• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
mmm, well i didnt go so...

Yeah regardless, I guess it sucks on both ends. Tournament not going the way its planned, plus the winner win for nothing pretty much.

Ahhhh well.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
this. ten billion this.

if everybody who said they were going to be there actually turned up this problem wouldn't exist.
it would still exist if your venue costed $30,000 lmao

(may or may not be the actual cost of renting the hyatt regency)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
haven't i told you about the japanese smash stories yet? you're in for a loooongggg saturday night tak <3

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if everybody who said they were going to be there actually turned up this problem wouldn't exist.
you see pantsmann
what you have to understand is that people cannot see into the future
so when people say they are coming, that is not actually a fact
also some people are just liars... and etc

if the TO assumes he's going to get 100% attendance (and NEEDS it to cover venue fee), they are a bad to and have made a terrible error in judgement

planks fatal mistakes were not telling people "if we don't get x rooms we're in big trouble" and/or also overestimating attendance

bad

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i feel sorry for plank, but i feel more sorry for the winners and the scene
people gunna want to blame someone though, and based on the facts that have been presented so far, plank is the guy

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
And thats why ill never host my own tournament. Not that I'd run anything huge like that, but i know i'd make silly mistakes similar to that so.

Yeah, best to let other intelligent minded people to take care of the job better =P.

Athough if everything plank stated was true, then i'd feel pretty sorry for him. Of course I wouldnt if he just ran away with all the cash.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
this. ten billion this.

what if those people had legitamate reasons for not being able to make it?
who's the **** now.

I feel abit sorry for plank, but not really.

First of all, being a TO myself, I can safely say I do everything with the utmost caution and planning and I never would have got into this mess, I myself had a tourney which pretty much no one that said they would turn up to did, and that went along fine and was a great tourney.

second, even if he did the only thing anyone could and would in that situation, he handeled it very poorly, which leads to everyone being pissed, people like armada being in debt, etc etc.
terrible at life.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
it's no bombshell that plank has been an ******* to many people before and after this whole fiasco. not to me personally, but to others i know, so... yar. he'll get no sympathy from me!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
if you like blackmail, sex changes and betrayal, it's all about the land of the rising fun!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sieg threw a wobbly and punched a hole in the wall because he's a ****ing idiot.

thats a sf story for you right there

Zxv

Smash Lord
I wonder who's the second best crossover player? First is obviously M2K, can't really think of a clear second. ChuDat, perhaps?

Posting in both threads because I'm bored and want varied opinions.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Masashi is first that springs to mind.

Maybe DEHF? Mikehaze?
Yeah my first thought was DEHF too, but still... I'm not entirely sure how good he is at Melee though. Don't follow his Melee performances much. ChuDat is probably better at Melee in all honesty. In Brawl I've got no idea who's better.

Never heard of Masashi. Is he that Japanese Pit player?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Masashi is the best Japanese melee fox, period.

He is a top level pit player in Japanese brawl.

I don't know how his fox is these days for melee, but his pit is as good as ever from what I understand.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Masashi is the best Japanese melee fox, period.

He is a top level pit player in Japanese brawl.

I don't know how his fox is these days for melee, but his pit is as good as ever from what I understand.
Thought so. His Pit is pretty ridiculous.

Top Bottom