• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion

Dekar289

Smash Hero
ntsc can run in progressive scan while pal can't
maybe thats why to some people it feels faster

@tibs: yeah watched a bit of it, not pretty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80m5Q71low

omg check out eggz, see the bit where he just stands there and charges f-smash and zhu rolls into it? clearly he's been watching me and taking notes

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
some of the di in that video is so bad its amazing, but that doesnt detract from how good mango/lucky/alex are

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah reminded me of matches we play here in aus
or here in melb at least
the marth falco matchup at it's finest, gimps and decisions and combos and chaingrabbing

not as entertaining as silentspectre lucky tbh
or even shiz lucky or shiz silentspectre
marth isn't entertaining but he's good
lawl

unreon

Smash Ace
Watching Shiz really is like watching poetry in motherfukcing motion.

Not a wasted move. Not a **** one.

He was thinking 3 moves ahead at all times; NO OTHER FALCO can even think that fast. Garuanteed.

Mango, Zhu, PeePee, Lambchops are watching with envy, god****.

EDIT: Just finished DSW/Falcomist 3.5
WHAT THE FRUCK AT THE ENDING
That was so ballsy. Melon-sized balls man.
I literally screamed out with the crowd and feared waking my parents up XD

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
i dunno what it is about falcomist but when i watch him sometimes in a match hes doing amazing **** that makes him seem like he could potentially be a top competitor but then later in the match he seems to go stale. It's amazing and a great set but the stale moments just get to me a little.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks Marc! Good effort made by the PAL Nations.

S:
Fox
Sheik
Jigglypuff
Falco
Marth
Peach

A:
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers

B:
Samus
Ganondorf
Doctor Mario

C:
Luigi

D:
Mario
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Link
Young Link

E:
Roy
Yoshi

F:
Mr. Game & Watch
Zelda
Bowser
Ness
Mewtwo
Kirby
Pichu

This chart fascinates me:
http://suroka.free.fr/Slhoka/Smash/PAL_Tier_List_2010/PAL_Tier_List_2010.pdf

Observations:
- Australia was the only country to vote unanimously for Jigglypuff to be 1st (but was supported by Benoit, Adam, Zgetto, Aniolas and Armada)
- Australia rated Sheik the lowest (5th) and YLink the highest (13th)
- UK rated DK the lowest
- Aniolas/Armada rated IC's (3rd), high aggregate for Sweden
- Spain, Norway, France, Austria rate Sheik 1st

Sieg

Smash Champion
Sheik second? Called it.

Also I loved how we unanimously called Jiggs 1st yet we barely have any Jiggs players lol.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
some people voted captain falcon above marth and JIGGS?
JIGGS 7TH?

get the **** out

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
From what I know, Armada and Aniolas mostly based the placing of the Ice Climbers on their potential (one grab = one kill) and how well Chu Dat did against Mango at Pound. Worldwide Chu is the only one who does a lot for the character, but he's a very scary player (with or without wobbling).

It is my personal opinion that not having Jiggs in the top 3 makes your opinion seem archaic, so good job Australia. :p You can definitely see in the results that many of the Dutchies and Swedes have experienced the American community and their Jiggs domination firsthand. Armada, Aniolas and some other Swedes are actually of the opinion that Jiggs is slowly killing the game and should be banned. I'm not so sure about that, though I am worried about what he's doing to teams.

As for the Marth remark... I think his matchups with Fox and Falco are generally considered evenish, while Sheik is a downright bad matchup. The jury is still out on the Jiggs matchup, but it's most likely even or a (small) disadvantage. Marth also can't get away with mistakes where higher characters can. I personally had him and Peach in the second tier actually, but I suppose this works too.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I agwee.
With what?
I don't know.

I think it's pretty accurate~
... I'm a tier *****, llooll...... =/
But FAX is so FAN. <3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Peach finally makes it into S tier, yey! Just!

Melee S Tier:
Focks
Sheik
Puff
Falcy
Marth
Peach

Brawl S Tier:
Metaknight

lol

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Hoorah for Jiggly! She deserves the rise, some of the things she does is quite broken and in my newb opinion I think she's quite easy to pick up especially for someone like me who has no tech skill whatsoever in Melee.

Speaking of no tech skill, do you guys have that problem of shielding sometimes when you try and L cancel? I guess it's because I hold shield too long, so uh yeah I think I solved my problem... :lol:

But yeah can you just tap shield right and it will L cancel without shielding afterwords?

Also, is there a link so I can see the whole PAL Tier list? Or could someone post it for me xD

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeh u hold too long
and jiggs is not easy
unless ur pro
i **** any jiggs hard roflflflflfl coz i play her

Top Bottom