• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Matt07

Smash Master
@ Sephiroths Masamune - True, haha, but just in case xP. And thanks for the offer, if I get stuck or have general questions, I'll let you help me out :).

@ Gates - Yea shes an amazing healer for sure, and I liked having her in my party. Cloud/Aerith/Tifa (or Barret) all the way. And hahaha, that picture is too funny.

Edit: Haven't played FFV, but I'd like too for sure. Grinding isn't too bad in some cases xP. I remember FF3 for the DS...what a difficult game O_o, and FF2 GBA is quite hard as well. But I still love the older style, and combat system of them, I think that might be why FF13 is kinda hard for me to get into :(.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
EDIT: Also! Details for Dissida 2 demo.

The demo will be released onto PSN March 15th, but for three bucks.

Yes, you read that right, Square is charging you for a demo. :glare:

Apparently the demo will include some carry-over content into the full game. It will include a unique scenario acts as a prequel to Dissida 2 in which you play as Lightning. Apparently said prologue will have exclusive items to be transferred into the full game and you will unlock Aeris as an assist character.

Yeah, sounds less like a demo and more like DLC they want to get out early.

source: http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/03/dissidia-demoprequel-dated/
So can you only play as Lightning in the demo, or will there be another mode aside from the prologue with a couple other characters?

I might not get it if it's just Lightning.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
so i just added like 21 songs from FF Piano Collections to my music playlist

best decision i've made in a while

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So can you only play as Lightning in the demo, or will there be another mode aside from the prologue with a couple other characters?

I might not get it if it's just Lightning.
No idea what the NA version will have, but I do know the Japanese version had an arcade where you could play as a few characters.

finalark

SNORLAX
Just a heads up for everyone, the week after next I will be opening the FF forum RPG in the decisive games section.

Start thinking up what kind of character you might want to play and don't forget to PM me if you have any questions.

Spire

III
BRoomer
so i just added like 21 songs from FF Piano Collections to my music playlist

best decision i've made in a while
FF7 and FF8 piano collections? Have 'em and listen to them about as much as all my other music. They are truly fantastic.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
FF6, FF7, FF9, and FF10, as those are the ones I've played

I want to play FF4 and maybe FF8 (and replay FF7 and FF9) during the summer, though. Let's see how that goes (I think I said the same thing last summer LOL)

Matt07

Smash Master
@ - Tee ay eye - I say the same thing, and I also never get around too it xD.

Also 'Lapis Laser' boss (I forget name xD.) Is brutal! I always get owned by that move, I guess I'll just grind my team :/.

Sim

Smash Apprentice

I approve of this new suit.

BTW: how do you insert big images into an openable window so it takes less space in a post?

EDIT: ty finalark

finalark

SNORLAX
BTW: how do you insert big images into an openable window so it takes less space in a post?
Use the collapse code. Basically, put the code in for an image then type collapse in brackets at the front of the code and /collapse in brackets at the end of the code.

Also, FFXIV servers are down for an extended period of time to save power in Japan.

I just hope everyone involved is okay, a lot of people are going to have to be relocated because of what happened.

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/final-...a-20110314114150320092/g-20090602145146581065

EDIT: Also, in addition to XIV the XI servers are offline as well.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yes, my thoughts and prayers go out to Japan.

@Spire - I agree, as well I love the piano versions of the songs.

Also related to FF7, I'm kinda curious that Zack (unintentionally) made Sephiroth go mad? When they're in the Mako Reactor in Nibelheim and they're speaking of the creatures Hojo made Zack asks "You said 'average' member, what about you?" Sephiroth slowly goes insane after that...

...Or am I just thinking too much xD.

finalark

SNORLAX
Dissida 012 its getting it's earliest reviews, right now it holds an 81 on metacritic. It's predecessor holds a 79, things are looking good.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Crisis Core was garbage. The gameplay was alright, but sheesh, the writing and voice acting were just horrible.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Sup. Any FF that is not 1, 4, 5, or 6 is terrible.

That is all.

This does not count games that aren't numbered such as tactics.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Doesn't this apply to 99% of video games?
Yes, but when you apply it to the universe of a game so many dearly enjoyed for reasons including the lack of voice acting, thus our own interpretations of the characters in full motion, you get angry fanboys like myself who think the characters are butchered. CC felt like an anime, FF7 did not. Those fond of anime seem to like CC a lot, but those like myself who are not fond of the medium don't seem to like CC as much. The clichéd one-winged crap really crumbled some pillars for me. I enjoyed Safer-Sephiroth's one-winged arm, for it was twisted - leathery almost - unlike an actual wing and more so proof of his self-proclaimed corrupt divinity. Aside from it, he was nothing short of an angelic being. Then with FF7's expanded universe (starting actually with Kingdom ****ing Hearts), they reworked the concept into a wing protruding from his right shoulderblade instead. In animals outside of the insect kingdom, a wing is not an extra appendage: it is an arm. They basically rebooted the concept of Sephiroth starting with KH. They knew the extra wing would be a selling point. I support replacing his right arm with a dark wing because it shows the bestial nature of the man. If you saw Black Swan, there was a very beautiful rendition of exactly what should have become of Sephiroth's reworked design.

I don't even know if I finished my rant or got to where I originally wanted to go, but I'm done ranting.
SCREEN CAPED!

AWESOME!
Lobbyism imo.

You know we have a trollface programmed, right? Just type :trollface : without the space.

:troll:

Matt07

Smash Master
FF2 was amazing, although a lot of people hate it, I guess the combat turned a lot of people off?

And if they used the Black Swan idea for Sephiroth with the wings, that would be awesome.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
FF2 was amazing, although a lot of people hate it, I guess the combat turned a lot of people off?

And if they used the Black Swan idea for Sephiroth with the wings, that would be awesome.
FF2 has the most broken combat system of any game. You can just hit eachother and heal eachother endlessly and be broken as hell.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Man. I am loving the changes made to this game. The assist system really adds a lot to the game. Battles are longer and more epic, and the possibilities have just been ramped up big time. EX Revenge instead of going straight into EX Mode is great too. God the chases are stupidly fast.

It's really hard to predict the timing, but you can do it. HP attacks are easy to dodge as always, but it's the brave attacks that get you, and then you think they're doing a brave attack and you dodge? HP attack. WHAT THEY MEANT THE CHASES TO BE LIKE ACTUALLY WORKS NOW. The little teaser of a story was pretty nice too. Pretty cool seeing Jecht as a good guy.

I'm just doing Arcade Hard Mode right now with characters (just played as Sephiroth in his original VII outfit. SO cool!) and trying to fight Tifa. If you beat her and complete the arcade mode, you unlock Cloud. Gotta see how my main's doing.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
What characters do you get to play in the demo?

I might get it since I probable will not get the game on release, I want to know what all there is before spending the money.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's pretty good. You're paying for arguably the best Assist in the main game release (Aerith) and a legitimate teaser storyline instead of just playing for a bit and the demo going, "Thank you for playing!"

As well, for all the accomplishments you get, you can transfer it over to the main Dissidia 012 game when it gets released too.

I just wish I had aerial Octaslash so that after I use Cloud of Darkness' assist Sephiroth can follow up with an HP attack.

Top Bottom