• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Recently been catching up with the One Piece series in terms of the anime and the manga.

I wonder if there will be any new members who could potentially be recruited to become a straw hat pirate?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Recently been catching up with the One Piece series in terms of the anime and the manga.

I wonder if there will be any new members who could potentially be recruited to become a straw hat pirate?
Jinbei
is pretty much guaranteed; beyond that, it's unclear. We could see someone who's currently with the Straw Hats joining, or we could get someone in the Wano Country arc. (or we could get nobody at all; it's been a very long time since someone joined the crew, so maybe Oda figures that, with the exception of the person whose name I spoiler tagged, the crew's at a good size - we have no way of knowing)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Jinbei
is pretty much guaranteed; beyond that, it's unclear. We could see someone who's currently with the Straw Hats joining, or we could get someone in the Wano Country arc. (or we could get nobody at all; it's been a very long time since someone joined the crew, so maybe Oda figures that, with the exception of the person whose name I spoiler tagged, the crew's at a good size - we have no way of knowing)
I've been browsing around to see which ones could possibly join the Straw Hats to which the other contenders could possibly be Caesar and Carrot.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been browsing around to see which ones could possibly join the Straw Hats to which the other contenders could possibly be Caesar and Carrot.
Personally, I don't get why people think of Caesar as a possibility - between kidnapping children to addict them to drugs, betraying his employees, backstabbing his employers, and generally being a self-centered jerk, he seems like the exact opposite of a Straw Hat.

Of the people with them, either Pedro or Carrot seem likely, though Carrot could probably use more depth before she's seriously considered, and at the moment, Pedro seems to have a lot of overlap with other Straw Hats. Alternatively, the crew could wind up getting a ninja at Wano Country, because it's Luffy - of course he's going to try to recruit a ninja.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Personally, I don't get why people think of Caesar as a possibility - between kidnapping children to addict them to drugs, betraying his employees, backstabbing his employers, and generally being a self-centered jerk, he seems like the exact opposite of a Straw Hat.

Of the people with them, either Pedro or Carrot seem likely, though Carrot could probably use more depth before she's seriously considered, and at the moment, Pedro seems to have a lot of overlap with other Straw Hats. Alternatively, the crew could wind up getting a ninja at Wano Country, because it's Luffy - of course he's going to try to recruit a ninja.
After reading the latest chapter, I guess its safe to say that Jinbei has cemented his place as a Straw Pirates member.

But yes, I'm trying to understand why people think Caesar would be a possibility. Although I feel Carrot would be a good member to join the Straw Pirates.

I know people have hinted that there maybe an additional 3 members set to join the Straw Hats based upon the cover page of chapter 846.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just picked up the first season of One Punch Man on DVD. I don't have a lot of anime DVDs (most Dragon Ball, with a few One Piece sets, the first set of Hunter x Hunter episodes, and a Naruto movie), but I'm glad that this was available near me, and it gives me an excuse to re-watch the series!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Been watching all the of the episodes of Boruto: Next Generation and the 1st episode of Black Clover.
I watched Little Witch Academia, Re:Creators, My Hero Academia 2nd Season, Kakegurui, Made in Abyss, and Black Clover.
Asta's voice was a bit annoying...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ah, it's been a while.
Little Witch Academia (all of its versions), Boku no Hero Academia, Made in Abyss should all be must-see.
:196:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ah, it's been a while.
Little Witch Academia (all of its versions), Boku no Hero Academia, Made in Abyss should all be must-see.
Yes, LWA the first shorts, a movie, and of course the TV series.
MHA, 1st season rocks, 2nd season was awesome!
With that said, here's a MHA X LWA fanart which I really hope someone can make this into a poster so I can collect it lol...
And Ochako and Akko riding the broom, and yes I aware a part of their name rhymes.
Yes, since you consider them all be must-see. Then this probably means I have seen most all of the must-see animes, now I feel proud of myself (Not really...)
And Made In Abyss is like the best anime 2017 hands down.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't know where to post this, but this seems as good of a spot as any. I don't know how many of you have an interest in MUGEN (for the uninitiated, it's basically a build-your-own fighting game), but I made some characters and I was hoping to get some feedback.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/megadoomers-wips-dbz-and-one-piece-characters-180738.0.html

There's ten of them so far, from Dragon Ball and One Piece (in case the title didn't give that away). I plan to expand this gradually (I'm almost done my next two), but I was hoping to get some kind of feedback before I get too far into this.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'd love a Vigilante spinoff anime, but I guess S4 is ok. The Overhaul arc is the darkest and I'm very interested in how they portray it.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I checked out Goblin Slayer.

Well, I checked out CLIPS of it, but I think I got the gist of the episode.

I've heard it caused an uproar. I can SEE why, but I don't think it's necessary to get angry over it.

My heart was racing the whole time. It's definitely a change of pace from the anime I typically watch, like My Hero Academia and Konosuba. You know, light-hearted fantasy adventure anime. I think I might get into it if they make another episode. If not, I'll look into reading the manga and/or the light novel.

D

Deleted member

How are you talking about anime here without getting warned by mods

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
As long as there is a dedicated thread for it in the right subforum, there is nothing wrong to talk about general interests.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been checking out quite a few animes lately as the media buff I am.

Currently on Yu Yu Hakusho.

Followed by that I'll be watching

1. HunterxHunter
2. Saint Seiya
3. Gintama
4. Bleach
5. Beelzebub
6. Fist of the North Star

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Saw this trending on Twitter, seems like a fun bump for this thread:

Anime I hate: Shonen Jump stuff I haven't watched/read
Anime I think is overrated: Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Studio Ghibli films, Kill la Kill,
Anime I think is underrated: Astro Boy, Cyborg 009, Birdy the Mighty, Space Dandy,
Anime I love: Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Shield Hero, Assassination Classroom,
Anime I secretly love: Naruto/Boruto, Monster Musume, Pokemon, Digimon,
Fav Anime of all time: Urusei Yatsura

Hate & Overrated is kind of hard as I won't watch something I have no interest in, while overrated I read/watch but have no interest in the fandoms or think are just okay.

Currently watching the Boruto anime. I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it compared to the previous series and the current manga. The slice of life aspects are fun and the pacing is 10x better. Will start on the recent Cyborg 009 release when I get caught up, and will hopefully last until MHA Season 4 comes out.

Last edited:

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
When you search for Anime Hits (1 - 7) on Amazon.com you could find german Anime Song compilations (digital) with alot of Songs from Digimon ( Graizen Graizen ;-)) (german language) and others (One Piece, Dragonball (1. series), Detective Conan...)

I.E.
Anime Hits 1:

Der größte Träumer/The biggest Dreamer

Eine Vision/One Vision

Anime Hits 2:

Leb deinen Traum/Butterfly

Ich werde da sein/Target

Anime Hits 3:

Wenn das Feuer in dir brennt/FIRE

Der Weg führt zu dir/Haruka na Okurimono

Anime Hits 4:

Regenbogen/Primary Colors

Die Hyper Spirit Digitation/The Last Element(Hyper Spirit Evolution)

Anime Hits 5:

Starting Point

Die Sterne finden/Black Intruder

Anime Hits 6:

Gib mir ein Zeichen/Gou-ing! Going! My Soul!!

Glaub daran/Believer

Fragile Heart

Anime Hits 7:

Wir werden siegen/Brave heart

Spiel dein Spiel/Slash!

Sei frei/EVO

Wir drehen auf/Break-Up

Neuer Morgen/My Tomorrow

Vertrau mir/Seven

Jetzt ist es soweit/Beat Hit

Unsere Digiwelt/Our Digital World

Vertrau mir (Akustik Version)/Seven (Akustik Version) (Insert from Adventure Episode with Jyureimon)

Leb deinen Traum (Piano Version)/Butterfly (Piano Version)

Last edited:
Top Bottom