• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

Rose

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys like anything outside of the mainstream or older than ten years?

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I'm not sure if that was intended as a serious question or a drive-by insult.

Regardless, yes. The front page should list a number of series that hardly qualify as "mainstream". As far as the older series, I'm sure a good number of the people that read this thread have seen old series. Whether they've found many that fit what this thread is looking for is another issue. Berserk and Golden Boy are at least more than a decade old, along with severla of the Ghibli movies.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I swear I've seen "My Balls" mentioned somewhere in this thread a while ago =/
I actually had a chance to read a few chapters of it and it's hilarious.

I think I'll get around to watching Berserk and Monster since people keep talking about how good it is. And maybe Gurren Lagann too..

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
EDIT: You know, I don't update this thread nearly enough. Expect an update to the list in the next week, sometime when it's not nearly one in the morning.
I lied.

I'll update this thread today, sometime after I post this long overdue response to all the comments and suggestions I've gotten since my last post.

I'll second Mushishi. It's episodic in nature, and it really does pull you in with the lot of fantasy elements. What really got me about it was how differently they put insubstantial and intangible things into a different perspective.

Edit: I also should mention that I finished Noein, and still recommend it (although things became a little sloppy towards the end...).
Yes and yes. I've completely Noein, and found it thoroughly enjoyable and quite well done. I've only read the first one or two volumes of the Mushishi manga so far, but I'm confident enough in its quality that I'm willing to put both the manga and the anime on the list.

Edit 2: I'll also throw in a bid for Mononoke, if I haven't already. Not Mononoke-hime, mind you, just simply Mononoke. Some mythology tied in to a bit of mystery and unique artstyle.
I have to admit, that's a show that wasn't even on my radar. I hadn't heard about it until now, but it seems interesting enough to me that I'll put it on the "Other Recommendations" part of the list for now, as well as on my personal list of series to watch. No idea when I'll get around to it, but I'll probably add it to the list when I do.

I may have skipped over but how can there be no Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, this is one of the best I've seen.:chuckle:
Should I start the Haruhiism?:psycho:
I'm sorry, but I don't think The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya really fits this list. It is by no means a bad show, but it is also a show that appeals primarily to anime fans, and tends to alienate those who are not.

It's a good show, but not appropriate for this list.

I think some just pure action movie-esque kind of animes would be good for people that don't like anime but like that sort of thing. What comes to mind old school is Ninja Scroll, and new school would have to be Afro Samurai. Both have some seriously messed up things going on, but the sheer coolness of the action makes you want to keep going.
I've never seen either of these series, and I have to admit I'm not particularly anxious to watch either. If anyone can give me a link to either of these series I'll check them out, but I have to admit I'm not willing to even download these series. There's just not my kind of show, frankly.

For people that like Cowboy Beebop, I would recommend also Samurai Champloo... it's not a unique anime, but it has a really cool hip-hop style to it, combining old Japan with elements of hiphop culture.
Samurai Champloo has a very similar style to Bebop, but the reason I included Bebop rather than Champloo was because I felt that Bebop had a stronger plot and deeper characters. You're welcome to disagree, of course, but I felt that Champloo was a weaker series.

That said, people who liked Bebop will almost certainly enjoy Champloo. Personally, I watched and enjoyed both.

If people want to TOTALLY break out of the mold, I suggest Perfect Blue and Paprika. But only if you want to get your mind completely blown, because that *will* happen.
Yet more series I intended to watch, but have not yet gotten around to.

DBZ best anime ever
I could not disagree with you more.

None of the Dragonball series are anywhere near the "best anime ever", but the original Dragonball is far superior to any of its subsequent incarnations.

Rurouni Kenshin is awesome.
Again, Rurouni Kenshin is a rather good shounen series, but that's exactly the kind of show I want to avoid.

I recently ran into Le Chevalier D'Eon, and I think it definitely fits the bill here. It has a much different style of animation than most animes, I like the pacing quite a bit, it has excellent fight scenes and even a pretty cool intro.
You know, that's another series I need to watch.

I'm a bad, bad person.

I don't know... I think Haruhi might deserve a spot, if only because the narrator is sarcastic as hell and rips on pretty much everything. Everyone loves sarcasm.
Huruhi is a show aimed at anime fans. Therefore, it doesn't belong on this list, even if it's really really good.

I disagree with all the people who said that Trigun shouldn't be on the list. Why? Trigun was the show that got me into Anime. It's a great story that doesn't overstay its welcome, lasting just 26 episodes. I found Vash to be a excellent as well as deep character who was simply a joy to watch. Sure there are a lot of quirky yet humorous bits, but there is a deep story beneath Vash's smile. To the people who didn't like it; By any chance, were you watching the english dub? The english dub is terrible, it destroys all the nuances the Japanese voice actors had. Sure, maybe the show is a little dated, but your not going to find a more enjoyable Anime out there.
I never felt like Trigun was a particularly deep show. I thought it was a rather cliche show that made a pretense of being emotionally and philosophically deep. I'm sure that many other people would agree with you that it should be on this list, but I was unimpressed.

Finally I recommend Full Metal Alchemist to the teenager who is looking for a more adult, yet enjoyable show. FMA starts out as a journeyman tale about two brothers, but it quickly becomes more than that. Soon issues such as racism, religion, politics, and morality weave their way into the story. There will be blood, but there will also be laughs. A great show for the beginner simply thanks to its high quality.
I think this show does a better job this show does a better job on the emotions and philosophy, but I think that it kind of falls apart in the last forth of the show. If anything, I would recommend the manga, because it doesn't have this problem, but it still fits into the shounen mold a bit too well.

It's a good show that probably won't appeal to people who don't already like shounen anime.

Is Berserk really that good? Just from the "Abridged Versions" on Youtube, it looks like the most homo-erotic series I've seen since Record of Lodoss Wars.
Does being homoerotic mean it's not good? I wasn't aware that homoeroticism and quality were mutually exclusive.

Personally, I found it absolutely excellent, and not particularly homoerotic.

i'm surprised no one has mentioned hunter x hunter yet, although i haven't seen many animes, of the one's i have seen, hunter x hunter is my clear cut favorite
It's a very typical shounen show. As such, it doesn't really belong on this list.

I'm way more surprise by the lack of any anime by Kyoto Animation...

Tsukuyomi's Recommendation:

KyoAni Anime:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Still is one of the best anime out there...)
Air (Bring tissues...)
Kanon 2006 (Be sure its the 2006 version... The other version really sucks...)
Lucky Star (Look siggy below... Biggest favorite, though person who is a decent otaku can only understand this anime...)
Clannad (Newest series that recently started... Probably should wait a couple months before they actually finish it...)
These are all shows that are oriented towards a specific group of anime fans. These don't belong on the list any more than a show like Naruto does.

Sayanora Zetsubou Sensei (So Long, Mr. Despair is a decently funny anime with its set of uniqueness...)
I really liked what I've seen of this show, but I'll have to watch some more before I can make any kind of decision one way or the other about its inclusion on the list.

School Days (Like sex and drama??? Anime for you... Don't worry, its not hentai...)
I haven't seen it, nor have I heard anything about it.

What separates it from the typical love triangle story?

Code Geass (A bit like Death Note, a fight to see who is right and who is just...)
Code Geass is a show that I like very much. However, it falls prey to a number of anime cliches. Still, it's good enough that I'm actually considering adding it to the list despite these cliches. I probably will include it, despite my reservations.

"Death Note", especially, since it's by the same artist that did "Blue Dragon Ral Grad", which was so thoroughly mediocre.
Yeah, the artist is the same, but the author is completely different. The combination of the two was what made Death Note so great. Even though Obato is good, he wasn't enough to save Blue Dragon from mediocrity.

Such a good list of anime and manga mentioned in here though I am thouroughly shocked that nobody had mentioned Eureka Seven! I think it's definately on the list for best animes to come out in this decade. It has a lot of fresh and original characters. Although it does revolve arround mechs they play a much smaller role then they normally do in it's similar bretheren.
Eureka 7 is one of my favorite anime. I'm really torn on whether to include it in this list, but I feel that, unfortunately, it has too many elements that might turn off someone who is new to anime, or someone who generally dislikes anime.

I'd love to include it, but I don't think it really belongs on this list.

The other anime/manga that I do suggest even though it does follow the Shonen format rather easily is One Piece I find that it's definately one of the best of that genre if due to Oda's style, humor and the interesting and lovable characters bring a lot of heart to the series.
I agree with everything you say here. One Piece is absolutely my favorite shounen manga (I think the manga is far superior to the anime), and perhaps my favorite manga series. However, it's also very shounen, and as such it has a number of elements that would probably turn off the people this list is aimed at.

Again, it's another series that I love, and one that I would recommend to any anime/manga fan. However, I won't put it on this list.

Just thought I'd throw a quick pitch for Dennou Coil.

The story takes place in a near future, where what we could think of as the internet has extended onto the real, tangible world, and can be viewed with cyber glasses. That description may not do it justice, but it's quite a fantastic concept. The story itself begins very lighthearted and humorous, following the various ventures of some children to better acquant you with the world they live in. As it develops, however, it gets to be quite serious, and somewhat complicated. I guess I also have to give it some respect for having plot twists that I couldn't see coming... something that rarely happens anymore.

So yeah, check it out if you get a chance. I showed it to some non-anime people at my college, and they loved it.
Yes yes yes yes yes.

Seen it, liked it, forgot to add it.

I will add it tonight.

Another cool anime for non-anime fans is Bartender, it's a really unique series. Also, you become classy just by listening to the soundtrack.
Yet another series that I need to watch.

You guys are killing me here.

Do you guys like anything outside of the mainstream or older than ten years?
Huh?

I have to admit, I'm an anime fan who's fairly new to the medium. This is partly because I'm only nineteen, so I haven't included as many older series as I might have if I'd been born a few years earlier. However, the list has a number of shows that are more than ten years old, so I don't really see where you're coming from with this.

I swear I've seen "My Balls" mentioned somewhere in this thread a while ago =/
I actually had a chance to read a few chapters of it and it's hilarious.
Indeed it was. I think I accidentally deleted it in one of my edits to the list, but I should have the original text of the list saved on my computer, so I can easily add it back in.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Also, does anyone have any recommendations for sites to replace the now defunct TVlinks?

I know of a few sites that have similar content and format to TVlinks, but none with the same volume of series and episodes.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Just to back up for Mediocre (not that he needs it, but as I'm basically the target audience I think it would help), this list isn't "Greatest anime's ever", or "Shows to get people into anime", it's "Anime for people who don't like it". I have no interest in watching Anime, I've seen several series and I just don't like the style. Actually, I hate the style, and by that I don't watch anime, and that's not going to change. However, just because I hate a style doesn't mean that there can't be a few good shows in it. Death Note is, from what I've seen, a perfect example of that. It's very good by itself, and from an Anime standpoint doesn't overuse the anime style. Elfen Lied is not one of those shows. Elfen Lied, outside of the opening credits, was god awful for me, and I watched all the episodes. It was bad, and doesn't belong on the list. It was weird, and just never caught my interest. I was waiting for it to kick up, as I heard it was great, but it just died.

Does anyone know where I can get episodes of Monster again? I used Tv-links, but only watched one episode and forgot about it, and now tv-links is offlline.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
I'm really surprised you took the time to respond to all those comments Mediocre. Nice!

I still agree with everything you've said! Just because an anime may be incredible to fans of the genre, it doesn't mean everyone would like it. For instance, I have plenty of friends who'd tear out my eyes if I forced them to watch FMA or Trigun.

Still the best list on Smashboards!

Edit: I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Dragon Head is an awesome manga. Here's a brief description from ANN

A typical school field trip going back to Tokyo from Kyoto via the bullet train Shinkansen is suddenly interrupted by a blinding light and a powerful explosion. Hours later, Aoki Teru, wakes up in total darkness only to find that everyone except him are dead. Now, trapped in a tunnel with both ends burried under a pile rocks, he must find the remaining survivors and get out of there.
ANN gives away a little more than I'd like to, so just read the part I posted. It's essentially Lord of the Flies in manga form. The beginning's a little weird, and the art might turn you off, but it all really starts to fit a few chapters in.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Wow, I just finished reading Uzumaki. That is one amazingly creepy series. Very good, but very creepy. I don't think I'm going to sleep soundly tonight.

I lied.

I'll update this thread today, sometime after I post this long overdue response to all the comments and suggestions I've gotten since my last post.
Again, I lied. Apparently, you can't trust anything I say in this thread (with the exception of the recommendations I make).

Even so, I will say that I intend to update tomorrow. My schedule is relatively free, and I don't even have anything on hand to eat up my free time, so I should be able to do it.

If I don't, feel free to yell at me.

Just to back up for Mediocre
Thanks. I think a lot of the problem is that people don't actually bother to read the opening post of the thread, and instead they just assume that it's a list of good anime.

Does anyone know where I can get episodes of Monster again? I used Tv-links, but only watched one episode and forgot about it, and now tv-links is offlline.
Joox.net has them, I think. I just tested the first episode and it still works, so it's a good bet that the entire series is still up there.

If not, there's always the old bittorrent standby. If you're not familiar with bittorrent, catch me on AIM and I can give you the basics.

I'm really surprised you took the time to respond to all those comments Mediocre. Nice!
Yes, I agree. I am an all-around wonderful person.

Edit: I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Dragon Head is an awesome manga.
Oh, I remember reading that one. It's another really weird series. I haven't finished the manga yet, because the scanlations aren't finished and I'm too cheap to buy the books, but it's good enough that I'll add it to the list.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
i'll have to disagree with your comment about melancholy appealing only to people who watch anime. it was the second anime i ever saw (berserk was the first and still the best, and im not counting DBZ cause i watched it when i was a lot younger) and it ranks as my second favorite anime of all time. this coming from the guy who despised all anime until he saw berserk. after that depressing cliffhanger i was immensely cheered up by one of the most upbeat, hilarious, and charming shows i have ever seen. it deserves a place on your list because even if you do not understand the references you will still love the characters and the interesting plot developments.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
i'll have to disagree with your comment about melancholy appealing only to people who watch anime. it was the second anime i ever saw (berserk was the first and still the best, and im not counting DBZ cause i watched it when i was a lot younger) and it ranks as my second favorite anime of all time. this coming from the guy who despised all anime until he saw berserk. after that depressing cliffhanger i was immensely cheered up by one of the most upbeat, hilarious, and charming shows i have ever seen. it deserves a place on your list because even if you do not understand the references you will still love the characters and the interesting plot developments.
I would disagree with you. Melancholy is way too anime cliche, even for me. And trust me, I love my anime.

Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of the main character herself, and I know that she would turn off a lot of people to the show. And I'm also not sure that people who don't like anime would even understand it:(

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I would disagree with you. Melancholy is way too anime cliche, even for me. And trust me, I love my anime.

Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of the main character herself, and I know that she would turn off a lot of people to the show. And I'm also not sure that people who don't like anime would even understand it:(
well, maybe im the exception. because going into it i hated anime, even after loving berserk, and i was totally blown away by how much fun it was. it's the most entertaining anime i've ever seen.

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
Well, the problem with a list like this is its very open about why people don't like anime. Some (like me, several years back) think anime is all Sailor Moon, DBZ and Gundam; without every being exposed to better series. Others (like Eor it seems), just generally dislike the typical style and cliche's. Its different for everyone, and that is why there is so much disagreement as to what would be good for non-fans.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Just to back up for Mediocre (not that he needs it, but as I'm basically the target audience I think it would help), this list isn't "Greatest anime's ever", or "Shows to get people into anime", it's "Anime for people who don't like it". I have no interest in watching Anime, I've seen several series and I just don't like the style. Actually, I hate the style, and by that I don't watch anime, and that's not going to change. However, just because I hate a style doesn't mean that there can't be a few good shows in it. Death Note is, from what I've seen, a perfect example of that. It's very good by itself, and from an Anime standpoint doesn't overuse the anime style. Elfen Lied is not one of those shows. Elfen Lied, outside of the opening credits, was god awful for me, and I watched all the episodes. It was bad, and doesn't belong on the list. It was weird, and just never caught my interest. I was waiting for it to kick up, as I heard it was great, but it just died.

you need to see Berserk. dont just watch a few eps in and ***** how bad it is because the first few eps of Berserk are bad. but once you finish all 25 eps, you will sit back in awe at having just seen the greatest anime of all time.

falco999

Smash Apprentice
I recommend the anime Over Drive. It's about a boy who has a very plain life and then is told to join the bicycle club at their school by the girl he likes. he immediately falls in love with riding the bicycle and it becomes his life's obsession

M-80

Smash Cadet
I love readin and watching DBZ, Yu-gi-oh gx, naruto and bleach and i love reading 666 satan, Gantz, Air Gear, and hikaru no go i would recommend those 2 anyone because they are great

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
School Days recently came out in 07 so thats why you prolly havent heard of it... but it is out and subbed you should look it up and yes its basically about high school drama and plot twist and just plain twisted like Higurashi

barboachtraner

Smash Rookie
Recommending Kaiji here. It has a slightly unusual art style, so I guess the pointy noses could annoy some more close minded people, but there's no stereotypical big eyed schoolgirls or anything like that. It's a drama / thriller about a lazy guy who participates in high stakes gambles in an attempt to escape his debts. People who appreciate 'mind games' will definitely like this, as there's plenty of suspense even when a situation gets drawn out for multiple episodes. It's fan subbed only, and there are still six episodes that haven't aired yet.

I would also recommend Akagi, based on a somewhat similar manga by the same author, but it requires understanding Mahjong rules to appreciate, so it doesn't exactly have universal appeal. It also has a rather abrupt and disappointing ending.

I haven't read either manga, so I can't personally compare them to the anime adaptations!

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anybody else has mentioned it, but Super Milk Chan is my favorite cartoon I've ever seen on Cartoon Network. And I can't stand anime.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
I greatly enjoy Prince of Tennis and Slam Dunk!. I think they are both great options for people who think that anime is all about fighting. (I used to be skeptical about sports anime, as well, but Hajime no Ippo, Prince of Tennis, and Slam Dunk! changed that.)

Although, Slam Dunk! has a superior manga - they stopped the story in the anime. >_>

Prince of Tennis is one of my favorites ever though, and fortunately they wised up and kept the series going through the Nationals... (shakes fist angrily at Slam Dunk!)

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
Hellsing is simply excellent, I think it's the best anime i've ever seen.
Saikano is also a very good one for those who like love stories...

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
An emotional anime I would really recommend would be D.N. Angel.

The anime is really tied with emotion, including love, self-fishness, self-lessness, evil, destiny and fate, resolutions to life, etc.

A lot of weeping involved to :I

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Battle Royale, the manga.
It's a story about 42 students trapped on an island with limited food and each having whatever weapons they were given. They have to kill each other and the there can only be one left standing.
It sounds simple, but there's so much more to it than that. This manga has everything you could ask for, romance, trust, courage, loyalty, character development, everything. I loved some of the characters.

There's no anime for it, but there is a Japanese live action movie. I strongly recommend you to watch the manga before watching the movie. The manga has so much more to offer.

Also, it's rated R. Some scenes are absolutely disgusting, but it's so awesome. So if you're not afraid of seeing severed limbs and guts popping out, or if you're just into that kind of stuff, just watch it. Also has incidents of porn and stuff..

I'm not that good at explaining things so look up some other sites for a better overview.

FootFace

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I just got into this kinda stuff,

I can't decided wether to read bleach or Full Metal Alchemist first though!

By the way, if you haven't read Deathnote, it has what I believe is the best plot ever.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Ah, forgot that this thread existed.

And shame on you Mediocre for spending time with "real life" and not goofing off and watching lots and lots of series.

I'll second Kaiji and Bartender. Bartender in particular was full of lots of class and clearly intended for a mature audience. I say "mature" not in the sense of violence/adult themes, but from the perspective of having more life experience.

Ghost Hound is a nice paranormal mystery/thriller with an enormous amount of psychological theory references. I have yet to see the conclusion, but at this point I'd give it at least a mention.

I'd like to recommend Baccano!, but the sheer amount of violence in it is holding me back. It works like one of those stories where you follow individual characters/groups for a short periods of time to get their perspective on events, and then it's all gradually pieced together until everything reaches a full conclusion. It's great in that respect, but as I said, many violent scenes.

I always have more, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I just read

Saru Lock

over the past couple of days and it is easily the best series I've read all year. A great mix of humor, mystery, and raunchiness. Unfortunately I have yet to find an English translation of it so I doubt many here would be able to enjoy it as well.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i got pretty good tast in anime and manga
recommended to watch
basilisk
clannad
school days
i dont feel like explaining the plot. but its good if you like dramatic stuff

my grammar FAILS

shal

Smash Apprentice
yeah thoses are pretty hott but i got a great love for BLEACH and DEATH NOTE but really awesome

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I love Death Note but i say read the manga... It is way better than the animate. :psycho:
The bad thing about Death Note is that it gets boring after book 7... And this comes from someone
who is a fan of both L and Light...

I was attracted to Death Note because of its realistic aspects, usually there's mangas that involve people getting killed and there is no sort of police or some police from another planet but in this one it seems like a good cross between ficcion and reality. (For people who read it/spoilers/rant)->
But after book 7 it gets too predictable, i read the authors were rushed to do it... and it looses that realistic aspect that attracted me in the first place. The next step would have been like a cold war, countries plotting to kill each other and pay to have Kira's service and gain money and power. (Anyone seen the movie Transformers?)Light's death was pathetic and rushed, he should have atleast died in a court, that way the speech would of had more meaning, ultimately there were probably a thousand ways for Light to live but the authors were on a rush to kill the story. (Pro-Kira judges in a court, a court that thinks a kid can't be Kira, waiting for the right moment to use the scrap note. Another thing- telling Takada to eat the papers and tell it to Mikami -i swear when i read that part that popped into my mind, i was like well thats stupid i bet this is a plot device and Mello will somehow be a hero because his death sucked, etc.)
I've heard of dictators that kill criminals even for the stupidest crimes and they all had the majority of the local people's and government's support and died at an old age from sickness.(Franco for one) Death Note should have atleast been a little longer... It seems the authors were even scared to take it that way OR They should have ended it at 7 and leave what was going to happen to the reader's imagination if they feared to touch moral issues that much. In the end, book 13(extras) says they wanted Light to receive punishment for killing people, i lol'ed they are no different than Light...
I always wanted to see Light pull off an Aizen of Bleach type of thing but nothing was as impressive as that was, atleast to me... I'm not sure which manga came first but sometimes i wonder if they tried to show what would happen after Light died... Lol.
If you want to see manipulative skills greater than Light's watch Bleach...

As for L, they should have kept him alive, Mello and Near are just cheap clones...

Now i finally stfu to say another manga i like is Bleach, the manga is better than the anime because in the anime they have 60+ crappy fillers and skipped chapters... But i like to watch the anime more than the manga. :psycho: fighting things are just better on t.v... Anyways Bleach might seem like a light-hearted thing with a "lets save this girl!" crappy plot at first but the unpredictability and just plain gore reaches a whole new level of awesome if you read on...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I recommend Soul Eater. It's shonen but it's not all fight-little talk, has strong female roles and the animation isn't so exaggerated as to alienate the reader. The storyline is pretty simple and easy to follow, so I doubt it will be an incredibly long one. Also, it may cater to video game fans as it's by Square Enix.

Tenshi na Konamaiki (or Cheeky Angel) is pretty decent for beginners despite gender-bending material that anime often has. :ohwell: Keep to the manga because the anime is awful though. The storyline is simple, there are some action scenes, the art style is simple enough to be okay to a first time westerner, but what I like the most is the humor.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Wow, way to hype a series and then spoil major plot points.

Epic fail.
I wrote "(For people who read it/spoilers)" thank you very much for noticing that.
Although i kind of went overboard... I'm gonna put spoiler tags for special people like you...

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Guys, remember, this isn't the generic anime topic. Dragon Ball Z is not "an anime for people who don't like anime."

Lord Omikron666

Smash Rookie
Glad I'm not the only Hellsing fan around. FYI for anyone who may look into Hellsing, read the manga or watch the OVAs (aka Hellsing Ultimate) the 13 episode series is terrible compared to the other 2.

I like Alucard's (the main character personality, he's not a stereotypical protagonist that spews corny lines about justice and whatnot, he loves battle and will brutaly slaughter his enemy. Though he isn't just a killing machine, he has a really insightful mind because of his past. The plot also doesn't waste time and the action is always getting more and more intense.

Just read the manga and you'll see, it's farther than the OVAs, but those are still good.

Top Bottom