• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion

Sieg

Smash Champion
Nah Zac.

I know you're just pissed off because you can't play Young Link.

Just admit it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so, who wants to prove to me/teach me how to 0-death with luigi's upb
I really just dont think its possible...
but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I play whichever character I feel like playing at the time regardless of stages, tier or prize money.

BF does favour Marth, and FoD is large. This is exactly the kind of points I want discussed. The size of FoD itself to me only strengthens its case as a neutral as it doesn't serve to counteract Peach or Puff for instance nor is it Yoshi64 where percent is beans

tibs7

Smash Champion
I'm using way more fox lately, he's so fun! anyway once im off against marth I can never get back. I'm dying at like 60% and it's just frustrating.

What to do gainst marf as fox? How to recover. Etc etc.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Every time I shine he like falls over...so I can't waveshine :( but yeah i know uthrow uair ***** him.

How does Tom do against your fox?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
k so fox vs marth
you up throw up air
and stuff (up smash, bair)
and dont get grabbed
approach smart

S.D

Smash Master
Every time I shine he like falls over...so I can't waveshine :( but yeah i know uthrow uair ***** him.

How does Tom do against your fox?
jab reset that ****, or do what Kas does and f tilt reset that ****.

Tom vs my fox we go pretty even he might get the better of me coz he is very competent against fox.

Edit: I might actually give you some proper advice since you're a good bloke and all.

As a combo move shine isn't really very useful in PAL. Mostly you'll use it for shield pressure and gimping. If you land a dair, you're better off going straight into a grab rather than a shine you're not guaranteed to combo out of. If you land nairs at low percent link them into u tilts then aerial combos rather than shines. Of course if you hit a shield with either pressure with shines > shine aerials or shine grabs which are really really **** vs Marth where your grab game is a great weapon.

As far as recovery goes.... don't fight near the edge to start with. Don't let Marth bait you to the edges, and if he does for gods sake don't **** up your tech or you will probably die. You're going to need to sweetspot your upb, ride the walls with it and learn to ledgetech > instant illusion to the ledge. Above all you need to mix up your recovery. If you get thrown off don't jump straight into an fsmash, guage what option they're likely to take and counter it. Eg: if they like throwing you off, standing there and gimping your jump, jump out a little further and over b through them, to the ledge, over them, don't be predictable or go for a sweetspot upb. If they're coming off stage after you with fairs, try airdodging back through them to the stage or coming up with a shine. Just don't have a pattern and don't get knocked off the edge.

tibs7

Smash Champion
How can you not get grabbed by marth? Lol
but um yeah jab reset to grab would be ****. Mmmm. Deks you be watching your back this monthly son.

S.D

Smash Master
How can you not get grabbed by marth? Lol
but um yeah jab reset to grab would be ****. Mmmm. Deks you be watching your back this monthly son.
I edited in some better advice. Also getting grabbed is ****ed so like, bait marth to come to you with your laser then capitalise on his approach.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
hahah tibs i'm too good vs fox with marth, not to mention the backup autowin jiggs
but hey i'll be happy to see you get 2nd <3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
force marth to approach and stay on the ground level

fox thrives on big stages vs marth, compare pk stadium/dreamland to yoshis/bfield
other than the layout, the size difference makes the game tip either way

dont get grabbed is really the right term, but doing so is not so simple

its pretty much dont miss any tech, because marth can punish it so easily its a bit silly, fox takes lots of effort and consistency

you have to play defensively as fox unless you know youre not going to make a single error, marth can just punish anything you mess up with a grab

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Marth has his way with Fox more in PAL than NTSC. NTSC it's considered a fair match generally. I do personally believe it's in Marths favour in PAL.

Sirias

Smash Champion
It's a gay match-up.
So.
Gay.
Just play Sheik against Marth.
Ololo~

Or just shine-spiking, 'cause it's pretty easy to shine spike dah Marfy.

unreon

Smash Ace
One thing not mentioned yet is to try to space yourself so that your SFFL approaches cross up Marth. It lets you land right behind him which takes away his grab as a OoS option.

You really have to know how to move with Fox effectively to bait him into doing laggy/punishable moves. Otherwise he can sit and jab you all day. Know the lengths of your dash dance, know how to waveland backwards off a fake empty short hop, be comfortable with wavelanding onto different platform heights, etcetc.

Fox is all about running.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
DRILL SHINE SHINE DRILL DRILL SHINE SHINE SHINE NAIR NAIR SHINE DRILL gg

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, I can't do that, at all.
I mainly just play fairly, the only gay thing I do is shine-spike, which I try often.
I don't like up-throw up-air, or up-throw chain grabbing, or up-throw up-smash, they're all horribly lame.

Right, ZAC, the only person I know who chain grabs as much as he can?
And then if you do it to him he complains and calls you gay and bashes your controller onto the ground?
Or always up-throw up-airs/up-smashes and tries to get the easiest/gayest kills?
Yeah.
Kool.
So fun to play.
And you wonder why you get all 'blah' when someone gays you, fail.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I only cg if I'm losing, and I always mix it up with u-tilts and u-airs.. hate ending with a smash. ONLY DO IT TO YOU.. U FAK cause u sit on the edge camping like a fak then throw to shine.. like a fak.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPk1MRX0SD4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPk1MRX0SD4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The ending is the best. :grin:

unreon

Smash Ace
The ending is the best. :grin:
Okay seriously I've actually had someone do that to me.

Don't remember his name, but it was from Jaz's last organised Sydney Melee tournaments at UTS. Think he was from Brazil or something.

All he did was hit me once, and camp that fricking edge. Falco literally has no approach. Jiggs floats away if you come towards her and hits you with a retreating Fair. Then grabs the stage again. So moronic.

I had to finish the set with a suicide dive. Calculated how far he would be from retreating back, jumped all the way out there and caught him with a spike as he tried the same old ****. Spiked him for the win.

Best **** victory I've ever tasted, more out of frustration than anything else.

Falco sucks >=(

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nobody is decent except syke
he wins all the tournament melee weeklies at his house
level 6 kirby can't touch him

Top Bottom