• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So putting DLC on the disk already is acceptable because other companies are doing it too?

Yeah, because people don't ****ing hate it when others do that as well. And it doesn't matter if the game already had a lot of content for 60$. The fact of the matter is that it's on the disk. If you didn't want to put anymore content in there, then you shouldn't have put it in the disc to begin with. It doesn't matter if it was a lot of content, you put it on the disc and as such it's mine to begin with, not yours, and sure as hell not for you to charge me extra money later to unlock. If you didn't want more content, then don't put it in there to begin with, it's that ****ing simple

Is Cliff mentally ******** or something? I want to see some test results, because there's no way anyone's IQ can be that low, not even mine

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Wait, this stuff was already on the disc? What? The only thing I know is that eventually people that haven't even bought the DLC will be able to play it and that is annoying.

Also, WRT the retro. I just feel like it downs and kills people way too easily and you can't run away from it... like, ever. And the same with what you said about charging. It's odd.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So putting DLC on the disk already is acceptable because other companies are doing it too?

Yeah, because people don't ****ing hate it when others do that as well. And it doesn't matter if the game already had a lot of content for 60$. The fact of the matter is that it's on the disk. If you didn't want to put anymore content in there, then you shouldn't have put it in the disc to begin with. It doesn't matter if it was a lot of content, you put it on the disc and as such it's mine to begin with, not yours, and sure as hell not for you to charge me extra money later to unlock. If you didn't want more content, then don't put it in there to begin with, it's that ****ing simple

Is Cliff mentally ******** or something? I want to see some test results, because there's no way anyone's IQ can be that low, not even mine
Good post Fuelbi, totally agree with you on all points.

Wait, this stuff was already on the disc? What? The only thing I know is that eventually people that haven't even bought the DLC will be able to play it and that is annoying.

Also, WRT the retro. I just feel like it downs and kills people way too easily and you can't run away from it... like, ever. And the same with what you said about charging. It's odd.
Yes, the horde command pack is like 1.45 MB meaning it's an unlock code when you buy it off the XBLM.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm slow, but just noticed this.
Okay a bit over exaggerated with the KD part. But for instead it was both beating random clans and players on Guardian. Damn gamemode is kinda annoying to keep a 1.9 K/D and never helps when instead of camping I actually run out there to kill people which results in rep going low and getting banned.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
My friend and I might make a Dualtage for this game. By might i mean its up to him if he still wants to edit it all when we get the clips.

I stopped recording for this game for like 2 weeks cause i was too lazy to hook everything up, so now i regret that, lol.

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hey, that content on the disc is 100% your's. That code that unlocks it and any further data is not on the disc is Epic's, so you can try and hack your XBox to read the content or suck it up and pay for DLC. I really don't give a **** as all it does is save me download time as they weren't going to include it either way.

Mike2

Smash Ace
What kind of monitor do I need to get to have no input lag playing this game? And does a wired controller make a difference in this? I play with a wireless right now.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
What kind of monitor do I need to get to have no input lag playing this game? And does a wired controller make a difference in this? I play with a wireless right now.
Playing anything wireless with have a slight button delay but it's less than a second so you won't generally notice any difference.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I use this. Some people call it the "evo lagless monitor" I think it's absolutely amazing<3 It has built in speakers, they're not amazing though.

Some people also suggest this alienware monitor. This one doesn't have built in speakers, so you'll have to buy some. I highly recommend both of these if you want a "lagless" LCD monitor.

I don't think it's possible to get a completely lagless HD monitor/tv, there's always some type of input lag.

Here is a thread all about tv/monitor input lag

I was always told that when buying TVs for gaming, to always check on the response time it has.

2ms is always desirable, but IIRC I have a 5ms response time and I get no lag (on Brawl at least, never tried playing Xbox on it).

Also, component cables or higher.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
According to this thread "response time has nothing to do with lag" I'm not really interested in tvs/monitors that much, I just wanted a "lagless" one. I know that with the asus vh236h it says the reponse time is 2ms, but on the index here it says the input lag on the vh236h is 8.3ms.

Whatever, back to watching the xmen cartoon from the 90s. <3

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Just carried a bunch of randoms on Old Town. I went 18-2 and won us both rounds, no one else in my team had a plus K/D as their overall K/D in TDM, decided to take a photo I was so chuffed but can't find my cable to connect it to my phone.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I've figured something out from playing a bunch today-

My K/D is 5.0+ when the other team uses every weapon but the retro, but when one decent player uses the retro my K/D is like 1~
The retro is just as good as the lancer for certain maps IMO. It is amazing on hotel.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I've figured something out from playing a bunch today-

My K/D is 5.0+ when the other team uses every weapon but the retro, but when one decent player uses the retro my K/D is like 1~
The retro is just as good as the lancer for certain maps IMO. It is amazing on hotel.
Play alpha :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Too bad Alpha sucks **** with execution rules

^
This.

I actually prefer Execution rules because it decreases the effectiveness of the Lancer a bit.
The only time I like to get up close and person to my opponents is with my SO, I'd rather sit from far away and lancer people to death. :awesome:

why does overpass exist :(
Because every game needs at least ONE bad MP map.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
There's 2 other gametypes in alpha, get a team to get 4 votes in. Or just be a ***** and play QM :D

Oh btw, pretty sure that whole "sawed off has the same gib range as gnasher" nerf is complete bull****. They definitely nerfed the cone of bullets it shoots when blindfired though; the width is cut shorter. I went into a private again last night with a friend to test out some ranges, and of course there was a range where gnasher would just full red me/him while the sawed off gibbed.

@ the nerf having to be on dedicated servers. That's not true because the hammerburst buff is available in private matches, along with all these weapon swaps they've done.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
SawedOff nerf was not nerfy enough.

My friends and i did some more testing on it the day of the "nerf" and in the video you can hear me laughing my *** off saying "this gun is so broken"

Moral of the story is we knew right away it wasnt enough

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Oh btw, pretty sure that whole "sawed off has the same gib range as gnasher" nerf is complete bull****. They definitely nerfed the cone of bullets it shoots when blindfired though; the width is cut shorter. I went into a private again last night with a friend to test out some ranges, and of course there was a range where gnasher would just full red me/him while the sawed off gibbed.
Epic never said it had the same gib range, they just said it has been reduced, it was the fans that jumped to the conclusion that it was the same as the Gnasher.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Epic did say that the gib range was "no longer bigger than the gnashers" which means it's either the same or less, but both seem like bs to me.

I don't think the SO needs another nerf. Especially since the Alpha playlist is here, I don't need to concern myself with that gun.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Epic never said it had the same gib range, they just said it has been reduced, it was the fans that jumped to the conclusion that it was the same as the Gnasher.
http://epicgames.com/community/2011/10/gears-of-war-3-weapon-stats-sawed-off-range-and-more/

Epic did say that the gib range was "no longer bigger than the gnashers" which means it's either the same or less, but both seem like bs to me.

I don't think the SO needs another nerf. Especially since the Alpha playlist is here, I don't need to concern myself with that gun.
Yeah I agree, I'm just calling epic out on some BS :\

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Oh.

Well that gun is already useless as it is, yet people still complain about it. Just play Alpha if it's bothering you.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
"After hearing your feedback, we have reduced the gib range of the Sawed Off Shotgun in Gears of War 3 and it no longer gibs farther than the gnasher, effective today."

So they lied again.
Why is it that game producers use ****ty tactics, like lowering the skill curve, to make games more accessible?
Here is an idea:
Why don't you just make a good game? Then you won't have to get people to buy the game just because they know they can play the game and do well without actually making an effort to try to be good.

Top Bottom