• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I love how if I want to get that DLC I'm going to have to spend 10$ instead of 5$ because apparently I'm missing 20 points to make 400 even, because the rewards program sucks **** and I have to wait till the 15th of this month if I'm going to get an extra 100 points for **** that I already did like 3 weeks ago

:phone:
Try using bing rewards to get free MS points also :]

You can have up to 5 accounts per house, 1 per individual. (obviously just put different names >________> )

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
It isn't my fault that you're all hellbent on making every weapon really good, but the whole fun in gears and gears 2 was that is was hard to get people down. It is easy as **** in this game with every single weapon.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You guys don't understand.
Give it more range, but lower the RADIUS. People would have to aim.
The sawed off isn't a good weapon. It just promotes camping. It promotes forcing the other player to approach. If the radius was decreased and the gib range was increased, it would be a more aggressive weapon.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Are you kidding me? The gib range on the ****ing thing is already like 100 times more than the Gnasher. Basically by giving it more of a gun range and shortening the range you're making a Gnasher who's gib range is longer

Just either make a playlist banning the SO or reduce the already big gib range and narrow up the spread of the shot more

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
The range of the sawed off's gib range after the patch is ****ty.
I don't know what game you've been playing but I've heard of how you play and it seems that you're letting the sawed off get to you.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
The gib range on the sawed off is now less than the Gnasher.
The issue is the radius.
Nobody has to aim.
Fix the radius. Compensate with a little more gib range.
It is a simple fix that would make the weapon aggressively usable without forcing players to keep a distance.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
What are you talking about les than the Gnasher's gib? I aimed full body at some guy with a SO who didn't even get downed to get a response from the same distance away with a gib from the SO

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Versus Booster Pack out on the 24th of November.

It has Clocktower, Bullet Marsh, Blood Drive, Azura and Rustlung for versus play.

And it's free for everyone. That's a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh goody, I just have to wait till the end of the month for Blood Drive, looks like I don't have to buy the map pack after all

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
What are you talking about les than the Gnasher's gib? I aimed full body at some guy with a SO who didn't even get downed to get a response from the same distance away with a gib from the SO

That means it is your problem because the sawed off has a confirmed patch that DID correct the range of the sawed off. It technically now has less gib range.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

It has Clocktower, Bullet Marsh, Blood Drive, Azura and Rustlung for versus play.

While it is kind of a **** move on Epic's part, on the bright side the maps are only for versus, while the people who bought the pack get the maps for both versus and horde, the characters, and the weapon camos, and the extra horde upgrades.

I agree with that long post.

Although I can understand that Epic would want to make a team game team-oriented, I also believe that the game is simply TOO team-oriented. I'm not opposed to the idea of a power position on a map like how one exists in Sandbar, but at the same time, if you're going to have a power position, it better be reasonable to expect players to be able to overtake it.

For example, the Mortar/Mulcher on Mercy and the little deck on Checkout are good power positions IMO because the areas are small, susceptible to defeat from other power weapons around the map, and have a small divide in terms of higher ground and regular ground, unlike Sandbar or Overpass, in which you have to approach in waves just to enter the top position.

Also, I think maps like Sandbar and Overpass are more bearable in other game types like Execution and Warzone because you only have to control the power position once, and then the game resets. In other words, your next life resets into an even playing field, instead of having to surrender your K/D until the round ends.

I'd agree to better map geometry and nerfed ARs, but I also think that more can be done to improve the game.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Still it's not that good. I wouldn't buy the season pass if I knew it was "spend 2400 MS points for thing you can get for free later".

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings

Blood Drive for my birthday. How nice.

alpha is a 4v4 playlist with tdm, koth and exe in it with lancer/gnasher load out, with certain weaps as pick ups (HB, retro, sawed off). Epic will be manipulating this playlist to create community feedback. :3

hi http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/851691-Welcome-to-the-Alpha-Playlist
Awesome. I didn't think they'd do it. I guess I should give Epic more credit.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Sweet, free DLC. Thanks Epic Games! Wish Activision did this with their CoD games...>.>

Epic loves ****ting on its hardcore fans.

They're making it more "accessible to casuals" like most games these days. :urg:

Casuals = ruining games since 2009 (or whenever Farmville was created)

And the SO is fine. It already got nerfed. Haters gonna hate.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So far me, Xanthan and Klub have made about 16 people quit our matches in the Alpha playlist due to us abusing the **** out of the Lancer.

It's absolutely fantastic. Maybe people will start to notice how broken that weapon is.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Pluvia you're right. The lancer is ridiculous. It's pretty much like the Beta retro. You can strafe with it with pretty much no consequences.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Some nice info on the Lancer:

It can shoot non-stop for 9 seconds and, assuming you have actives, if you land every shot perfectly you can down 12 people before you have to reload.

This, mixed with it's incredibly accurate hipfire, and the fact that without the Retro and SO to keep the chainsaw in check, means that all together me, Xanthan for a while, and the team we played with must've made about 80 people ragequit tonight.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Pluvia, we need to schedule a time to play because of our dumb time zones.
It is 6:53 here. What is our difference?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Doesn't that tell you something about game balance? Plus I use it.
All the CoD games would like to have a word with you. Why gimp yourself? I'll use the best guns in shooters cause I don't want to play at a disadvantage.

People would if the lancer was nerfed.
There is nothing wrong with the lancer. Just buff the other guns. There. Problem solved.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You must be reading my posts with the intention to disagree, because I said to nerf all of the assault rifles and I suggested a BALANCE for the sawed off and a decrease in the effectiveness of hard aiming with the gnasher.

Which is me essentially saying we need to nerf all of the assault rifles.

Top Bottom