• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Who called the Hammerburst broken?
Nobody.
I repeat: You must be trying to disagree with my posts.
If the Hammerburst isn't broken, then it really doesn't need to be nerfed. Also, saying that I'm trying to disagree with your post is a terrible counter-argument.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
If we nerfed every assault rifle, we couldn't leave the Hammerburst exactly the same.
Go look back at my post. All I said was that it needed a TINY BIT MORE KICK. Nobody said it was broken.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Xanthan doesn't understand what you're saying. You just happen to be wrong on what would balance the game.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
No, you don't understand, if a gun in a game is overpowered, you can't nerf solely it and expect everything else to not start being overpowered. That is part of weapon balance.
If Epic gave the Lancer a decent amount of kick, the hammerburst would need a tiny kick boost.

You're all terrible at theorycrafting.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Xanthan doesn't understand what you're saying. You just happen to be wrong on what would balance the game.
Eh, I understand what he's saying, he wants to balance the AR's but considering the Hammerburst has a small clip as it is, it really isn't a good idea to give it more kick.

@ Wretched, you mad, bro?

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Silverback is available on rustlung after I believe 5 minutes? LOLOL
That's so ****ing stupid.

Why is it that so many maps have some goddam gimmick?

The only good map in this game is old town, and then you have Slightly Above Average Dock , Average-Lock, and Average-tel.

Then you have Mediocre Trenches
Then you have Mediocre Checkout

THEN

You have BADpass, BADball, and BADcy.

I think I got all the maps.

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
That's so ****ing stupid.

Why is it that so many maps have some goddam gimmick?

The only good map in this game is old town, and then you have Slightly Above Average Dock , Average-Lock, and Average-tel.

Then you have Mediocre Trenches
Then you have Mediocre Checkout

THEN

You have BADpass, BADball, and BADcy.

I think I got all the maps.
Pretty sure you forgot sandbar ;)

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Check out, hotel, mercy, drydock and old town are beautiful, idk what you're talking about. Gridlock is okay, just like it's always been. and trenches isn't bad either, it just needs some weapon swaps.

I really don't understand how you can put checkout and trenches in the same category.

S-tier Checkout

A-tier Hotel, Mercy, Oldtown, Drydock

B-tier Gridlock, Trenches, Tball (tball is bad on TDM, much better on exe)

poop-tier Sandbar, Overpass

IMO HEHEHHE.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The funniest part about Checkout is that is has a secret Boomshot on the Alpha playlist.

Got myself a ton of free kills picking that weapon up.

:phone:

ThreeX

Smash Lord
lol @ secret boom.. i didn't even bother checking that out. No pun intended >_>

Off topic: For any google chrome users: Type in "do a barrel roll"

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Did you not read my huge post as to why? >.>
Actually I did read your post. And I agree to an extent, I like that Gears is a team game, but its so focused on teamwork to the point that its impossible to enjoy playing alone. Well for the multiplayer anyway, i enjoy beast mode with randoms but that's different.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
The alpha playlist is bad IMO, don't like execution rules and no default SOs. >.>
I wanna say alpha is epics shot at creating an mlg/competitive playlist. Some of these settings are very similar to mlg/gb sets (4 round exe, weapon spawns after use, 4v4, lancer/gnasher load out) and the 3 gametypes used in alpha are the same gametypes being used for gb. Not to mention the description for alpha. "Custom rules and weapon swaps designed for elite competition."

:3

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I wanna say alpha is epics shot at creating an mlg/competitive playlist. Some of these settings are very similar to mlg/gb sets (4 round exe, weapon spawns after use, 4v4, lancer/gnasher load out) and the 3 gametypes used in alpha are the same gametypes being used for gb. Not to mention the description for alpha. "Custom rules and weapon swaps designed for elite competition."

:3
Too bad Lancer isn't good for mlg, lolol.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
You said the alpha playlist is based off of mlg, but the lancer is pretty much broken so its not really good for mlg.
lancer/gnasher are the current settings for all the tournaments/competitive matches, I highly doubt they'll be changed. HB got switched out for lancer after the first gow2 event because of too many stalemates. Who knows, that could happen again. Hypefestation ran really well, so I think lancer will do just fine

So I finally decided to do 1-50 waves of horde the other night with my friends... I must say, azura is pretty nice :3

super reload is also broken as ****.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
The Alpha Playlist is great. I can move and get **** done without having to think "Where are the SO users hiding," every 5 seconds. Lancer still broken though.

Unfortunately I'm depressed because after playing so well on my non-laggy TV at home, I can't stand playing on my laggy dorm TV.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Ouch, my friend with the 7.1 K/D got banned from Xbox for beating too many clans. This is the 3rd time it's happened to him, twice in Gears 1 for beating too much people in Ranked and now once in Gears 3.

So for a heads up if 5 or 6 of you report you they'll ban you seeing as though Xbox never checks up on why they're banning people.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Ouch, my friend with the 7.1 K/D got banned from Xbox for beating too many clans. This is the 3rd time it's happened to him, twice in Gears 1 for beating too much people in Ranked and now once in Gears 3.

So for a heads up if 5 or 6 of you report you they'll ban you seeing as though Xbox never checks up on why they're banning people.
They do make mistakes. (Like for me, my console got banned for 2 weeks 2 months ago but they reversed it when they realized they made a mistake.)

Tell your friend to post here (or PM a moderator there):

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx

That accurately describes why I was banned three times on GoW2.
...right

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

You can get banned just for doing good? That's so dumb.

F8AL played for like, 1 round, and then I think his internet died or something.

Anyone up for some Gears??? D:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You can get banned just for doing good? That's so dumb.
It just depends on whether or not you beat clans. Xbox don't check up every complaint, instead they just ban the ones that have a few complaints of the exact same thing.

It's why you never join a party of people you've recently beat, they're trying to invite you into a party with all their friends so the people who are unable to complain you (because they never played against you) can complain you too.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
It just depends on whether or not you beat clans. Xbox don't check up every complaint, instead they just ban the ones that have a few complaints of the exact same thing.

It's why you never join a party of people you've recently beat, they're trying to invite you into a party with all their friends so the people who are unable to complain you (because they never played against you) can complain you too.

I guess its a good thing I don't play ranked match then. Then again I'm not good enough to beat a ton of clans. Still though, that's pretty unprofessional of microsoft to ban you because a few people file complaints, you can easily file a complaint against someone just because you don't like that person, doesn't mean they actually did something against the code of conduct.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No, it's perfectly fine. Though sometimes it is kinda annoying when running from someone charging with the Retro lancer and they somehow get you still despite being nowhere near you.

Top Bottom