• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I don't like series that don't know when to end. It discourages me from even bothering with the story.
Generally, I agree with you. I think that most of the really popular shounen series overstay their welcome.

I don't feel that way about One Piece, mainly because they're always going to new places and having different adventures, so it never has time to grow stale. I don't know if it would be to your tastes, but I recommend it to everyone who seems bored of the typical shounen fare.

Or maybe you don't watch much anime or manga? In that case, the first post of this thread contains most of my suggestions, although I haven't updated it in far too long. Almost all the stuff there is both excellent, and relatively short.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I'm trying to get to AnimeExpo in LA. :D

July 3-6, people!!!!

And yes, anime that goes on forever *cough*Bleach*cough**cough*.

I would suggest Sola, to some of you people though, I've only read the 1st 5 chapters of the manga, but the anime is nice. I think it was voted as one of the highest ranking animes in Japan.

Matux

Smash Apprentice
O.o wheres the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Great anime

Miharu

Smash Hero
O.o wheres the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Great anime
Might not be suitable for first timers, though. Woudln't really recommend it as a first anime, especially for those who might not like anime in the first place.

Too many easter eggs in that one.

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
This thread is missing in Samurai 7 (think of it as rurouni kenshin taking down mechs), Basilisk (Romeo and Juliet only with more sex, violence, gore, and ninjas), and finally Speed Grapher (a detective novel with surprising amounts of violence).

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
This thread is missing in Samurai 7 (think of it as rurouni kenshin taking down mechs), Basilisk (Romeo and Juliet only with more sex, violence, gore, and ninjas), and finally Speed Grapher (a detective novel with surprising amounts of violence).
I've watched or read either the anime or manga for all of those, and chose not to include them on the list.

I think they all have their merits, but I also think that there are better examples of all those genres already on the list. For example, Samurai 7 has action and story, with light messages that are easily digested and understood. Witch Hunter Robin and Cowboy Bebop both fit that bill as well, and in my opinion are better shows. I think Berserk is superior to Basilisk, both in terms of action and of story. I also prefer Monster or Paranoia Agent to Speed Grapher (although it's probably my favorite of the three you mentioned).

I think all the shows you mentioned are rather good, honestly. It's just that I've seen them all, and I don't think they're the best series I could put on the list.

To anyone who's read/watched and enjoyed any of the manga/anime I compared to the ones DARKALONDITE suggested, you'd probably also like the anime he mentioned.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Probably C.C., although Kallen would be nice too :D

But it's most likely going to end up being neither, judging by how the story's progressing.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Woo, finished both seasons today on another website :)

Can you recommend anything else :D

Thaaaanks
Well, I'd recommend anything on here.

Watched:
Elfen Lied
FMA
Haruhi
Chrono Crusade
Rozen Maiden
Shakugan no Shana
Claymore
Fate-Stay Night
Lucky Star
Code Geass
Azumanga Daioh
Black Lagoon
Full Metal Panic
Ouran
Gurren Lagann
Clannad
Kanon
School Rumble
Death Note
Love Hina

Currently Watching:
Geass 2
Shana 2
Air
Mai-Hime
Minami-ke
Trigun
Ghost in the Shell
Shuffle

Also reading Soul Eater/Bleach/Naruto/other stuff.

Chibi-pika

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere in the desert, where cactus grow, and it
Anime's That I Have Watched ( not in Alphabetical Order, sorry)

GTO
Naruto
One Piece
Bleach
Jigoku Sensei Nube ( Hell teacher Nube)
Ranma1/2
Initial D
World's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Ichigo 100%
Trigun
The Melachony of Huruhi Suzimiya ( I think that's how you spell it)
Rozen Maiden
Parappa Tv
Death Note
Code Geass
Crayon Shin Chan
FMA ( Full Metal Alchaemist)
Naruto Shippuden
Kodomo no Jikan ( DON'T BLAME ME I WAS ONLY LOOKING FOR ANIME :urg: )
FLCL ( Fooly Cooly)
MAR ( Marchen awakens Romance)
Genshiken
Pokemon :rotfl:
Digimon
Inuyasha
Elfen Lied
Neon Genesis Evagaleon
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Dragonball GT
Paranoia Agent
Cromartie High
School Rumble
Lucky Star
Midori no Hibi ( Midori Days)
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo ( man thats a mouthful)
Digicharat
Ghost Story
This Ugly yet Beautiful World
Inukami
Yugioh Duelist Kingdom
Yugioh Original ( Not for children at all)
Chobits
Trinity Blood
Tenjou Tengei
Pani poni dash
Shakugan no Shana
Eureka Seven
Rurouni Kenshin
and much, much more

aznegglover

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'd recommend anything on here.

Watched:
Elfen Lied
FMA
Haruhi
Chrono Crusade
Rozen Maiden
Shakugan no Shana
Claymore
Fate-Stay Night
Lucky Star
Code Geass
Azumanga Daioh
Black Lagoon
Full Metal Panic
Ouran
Gurren Lagann
Clannad
Kanon
School Rumble
Death Note
Love Hina

Currently Watching:
Geass 2
Shana 2
Air
Mai-Hime
Minami-ke
Trigun
Ghost in the Shell
Shuffle

Also reading Soul Eater/Bleach/Naruto/other stuff.
Dang, that's a lot o.o

Are there any in that list that are particularly funny? o;

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Might not be suitable for first timers, though. Woudln't really recommend it as a first anime, especially for those who might not like anime in the first place.

Too many easter eggs in that one.
Bull****, it was the second anime I ever saw right after Berserk. Combined, they are the shows that got me into anime. I think Haruhi is fine for first timers, they'll accept the strange things and realize they're watching a masterpiece. Btw, your avatar is awesome.

Also, Mai-Hime is a great show. I didn't really care for the first 9 or so eps, but then the show takes a drastic turn and becomes amazing. I loved it by the end. There's a sequel show to it called Mai-Otome, never watch it. It has the most nonsensical, contrived, disappointing conclusion I've ever seen.

Top Bottom