• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm loving Re:Zero, Kabaneri and Boku no Hero Academia this season. Netoge is a nice and fun RomCom. Sakamoto desu ga is straight-up stupid yet hilarious, I love it. Re:Zero is my favourite from the season though, it just keeps getting better and better. Episode 7 was so emotional and intense. I'm really behind in Kiznaiver and Joker Game so I have to catch up with those. Bungou Stray Dogs is pretty good too, 3 episodes behind that. I have yet to start Sailor Moon Crystal S3 but I'm really glad the animation looks so much better now. Flying Witch is also a nice relaxing slice-of-life with a tint of supernatural.
Well I'm only watching Kabaneri of Iron Fortress and My Hero Academia for now.
The recent Kabaneri of Iron Fortress turned out to be a bit out of border... and I'm also pissed after watching it...
My Hero Academia, nuff said, awesome so far.
And my sister said recently many big animes have their important character died this year...not sure if it's the case... I only know Attack on Titan, Seven Deadly Sins, and Fairy Tail have major deaths recently...

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I wouldn't count on Meliodas' death just yet. He is THE main character afterall.
:196:

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
THEY KILLED LEONE

Right now the manga looks very similar to how the Anime ended, like it had a "bible" on key points of the plot and they both were used, like the fact the Chancellor cancelled Leone's Teigu with a hidden one of his own and then shot her. It has some differences like Leone managed to kill him just to fall later in the anime, while the manga version still has the Chancellor alive; but it might give us a rough idea of how will the story unfold later.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
I'm finally at the current chapter of Ippo... that only took like 3 years. .-.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Meanwhile, it took me about 2 weeks to reach chapter 300 of Hunter X Hunter.
It is interesting, though the explanations during the whole Shin York arc and the narration of the battles make it a bit heavier than it should be.

Kaprica

Smash Rookie
Noragami from Funimation was pretty good. I haven't watched the 2nd season yet, but I can only imagine it's probably just as great, maybe better!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've generally stuck with manga that comes out every week (One Piece, Bleach, Toriko, and Fairy Tail), but with Bleach ending soon and Toriko looking to be following suit, I'm thinking about getting into a big series that I missed out on.

I'm debating between the first three parts of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (already read part three, but a re-read wouldn't hurt) or Hunter x Hunter. I'm just wondering which one I should start off with; reasons would be appreciated, since I'm generally unfamiliar with both series outside of bits and pieces.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I actually got Up to date with HxH like a month ago. It's a very entertaining read, though better be ready to get saturated with info on auctions and valuating items. Not like it lowers the quality the rest of the series in the slightest.

Alos just started reading the first part of JoJo's. I knew it was manly but this is beyond my expectations. I love it. Will definitely be reading more.

ALSO Nisekoi's just about to end too. A series I'll definitely miss.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Anyone else watch This Art Club Has a Problem? I liked last episode's segment with Moeka and the President.

vertime

Smash Apprentice
Only ever watched a single anime; I don't particularly like anime as a whole
But holy **** BESERK IS ****ING EPIC.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So... opinions on the ending of Bleach?
(there is a Bleach thread, but it's been over 3 years since its last reply and I don't want to necro bump it)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Rebellion had kinda of an ok/meh first half but the final half was great.
Homura/10.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Rebellion had kinda of an ok/meh first half but the final half was great.
Homura/10.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the info...

Hmmm, I just got an idea! I should make a tier list for every anime series that I've ever watched! Lol this'll be fun. Movies and OVAs are not included, so no Miyazaki films, Akira, or the infamous Mars of Destruction. Sorry guys:

Top Tier:foxmelee:
I find these series to be near-perfect, and I would re-watch any of them with ease:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2. Code Geass
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Madoka Magica
5. Fullmetal Alchemist 2003

High Tier:jigglypuffmelee:
While I didn't like these anime as much as top tier, they are still strong overall, and there aren't many flaws at all with these anime. I wouldn't be against re-watching them:

6. Death Note
7. Clannad: After Story
8. Soul Eater
9. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Season 1)
10. Higurashi no naku koro ni
11. Hellsing
12. Hetalia: Axis Powers
13. Attack on Titan
14. Sword Art Online: Mother's Rosario
15. No Game; No Life
16. Death Parade

Middle Tier:mariomelee:
These anime aren't bad, perse. However, I didn't really like them a lot either. Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of positives to find within these anime. However, I didn't enjoy them nearly as much as the top 16. I either have mixed feelings about them, or I only half-enjoyed them. This will probably be the most controversial tier:lol::

17. Mirai Nikki
18. Hellsing Ultimate
19. Naruto
20. Lucky Star
21. Detective Conan
22. Angel Beats
23. Clannad (Vanilla)
24. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (As a whole)
25. Another
26. Fruits Basket
27. Claymore
28. Akame Ga Kill

Low Tier:roymelee:
I honestly didn't like these anime. There are still definitely positives here, but they didn't suit my personal tastes. Sorry guys :ohwell::

29. WataMote
30. Neon Genesis Evangelion
31. Dragon Ball Z
32. Bleach
33. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Season 2)
34. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (This would be in bottom tier, but I'm including the Japanese-only season 4).
35. Sword Art Online
36. Sword Art Online: Bullet of Bullets
37. Yu-Gi-Oh! (Aged horribly, but bonus points for the Abridged series). :chuckle:

Bottom Tier:pichumelee:
Now while I don't like the anime from 29-37, I still found a few positives in all of those series to help my opinions of them. However, I hate all of the anime in Bottom tier as a whole. I quit watching all of these series quickly, or I suffered through the pain because of the "so bad, it's good" principle:

38. High School of the Dead
39. Sword Art Online: Fairy Dance
40. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
41. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
42. School Days

*Notice: I have seen some episodes of both Pokemon and One Piece. However, I still don't have a solid opinion on either of them. So, I will iron them out at a later date and time.

I'm risking causing controversy so we can make this thread a little more exciting. :lol:

Edit:
ぱみゅ
So I scrolled up, and you asked opinions on the Bleach ending that occured in the manga. I have an opinion: I expected disappointment, and sure enough: I was correct. There needed to be a couple more chapters, because the ending was rushed. Kubo needed to drag out the ending a little more, but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Edit:
ぱみゅ
So I scrolled up, and you asked opinions on the Bleach ending that occured in the manga. I have an opinion: I expected disappointment, and sure enough: I was correct. There needed to be a couple more chapters, because the ending was rushed. Kubo needed to drag out the ending a little more, but unfortunately that didn't happen.

I feel like it was dragged out enough as is. It felt like the last year of the series (maybe even the last year and a half) consisted of fights against four or five Quincies whose powers consisted of slight variations on "I'm completely invulnerable to everything".

I was surprisingly neutral toward Bleach's ending; it happened, and it was an ending, but I didn't feel any sort of satisfaction or annoyance with how things turned out, unlike series like Naruto, Eyeshield 21, or Katekyo Hitman Reborn. I think part of that might have been because of Ichigo - he never really had a long-term goal or (from what I can recall) much personality, so I could never really connect with him as a reader.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I feel like it was dragged out enough as is. It felt like the last year of the series (maybe even the last year and a half) consisted of fights against four or five Quincies whose powers consisted of slight variations on "I'm completely invulnerable to everything".

I was surprisingly neutral toward Bleach's ending; it happened, and it was an ending, but I didn't feel any sort of satisfaction or annoyance with how things turned out, unlike series like Naruto, Eyeshield 21, or Katekyo Hitman Reborn. I think part of that might have been because of Ichigo - he never really had a long-term goal or (from what I can recall) much personality, so I could never really connect with him as a reader.
I couldn't really connect with Ichigo, either. That's a really good point you have. Concerning Bleach, I used to like the series, but now....it unfortunately pales in comparison to many other anime or manga.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I couldn't really connect with Ichigo, either. That's a really good point you have. Concerning Bleach, I used to like the series, but now....it unfortunately pales in comparison to many other anime or manga.
I liked it back in Soul Society (Kenpachi was my favourite), but as it got to the Arrancar arc and beyond, I began to notice that the Soul Society arc had a lot of the same flaws that later arcs had (introducing way too many characters at once, the villains giving absurdly long smug monologues, villains being ridiculously over-powered and heroes only being able to win by pulling power-ups out of nowhere), just handled better.

I see that you haven't seen much of One Piece - I'd strongly recommend it. Admittedly, I generally read manga, so I don't know how the anime is, but the series is fantastic (I've been reading it weekly for about ten years now).

The art style can be a bit off-putting for some, but the characters are well-developed (and focus is spread pretty evenly, so you don't have two or three characters doing everything while a bunch of popular supporting characters sit off on the sidelines), the world is built up extremely well, and the story-telling is amazing. (short arcs from early on come into play much further down the line, and it feels completely natural)

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I liked it back in Soul Society (Kenpachi was my favourite), but as it got to the Arrancar arc and beyond, I began to notice that the Soul Society arc had a lot of the same flaws that later arcs had (introducing way too many characters at once, the villains giving absurdly long smug monologues, villains being ridiculously over-powered and heroes only being able to win by pulling power-ups out of nowhere), just handled better.

I see that you haven't seen much of One Piece - I'd strongly recommend it. Admittedly, I generally read manga, so I don't know how the anime is, but the series is fantastic (I've been reading it weekly for about ten years now).

The art style can be a bit off-putting for some, but the characters are well-developed (and focus is spread pretty evenly, so you don't have two or three characters doing everything while a bunch of popular supporting characters sit off on the sidelines), the world is built up extremely well, and the story-telling is amazing. (short arcs from early on come into play much further down the line, and it feels completely natural)
I heard that One Piece is the strongest of the big 3. The episode list is daunting, but from what I've seen...the character cast is surprisingly solid :)
The cast of characters is the most important part of any anime series, since they are supposed to drive the story forward. So, from what I've seen, One Piece is definitely doing something right. However, with that huge episode list...idk. I'll do my best. I'll probably keep watching short anime and get as many anime as possible under my belt. So, Steins;Gate and Blue Exorcist are probably next. 12 episode anime are also on the short list right now.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I heard that One Piece is the strongest of the big 3. The episode list is daunting, but from what I've seen...the character cast is surprisingly solid :)
The cast of characters is the most important part of any anime series, since they are supposed to drive the story forward. So, from what I've seen, One Piece is definitely doing something right. However, with that huge episode list...idk. I'll do my best. I'll probably keep watching short anime and get as many anime as possible under my belt. So, Steins;Gate and Blue Exorcist are probably next. 12 episode anime are also on the short list right now.
Yeah, the length of the series can be daunting; just take it a few episodes at a time. I think that around the Thriller Bark arc, the anime starts catching up to the original manga, so they start adding a lot more padding to stretch out entire chapters into episodes (usually, it's about 2-3 chapters per episode), so you can switch to the manga if you want to get through it at a quicker pace. (I find manga's usually easier to get through, since you can get through individual chapters really quickly, but if you prefer anime, then stick with that)

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yeah, the length of the series can be daunting; just take it a few episodes at a time. I think that around the Thriller Bark arc, the anime starts catching up to the original manga, so they start adding a lot more padding to stretch out entire chapters into episodes (usually, it's about 2-3 chapters per episode), so you can switch to the manga if you want to get through it at a quicker pace. (I find manga's usually easier to get through, since you can get through individual chapters really quickly, but if you prefer anime, then stick with that)
Thanks for the advice.
What's you fav anime of all time?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I actually saw part of it...and concerning the few seconds I was willing to watch, I'm less enthusiastic about watching the follow-up movie "Rebellion" now...I'm honestly thinking just stopping with the main series will help me avoid disappointment.
I don't come here much, but seeing your post I'd definitely recommend watching Rebellion. I'm a huge fan.

A lot of movies tend to mess up when made as a sequel to a series, but I felt Rebellion was a perfect follow up to the anime, and led to some interesting developments based on all the events of the anime.

It starts out a bit slow, but as all the puzzle pieces come together, it ends in a fantastic conclusion. Although I won't deny the fact that there are people who didn't love it as much as I did, and preferred the anime ending.

So yes, my recommendation to not skip the movie :D

There are other spin-off mangas as well, but I have mainly read the one which focuses on Mami and Kyoko, with events flowing separately from the anime. It was also good in giving some more backstory to these characters.

The others are slightly different in nature with some characters who never appear in the anime.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thanks for the advice.
What's you fav anime of all time?
Hard to say, since I don't watch a particularly wide variety of anime. Dragon Ball's the first one that I got into, so it's always going to hold a special place in my heart (the recent movies were fantastic), while One Piece has probably been my favourite manga pretty consistently over the course of at least ten years now.

However, I generally stick to long-running shonen series, so I haven't seen many of the 12-26 episode series and there's probably a lot that I'm missing out on.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
I do follow FT/OP/Toriko tho the first 2 are mostly due to the world/adventure around it.
I find the Overall Quality to be somewhat lacking.
Toriko is ok.
Bleach/Naruto got kinda meh and I even stopped Bleach entirely. I only know about the ending from a friend.
Watched other longer shounen too years ago but nothing rly stuck.

Personally I would stay away from the OP/Naruto Anime due to fillers.
Tho there's prolly a list somewhere telling you which is Canon and what is not if you wanna skip em.

I do enjoy HxH/Ippo a lot + other random stuff.

The series I do miss tho is Stealth Symphony.
Ending was way to sudden. .c
It's basically FT with a lot more elements and less bs development/fanservice.
Kitten-Deathlazor-Satellite.~

Barely watch Anime anymore but I read tons of random manga/webtoons since I like the spacing way more.
And it's quicker to find something interesting to stick with.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
It's been about 3,000 years since I last posted. I've only been keeping up with Ao No Exorcist and Attack On Titan. I need to catch up on saraph of the end, Magi, Tokyo Ghoul, and such.

AoT's most recent chapter actually put the final nail in the coffin for me. I won't be reading any more.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Dang this thread is ****in dead.

I've been watching HxH; I'm about 100 episodes in. It's a pretty good show, but slow at times. I like how it isn't your typical shonen and plays with your expectations. It's also surprisingly dark.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Over the course of the next few days, select theaters in North America are going to be showing One Piece: Film Gold. I've already got my tickets pre-ordered - I've had a few bad experiences with getting tickets for limited-time events, and I'm really excited to see a One Piece movie on the big screen and meet people who share that interest.

Is anybody else going to this?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I am not sure if I should be proud, but I got up-to-date with Berserk.
Now onto finish JoJo's.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Anyone watching Cyborg 009: Call of Justice on Netflix? I'm a big Cyborg 009 fan and want to see what others think about it before watching it. I'm currently watching the very controversial F-Zero: Legend of Falcon. (At least we'll always have an awesome Samurai Goroh from the show.)

Top Bottom