• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Wretched, your view on the SO is skewed because you don't use it, if you used it a couple of times it's weaknesses would be incredibly jarring and you'd then know how to counter SO users better.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I've used it a few times and when I did, I camped and never missed.
A person with GoW2 experience and the ability to wallbounce and approach people without having to worry about aiming was ridiculous, but I didn't HAVE TO approach. I just sat around corners and waited against good players and still ***** them.
If it didn't have so much ****ING radius it wouldn't be an issue at all, but I strafe SO FAR out of the way and it doesn't matter.

Sawed off has to be 50% of my deaths just because I am forced to approach when people sit around corners. The worst thing is that now when they sit behind corners, they have the ultimate defensive weapon.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Gears of War 3 getting Title Update 2 tonight with spectator mode, easier medals and mutators

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/15/gears-of-war-3-getting-title-update-2-tonight-with-spectator-mod/

http://epicgames.com/community/category/gears-of-war/

Improvements

- A spectator mode option has been added to private versus matches for broadcasting by gaming leagues.
- One player on each team will be able to choose spectator mode during match set up.
- The matches will be 4v4 with two spectators
- The Leader and Vengeful medals are now easier to acquire.
- The mutators Roadie Comet and Regen Enemies are now easier to acquire.
- Added an option to disable the HUD during multiplayer games for machinima and video creators
- Added a visual indicator of the next ring’s location during the last 10 ring points in KOTH.

Exploit Fixes

- The Onyx Field Engineer medal can no longer be prestiged.
- In Capture the Leader, the overhead Beams on DryDock are no longer accessible.
- While affected by the Smoke Grenade stun, players will no longer be able to take hostages, pick up weapons or revive teammates.

General Fixes

- If there is a host migration during Horde, the match will resume at the same wave.
- Also during Horde, the Combat Engineer ribbon can now be achieved once per wave instead of once per game.
- The Ranked Disconnect stat will no longer increase when quitting a standard Horde or Beast game.
- The cringe from the Mortar will no longer cause players to drop their primary weapon.
- The Hail Mary ribbon is now correctly awarded for long distance Boomshot headshots.
- Maps will no longer be immediately repeated when choosing random map selection.
- If the host pauses during a private versus match the game will continue for other players.
- The game will still pause in the Campaign, Beast and Horde.
- Potential fix for the rare lost progress issue.
- Potential fix for the rare profile freezing issue.
- Beast leaderboard screen no longer refreshes while sending challenges

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Nothing but P2P games today. But I did get the highest ammount of kills I've ever gotten KotH today. 63 in 3 rounds.

Gonna get back into playing Gears again, now that my finals are done. For the most part, TU2 sounds very promising.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Yes, strangely enough, even though GoW 3 is eons better than GoW 2, I still have more fun memories with GoW 2. One time I played for 14 hours straight. I've yet to play for more than 3 hours with this game yet.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Nothing but P2P games today. But I did get the highest ammount of kills I've ever gotten KotH today. 63 in 3 rounds.
That's hilarious. Good ****.

I'm gonna be soooooooo rusty when I get my XBox back after Thanksgiving. I'll finally be able to buy a replacement AV cable.

My fondest Gears memories was abusing all of the absurd glitches in Gears 2. Forcing host (on my bad connection), standbying, turning invisible, shotgun + boomshield, lagging out the other team, spawning everyone without weapons, etc.

I think the best glitch out of all of them was the invisible glitch just cause being a ghost to everyone was such a satisfying experience.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You forgot being able to go through a wall and roam almost anywhere while killing people still behind said walls.
I always enjoyed encountering these kind of people on stages like Bloodrive or Jacinto.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I have a brawl tournament saturday I maybe leaving for on friday. Sunday or monday I'd like to do this, haven't played campaign or anything else (Outside of Versus online) since I got the game on the first day and completed Normal in 9 hours of straight playing.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
All I play is TDM and whatever the host of the party feels like playing. What're the new maps anyways? Haven't been able to download the Update yet.
Aaaaand, My Gears 2 skills is still adjusted to Guardian mechanics, so i'm one to rush in hopefully get 2-7 kills in one life and still be reckless even if they have spawn protection. So I can't get in the mood of camping like we should in execution.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just went 25-0 in TDM on Clocktower. Needless to say, I was kicking absolute ***. I think it's safe to say I'm finally as good at this game as I was at Gears 2 at one point.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Raam's dlc should be pretty good. But you should only get the season pass if you really want all the dlc coming out. Remember what Epic did with the Horde Command Pack?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Looking to play, got my XBox back yesterday. I will rust john and I will new map john, but I do need someone to show me where the **** I go on Azura.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Man, the 2v2 format makes me remember just how much I love the ****ing Sniper Rifle.

So, seriously, new maps.

Azura, hold digger.
Bullet Marsh, you've gotta exert pressure on the Boom, but you need to hold center. Helps a LOT to keep track of when Boom is gonna spawn.
Blood Drive is Blood Drive. Get that power weapon and watch for them to hole up on their stairs.
I don't know what the **** you're supposed to do on Rustlung. Frags is the key point?
I'm forgetting something here, someone remind me.

Top Bottom