• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
But on that area the only place they can camp is the first exit. The spawn protection runs out as soon as you reach that, meaning for the entire run up they could've unleased 1000 bullets into you but all it would've done is give away their position, scoring you an easy kill when you reached them. Unless they wanted to stand around and be killed, which I'm assuming is what happened seeing as though some of them spawned behind you, means that not only did you manage to clear a path to escape, you missed the loud spawn switch warning and decided to blame the game for your failures.

Mike2

Smash Ace
I love this game. But I don't want to get good/competitive. I just want to chainsaw people from behind on King of the Hill. I love that weapon so much.
Yup. That's pretty much all I have to say.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I've just glanced over this entire argument, but it seems like Pluvia is pretty wrong and is placing too much burden in the players to overcome the game's spawn design. I'm not interested in joining this argument because I don't play TDM because it's a bad gametype.

:phone:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
But on that area the only place they can camp is the first exit. The spawn protection runs out as soon as you reach that, meaning for the entire run up they could've unleased 1000 bullets into you but all it would've done is give away their position, scoring you an easy kill when you reached them. Unless they wanted to stand around and be killed, which I'm assuming is what happened seeing as though some of them spawned behind you, means that not only did you manage to clear a path to escape, you missed the loud spawn switch warning and decided to blame the game for your failures.
What the hell spawn switch announcement are you talking about? It's TDM were talking about here. And what are you talking about one exit? In the sea spawn of Old Town there's two exits, the one with the tunnels and the one that leads to Digger. Also, seeing as it was a 5 vs. 2 scenario, perhaps the first thing that you DONT want to do us get separated from the only other person alive at the moment. Also, if you DO run at a straight line to get away from the people at your spawn, you aren't accounting the weapons they're carrying at the moment and where exactly everyone is. If I run out of the rightmost exit to get away, and theres someone camping that area, perhaps he has a Digger with him? If he doesn't have a digger it's also completely possible that he can simply gun you down with his Lancer as you're running away when your spawn shield goes away. He can also have a sniper with him and he can shoot me from a distance when I'm runnin away.

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about an infinite spawn shield that runs out when you reach a certain point because as I said the spawn shield has a set timer that run out in 5-10 seconds.

You seriously need to brush up on the game's mechanics and strategy if you're going to blame the player for what the developer did wrong with the game. There is absolutely no reason why the game should spawn players behind you to begin with when you were defending the area for about a minute to begin with and that there's a completely enemy less area in the uppermost area of the map. Perhaps we stayed in there because that was simply the most convenient area for me to stay since any other area would've meant death

And FYI we were beating the enemy team that day and we only lost because the game thought it was smart to spawn enemies directly behind us. And btw, we also saw them coming, and we WERE gonna shoot them, but oh wait, the spawn shield was there so I couldn't have killed them all. If the game had decent spawns to begin with, MAYBE, and I'm just spitballing here, but MAYBE the game shouldn't need a spawn shield that not only screws players like me when **** like that happens, but also shows off the extreme laziness that shows when he developers had when spent developing the game. At the very least the spawns in Gears 2 were eons better than Gears 3, and get this, it didn't need spawn shields for it to work. Alien idea right Pluvia? Oh wait, it's a bad idea because developers need to be lazy and it's completely my fault enemies spawne directly behind us, silly me. I need to get better at the game obv.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
My god fuel.

There's a loud spawn switch announcement IN TDM.

Just one more time, there's a loud spawn shield announcement IN TDM.

2nd, THERE'S A LONGER SPAWN SHIELD IN GEARS 2.

3rd, I never said there's an infinite spawn shield, I said the spawn shield always last until you have more than 1 way to escape.

4th, the spawns switch if the enemy forces themselves into the other spawn, but if you hung around for the 14 second spawn timer to count down even though you cleared a path to escape then you deserve to die. Don't camp in the place where immortal enemies spawn.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
My god fuel.

There's a loud spawn switch announcement IN TDM.
Oh, you mean the spawn switch announcement we didn't hear?

Just one more time, there's a loud spawn shield announcement IN TDM.
Yeah, the spawn switch announcement that didn't go off

2nd, THERE'S A LONGER SPAWN SHIELD IN GEARS 2.
Hmmm, maybe if I yelled stuff too maybe you'll listen. IN GEARS 2 THE SPAWNS WERE ALREADY DECENT AND BARELY ANYONE NOTICED THE SPAWN SHIELD. IN GEARS 2 I NEVER DIED DIRECTLY AFTER SPAWNING BECAUSE SOME ******* WAS SPAWN CAMPING THE AREA AND I COULD SAFELY MOVE OUT OF SPAWN WITHOUT FEAR

3rd, I never said there's an infinite spawn shield, I said the spawn shield always last until you have more than 1 way to escape.
EXCEPT THAT TOO BAD IN OLD TOWN THE SPAWN SHIELD RUNS OUT UNTIL YOU'RE IN THE OPEN NOT GIVING YOU ANY TIME TO GET TO COVER FIRST. IN OLD TOWN IF I MOVED OUT THE RIGHT EXIT I WOULD'VE RUN OUT OF SHIELD AS I WAS MOVING UP THE ALLY FOR DIGGER LAUNCHER AND SOMEONE WITH A LONGER RANGED WEAPON WOULD'VE KILLED ME. IF I MOVED OUT THE LEFT EXIT I WOULD'VE BEEN GUNNED DOWN BY SOMEONE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TUNNEL OR GUNNED DOWN BY EITHER SOMEONE CAMPING THE BELL TOWER WITH A LONGSHOT BECAUSE OF HOW LITTLE THE SPAWN SHIELD LASTS

4th, the spawns switch if the enemy forces themselves into the other spawn, but if you hung around for the 14 second spawn timer to count down even though you cleared a path to escape then you deserve to die. Don't camp in the place where immortal enemies spawn.

YEAH BECAUSE THERE WAS TOTALLY A PATH CLEARED TO ESCAPE. WHY THE HELL WOULD WE EVEN STICK AROUND SPAWN IF THERE WASN'T ENEMIES CAMPING UP THE PLACE. AND AGAIN, WE WERE ACTUALLY WINNING, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THERE WERE OTHER ENEMIES AROUND THE SPAWN STILL. WE WERE IN THE PROCESS OF CLEARING THEM ALL OUT UNTIL THE ****ING SPAWNS SWITCHED AND WE DIED BECAUSE SOME PUNKS WITH A SPAWN SHIELD KILLED US. WE WOULD'VE EVEN GOTTEN THEM IF IT WASN'T FOR THE SPAWN SHIELD BECAUSE I SHOT THEM AT GIBBING RANGE

SO HOW ABOUT YOU LEARN THE GAME BEFORE YOU GO SAYING IT'S THE PLAYER'S FAULT FOR WHAT THE DEVELOPERS DID. NEXT YOU'RE GOING TO SAY THAT THE SPAWNS IN MW3 AND THAT LAG COMPENSATION WAS A OK. IT'S NOT MY FAULT I DIED THE WAY I DID THAT WAY, IT WAS EPIC'S FAULT FOR BEING ****ING STUPID IN THE FIRST PLACE

yeah yelling should work nice

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You know just ignoring everything that has been said, the only way you can get spawn trapped is if a team systematically tries to spawn trap you, which never happened to me. The only other time you can really be spawn trapped is on bad maps like overpass, but that is the maps fault. There are no places to spawn that won't put you in a bad position or that wouldn't give you too much of an advantage.
TBH I feel like there is no issue with the spawns and that Fuelbi just wants something to complain about. Unless this game has been tremendously overhauled by players and turned into a spawncampfest, there is no issue.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah you're just talking nonsense. You said you never heard the spawn switch announcement, and then you're trying to blame the game for your mistake.

You say there wasn't a path to escape even though you also said you killed people (also known as creating a path to escape) and I'm assuming you killed more than 1 person, unless you count winning as taking down 1 person between the 2 of you, so you most definately had a path to escape.

You also said you were fighting for about a minute, but hell even if it was only 30 seconds it means you were risking it as they can spawn twice within that time.

So, given the fact that you killed at least 2 people, it means there could have only been 1 person at each exit, so 2 of you against 1 would have worked in your favour. Because you decided to camp in the area where immortal enemies spawn, and because you ignored the spawn switch announcement, it's your fault you died, especially as you had a chance to escape.

Blaming them for trying (and failing) to spawn camp you is fine, but blaming the game because you ignored the spawn switch announcement? That's just nonsense.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You know just ignoring everything that has been said, the only way you can get spawn trapped is if a team systematically tries to spawn trap you, which never happened to me. The only other time you can really be spawn trapped is on bad maps like overpass, but that is the maps fault. There are no places to spawn that won't put you in a bad position or that wouldn't give you too much of an advantage.
TBH I feel like there is no issue with the spawns and that Fuelbi just wants something to complain about. Unless this game has been tremendously overhauled by players and turned into a spawncampfest, there is no issue.
All I read was "I didn't read any of the previous discussion but I'm still going to voice my opinion on this matter anyways."

Yeah you're just talking nonsense. You said you never heard the spawn switch announcement, and then you're trying to blame the game for your mistake.

You say there wasn't a path to escape even though you also said you killed people (also known as creating a path to escape) and I'm assuming you killed more than 1 person, unless you count winning as taking down 1 person between the 2 of you, so you most definately had a path to escape.

You also said you were fighting for about a minute, but hell even if it was only 30 seconds it means you were risking it as they can spawn twice within that time.

So, given the fact that you killed at least 2 people, it means there could have only been 1 person at each exit, so 2 of you against 1 would have worked in your favour. Because you decided to camp in the area where immortal enemies spawn, and because you ignored the spawn switch announcement, it's your fault you died, especially as you had a chance to escape.

Blaming them for trying (and failing) to spawn camp you is fine, but blaming the game because you ignored the spawn switch announcement? That's just nonsense.

Yeah, it's our fault. I should just naturally assume that enemies will spawn in our spawn when we're there. Yup, sounds bout right.

Fuelbi and I are just really bad at Gears 3. The spawns are perfect. Silly us.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well yeah, if there's 2 spawns in the game and you joined mid-way in you should assume enemies are going to spawn there. It's only your spawn at the start, after that both spawns are flexible. Plus you really should assume the enemies spawned there when the game tells you that they just have.

Camping in that area and ignoring the warning is your fault.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
TDM horrible, but I find it much more appealing than Execution only to get killed by Sawed off, or Wazone and being bombarded by Lancer bullets.
Unlike GoW2 Execution/warzone it was Gnasher luck when 1v1 + Wallbouncing **** and hammerburst, aaaaand till gnasher luck as well...

Yeah, it's our fault. I should just naturally assume that enemies will spawn in our spawn when we're there. Yup, sounds bout right.

Fuelbi and I are just really bad at Gears 3. The spawns are perfect. Silly us.
Yes, you should just naturally assume that the enemies will spawn in your spawn when you're there. There are only two spawns in Old Town, which means there's a 50% chance that they'll land in the spawn you're trying to camp.

It might be lame, cheap, gay, stupid, or idiotic, but that's simply the way the game is balanced. It's nothing new, and it's a well established fact that enemies can spawn right next to you if you're camping a spawn, and vice-versa. Unless people can complain loud enough for Epic to listen, the only thing you can do until then is deal.

It's all about evaluating risks. Sometimes camping the spawn can be the most convenient strategy since it's the only safe ground you have. That's cool and all, but you gotta understand that there's a risk involved with camping at the spawn, and that risk is the one we're discussing now. If you're gonna camp spawns, always keep tabs on who you kill, so you can get an idea of when you should be looking back, and where you can be pushing out. If all else fails, why were you pushed in the spawn in the first place? Control the map better.

It might be a stupid and unnecessary burden, but as long as it's included, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to factor it into your game plan.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Everyone should play KotH because TDM is stupid.

Has anyone else played the meteor mode? If not, make sure you get on tonight because it's pretty funny. When you roadie run your character catches fire and can run through other players. Pretty fun.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yes, you should just naturally assume that the enemies will spawn in your spawn when you're there. There are only two spawns in Old Town, which means there's a 50% chance that they'll land in the spawn you're trying to camp.

It might be lame, cheap, gay, stupid, or idiotic, but that's simply the way the game is balanced. It's nothing new, and it's a well established fact that enemies can spawn right next to you if you're camping a spawn, and vice-versa. Unless people can complain loud enough for Epic to listen, the only thing you can do until then is deal.

It's all about evaluating risks. Sometimes camping the spawn can be the most convenient strategy since it's the only safe ground you have. That's cool and all, but you gotta understand that there's a risk involved with camping at the spawn, and that risk is the one we're discussing now. If you're gonna camp spawns, always keep tabs on who you kill, so you can get an idea of when you should be looking back, and where you can be pushing out. If all else fails, why were you pushed in the spawn in the first place? Control the map better.

It might be a stupid and unnecessary burden, but as long as it's included, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to factor it into your game plan.
I was being sarcastic.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I love how I downed the last guy in execution, and someone blatantly tries to take it by sniping the guy while he's down, luckily the guy missed so I got to do my well-deserved execution. But the fact that the guy tried to take it pisses me off. On a lighter note, I love execution.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I love how I downed the last guy in execution, and someone blatantly tries to take it by sniping the guy while he's down, luckily the guy missed so I got to do my well-deserved execution. But the fact that the guy tried to take it pisses me off. On a lighter note, I love execution.
Same, I can lancer them from far away. :awesome:

Which is exactly why I responded the way I did.
I still stand by my posts. And Fuelbi's.

EDIT:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/21/gears-of-war-3-adds-fenix-rising-map-pack-on-jan-17/

The new add-on, due on January 17, 2012, for 800 MSP ($10), adds five new maps, four character skins and "Re-up," the Gears version of Call of Duty's "Prestige." Here, it allows players to rank through level 100 multiple times for "exclusive emblems and weapon skins."

The Re-up can be done three times to unlock the following weapon skins:

Re-Up Plasma – Animated flowing plasma in gold.
Re-Up Omen – Shiny, red Omen.
Re-Up Electric – Animated, golden electric shocks.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Also there's 4 times xp going on until Christmas, so if anyone wants to rank up, probably best to do that now.

Edit: Also, its really annoying to play horde with randoms, they always quit out before round 10, heck I just got into a match and everyone quit out before round 1 even started, bunch of ****s.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That death is obviously a joke video. But it's pretty funny, good music playing and a plate of bacon.
Might play GoW3 today, lately i've been doing TDM only... and seriously one thing I don't like is randoms and being Last Man Out. Literally, I think I have almost 200 of that one ribbon and I haven't even passed level 50 yet.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Is RAAMs Shadow worth the money? I'm getting this tomorrow since I'm getting some spending money and I wanted to know beforehand if it's any good?

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Is RAAMs Shadow worth the money? I'm getting this tomorrow since I'm getting some spending money and I wanted to know beforehand if it's any good?

Is it any good?Yes.It's pretty entertaining and fun.
Dun really think it's worth 1200 points though.It's a fun addition if you have the pass but otherwise I don't know.Depends on how much you like gears I guess. 1200 for 3 hours (More like 2 hours and maybe 40 minutes). doesnt cut it for most people

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Is it any good?Yes.It's pretty entertaining and fun.
Dun really think it's worth 1200 points though.It's a fun addition if you have the pass but otherwise I don't know.Depends on how much you like gears I guess. 1200 for 3 hours (More like 2 hours and maybe 40 minutes). doesnt cut it for most people
Honestly, I only REALLY want it for the RAAM DLC and the slight curiosity on how RAAM even works in the game to begin with with his Kryll army.

Aside from that, there's nothing really in the games that I either haven't read about already in the novels or really care about tbh. I really could care less about Kim since he was only alive for one mission in Gears 1 and he was a pretty generic character as well.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
They flesh him out more in this one, which I'm glad about, and apart from the story being predictable and Tai and Jace all the other characters are good.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Dunno.

On a different note I've noticed that people seem to be more arsey on this game that most others. 2 matches I joined in near the end, ended up being the last man standinh only to be take out by a cordinated attack, and then they sat and ***** me.

I could understand if I was being an arse to them or maybe if I did great, but I did distinctly average. It didn't anger me though, it just bored me.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Dunno.

On a different note I've noticed that people seem to be more arsey on this game that most others. 2 matches I joined in near the end, ended up being the last man standinh only to be take out by a cordinated attack, and then they sat and ***** me.

I could understand if I was being an arse to them or maybe if I did great, but I did distinctly average. It didn't anger me though, it just bored me.

People can be the same way in Horde mode. I played in one match and I had bought the silverback, I was using it for a while and this kid gets downed so I walk over to him with the silverback and I hop out of it and revive the guy. Then he hops into my silverback. I was pretty annoyed so I kept meleeing the silverback until he gave it back, which he eventually did. About 5 rounds later he gets downed again and I go over to him with the silverback and I hop out and revive him. This time I knew he would try and take it again so I managed to beat him to it so I managed to get into the silverback before him.

And on another match, I again built the silverback, used it for a few rounds, then a boomber somehow downs me with a boomshot (yet my silverback survive) and some guy just runs for my silverback and ignores me completely and hops into my silverback and never revived me. So me and my friend kept trying to back him into a corner until he finally got out of the silverback (which he did), unfortunately it had taken a lot of damage by that time.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
A funny thing that happened yesterday.
Gridlock TDM: Last 2 lives for my team and 3 for enemy. The random and I camp at the pistol area, one of their guys is trying to snipe us where they get the weapon, the other two was below near boomshot area trying to bait us out so we can get our heads popped.
It kept working for the random but he was never sniped.

Now here's where it gets hilarious, one of the people from below tries going in our area once the sniper got bored of trying to get us, but I keep him off the stairs half the time and the random never noticed him I guess, eventually I hear the other two enemies make my smoke go off from near the spawn entrance to the pistol camp and eventually the guy who's been trying to get in from the boomshot area gets past me and sits in cover Right next to the random for about 15 seconds (The enemy and I were shooting at eachother) while my teammate was still aiming out of cover thinking the sniper is still in that area.

Soon after one of the enemies try to run back cause I did too much damage to him, the random finally notices him but a bit too late since he was just getting out of cover and the guy i've been fighting kills him with Sawed off.
3v1 now, guy that killed random thinks if he roadie runs in that small area to the pistol he can kill me first, instead I do, I somehow escape and just have the time go on by and we just win the next round.

It's funny how completely oblivious people are, it's almost sickening... I mean really, 15 seconds for Both of them not to notice they were literally back to back in cover?

Top Bottom