• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't get how people can get all of Aeris' limit breaks before the end of disc 1 in FF7. Aeris totally sucks and I've never gotten more than two levels of limit breaks with her. There's not really any point.
100% Completion requires getting them. That is literally the only point though. Everyone can heal, so the only bonus she has are white mage limit breaks which like you said, suck. Good thing she was killed; Sephiroth just eliminated a worthless temptation in party selection.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
100% Completion requires getting them. That is literally the only point though. Everyone can heal, so the only bonus she has are white mage limit breaks which like you said, suck. Good thing she was killed; Sephiroth just eliminated a worthless temptation in party selection.
I think Great Gospel was a broken limit break. Invincibility really would have came in handy later. And her high magic defense was a plus since all the armor was bugged in that game. Aerith wasn't a bad character when it came to magic, it was her low attack that made her unappealing.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think Great Gospel was a broken limit break. Invincibility really would have came in handy later. And her high magic defense was a plus since all the armor was bugged in that game. Aerith wasn't a bad character when it came to magic, it was her low attack that made her unappealing.
And even that mighta been remedied by Morphing a buncha those strength-up things to raise her stat. lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
But Aerith is mai waifu.

I'm drunk being sarcastic if you couldn't tell.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
See, it's because of that Aerith's nothing but trouble. /jkjk i love Aerith

I'm almost done 100%'ing Dissidia 012 Prologus now. Just have to do Arcade Mode with Lightning and I'll be set to go. Hopefully my copy comes in tomorrow or Tuesday.

Matt07

Smash Master
Me and Kuraudo are the only ones who liked Aerith. I'm not alone, haha xP.

I want Dissidia, I have a PSP at home, so I might pick it up I'll have to see though. I have a lot of other games I have to beat first.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Out of all the FF7 chicks, Lucrecia was my favorite. Mother of Sephiroth, long lost love of Vincent, wife of Hojo; she was basically the entire reason for everything that happened in that game. Without her, Jenova's influence would have been nothing.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh yeah, nevermind.

I think I finally have a main in Dissidia and that's Kain. He is a complete and total badass.

finalark

SNORLAX
Oh yeah, nevermind.

I think I finally have a main in Dissidia and that's Kain. He is a complete and total badass.
NOES! I WAZ PLANNIN ON MAINZ KAINZ!

But seriously, I haven't gotten the full game yet. I loved Kain from what I played in Prologous, though. We'll see how much I like the other characters once I pick it up.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm sooo excited! Distant Worlds is this weekend :3 :3

Also, I bought myself the Dissidia Terra figure since I saw it at a local store. Sooo hyped! She's so pretty~ Makes me wish they'd just make figures like that for FFVI in general. What I wouldn't give to have a Celes figure...

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait for the NGP to come out. Then I can get back into the FF scene which apparently moved almost exclusively to the PSP -.-

finalark

SNORLAX
Can't wait for the NGP to come out. Then I can get back into the FF scene which apparently moved almost exclusively to the PSP -.-
Na, that's just Dissida. FFIII and IV received remakes on the DS, XIII is on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 and XIV is on the PC.

Dissidia 012 just came out which is why we're all talking about it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
They're going all out with the Dissidia 012 DLC.

New DLC that's been confirmed asides what we already know,

CURRENT DLC • AVAILABLE OR COMING SOON

• KH!Cloud
• Amano!Tifa
• KH!Squall (Leon)
• Helmetless Warrior of Light (free DLC off PSN)
• Aya Brea!Lightning
• Cecil Sprite form (short, spiky hair)
• Cloaked Zidane (FFIX ending)
• Treno Citizen Kuja

--

NEW/UPCOMING DLC

• KH!Sephiroth
• Laguna in armor (not too familiar with VIII lol)
• Unknown Vaan DLC (to be revealed)
• FFI Music Pack (Airship, Battle Theme, Cornelia Castle, Menu Screen, Chaos Temple)
• FFXIII Music Pack (Dust to Dust, Eidolons, Fighting Fate, Cocoon de Chocobo, Eden Under Siege)
• FFIV Music Pack (Golbez's Theme, Within The Giant, Final Battle)
• FFIX Music Pack (Blade of Fury, Hunter Chance, Rose of May)
• FFVII Music Pack (Crazy Motorcycle, Electric de Chocobo, Birth of a God)
• FFVIII Music Pack (The Landing, Shuffle or Boogie, Liberi Fatali)

And this is only the beginning.

When you place a DLC costume on, when you select it in-game, it comes up as DLC1. Raise speculation! Characters may be getting more then just one DLC costume! All for classic VII!Cloud, Shinra grunt Cloud, or Miss Cloud, say aye. LOL

They're going all-out with this freaking game.

UMD LIMIT BREAK

Spire

III
BRoomer
Smashboards is impossible right now.

On another note, I've almost unlocked Gilgamesh!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I just did some Dissidia 012 online using Adhoc party.

Even when wireless, playing online against other people is freaking AMAZING. Like holy crap. The quality and lack of lag was so great. If there was slowdown, there wasn't a delay on the input of controls.

Sephiroth, all it requires is a PS3 with a wired internet connection and the USB cord needed to connect the PSP to the PS3 to set-up the Adhoc and all. If you can get that, you and I can face off. It's destiny. DESTINY.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So I was being really nostalgic and rereading this old thread.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210619
Specifically my first post in that thread. It's kind of interesting to see what I thought of games over a year before I got to play them and how much we learned about FFXIII in 2009 alone. It's also interesting to see how correct or not I was about the game in retrospect. And it's extremely funny that I thought FFXIII was going to be released in 2011.

Good times.

finalark

SNORLAX
It's pretty fun to go back and reread your predictions and thoughts on a game before it came out.

Hell, in the earlier pages of this very thread I was pretty damn excited for XIV. Then it came out and most of us promptly forgot about its existence.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I got Gilgamesh, now I'm saving up PP for Prishe. I've been playing this game every day since I bought it (the day after it came out). Question about the online: I need a PS3 to play online with friends? Please say no.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I like how Vaan was more important to the 012 plot than Lightning.

So the DLC stuff is 300 yen each, so it will probably be about $3 when the US get it.
I don't think I'll get anything, not unless we get a playable Vivi and a FF6 character. :/

Spire

III
BRoomer
lol $3 for a freaking costume? Seeing as how the game was only $30, that means it's worth 10 DLC costumes. Furthermore since the game has 90+ costumes preloaded, that means if you bought them all individually it'd be $270. Let's hope they'll be more lenient because 300 Yen = 3.5663 USD exactly.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Everything is more expensive in Japan. A retail copy of FFXIII cost 8000 yen iirc (>$80).

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wasn't the demo 300 yen and $2.99?

I guess we won't know till something is announced, but I don't think we will luck out and see everything at about $1 or less.

finalark

SNORLAX
HOLY OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION SMASH BOARDS GOT A NEW DESIGN OUT OF NOWHERE!

I mean, um, so, how about that Final Fantasy XI?

EDIT: Actually, speaking of FFOs XI and XIV servers are back online if anyone cares.

finalark

SNORLAX
I kind of like the new skin, its a nice change of pace. Although I could do without all of the cartoonishly large buttons. Plus I feel like I'm constantly being beat over the head with the fact that I regular a Smash Bros. forum despite that I haven't competitively played that game in years.

Top Bottom