• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I still say **** the sawed off.

That **** is gay and anyone who uses it is a ****ing ******. Only time I die in this game is when I'm outnumbered, lancered out, or sawed off. Only rarely will I ever get out-gnashered.

:phone:
nope.avi

And I got a collateral with the SO today. :troll:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Are you kidding? You act as if there is no drawback to using the SO. If you didn't lose because you couldn't deal with it, you lost because you wouldn't deal with it. I don't give two ****s about your score because you did get outplayed. The team who lost got outplayed. You simply won't accept the reality that the SO, for one shot, will wreck your **** if you're approaching it.

You STILL haven't explained to me how a five man SO circle jerk invalidates KotH. You simply took offense to me saying you got outplayed and posted your scores. You said you couldn't approach which is true. You can't. So you blow them to hell before going in so you force a position where you can approach.

Man, Armada picks the easier to use character, that's the only reason he's better than Taj. Mango picks the easier gun, Shroomed is superior in every way, he just can't beat that Sawed-Off Fox.

EDIT: In before namesearch.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Are you kidding? You act as if there is no drawback to using the SO. If you didn't lose because you couldn't deal with it, you lost because you wouldn't deal with it. I don't give two ****s about your score because you did get outplayed. The team who lost got outplayed. You simply won't accept the reality that the SO, for one shot, will wreck your **** if you're approaching it.

You STILL haven't explained to me how a five man SO circle jerk invalidates KotH. You simply took offense to me saying you got outplayed and posted your scores. You said you couldn't approach which is true. You can't. So you blow them to hell before going in so you force a position where you can approach.

Man, Armada picks the easier to use character, that's the only reason he's better than Taj. Mango picks the easier gun, Shroomed is superior in every way, he just can't beat that Sawed-Off Fox.

EDIT: In before namesearch.
I'm going to put it very simply because it's actually way more complicated than this:

Once five people get a circle with SOs, you can't take it back unless you have grenades, boom, or mortar, because you can't approach. This is established. However, with any other set of guns you CAN approach an you can win because no other weapon dominated CQC as much and you can actually beat them with skill.

But because this is true, once a team gets in a circle with multiple SOs, there's no hope, you basically give them a free 50 points on average. That turns KotH essentially about who can get into the circle with SOs first. So everyone switches to SOs and they run around trying to blow each other up before they get blown up.

That's the situation put simply. It's much more complicated when you incorporate particular spots with a lack of cover, powerful corner camping spots, and the lack of good power weapons. All of this is heavily influenced by stages. Hotel is much more suited for KotH becaus eit's less SO friendly and has adequate power weapons for breaking up circles, but Mercy is not well suited for KotH because it has a ton of SO campable spots and a lack of good power weapons to break up crowded spots.

The explanation for explaining why the SO is ruining KotH is too complicated, that's why I boiled it down to "Players who don't work as hard as me should not beat me," before. When I lose, I want it to be because I got outplayed, not because the people on the other team used a crutch. There really aren't any drawbacks to using the SO in KotH because of the reapswns. Dieing isn't an issue, but capping the circle is, and the SO does an overwhelmingly good job of keeping people out, a much better job than the gnasher or any other standard gun could, simply because it doesn't require aim.

You smash analogy is flawed. There's a difference between something being easy to use and something being easy to do well with. Fox is WAY harder to use than Doc, but he is easier to do well with than Doc. Peach is WAY harder to use than Mewtwo, but she is easier to do well with. These both have to do with the character's natural advantages once they are learned, and they deal specifically with 1v1 situations. But in Gears, we're not talking about 1v1 situations. We're talking about any combination of players vs any other combination of players. That analogy is invalid in many ways.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Ryker,

There's some people who use the Gnasher not to get power weapons but just because they think it's all they should need.

If you try explaining to them that the game is about power weapon control you might as well be talking to a brick wall. It's like if you run to frags with the far superior shotgun and they have a SO, and you lose, and let them get the ring, then simply put you got outplayed.

It's not the weapon that's at fault, especially not now seeing as though the SO is the worst starting weapon.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Ryker,

There's some people who use the Gnasher not to get power weapons but just because they think it's all they should need.

If you try explaining to them that the game is about power weapon control you might as well be talking to a brick wall. It's like if you run to frags with the far superior shotgun and they have a SO, and you lose, and let them get the ring, then simply put you got outplayed.

Don't use that trite Gnasher rusher judgement on me. I know how important power weapons are, and if you watched that gameplay sample from me you'll see that the very first thing I did in the match was pick up grenades and get a quad. Yeah, this game is about power weapons, and the SO is one. If you don't have a SO, you lose. :p

It's not the weapon that's at fault, especially not now seeing as though the SO is the worst starting weapon.
It's pretty sad to see that both of you believe that using an overpower weapon makes someone a better player than another player. You both have pretty screwed up views on the game. Good thing most people will agree with me.

How about we make a game where players can choose to spawn with a boomshot or a pistol. If you pick pistol, and die from a boomshot, you got outplayed. You should've picked the boomshot because it's easier and covers more scenarios more easily than the pistol. Don't complain that one is clearly more powerful than another. Lol, you two are silly. Keep in mind, the issue is not even about Gnasher vs. SO.

In the end, it doesn't even matter, because my team very rarely loses in KotH. My Wl is 4.0+ and I don't even run with a squad all the time. That one loss to scrubs using a SO is accompanied by 4 wins, so whatever. I've beaten SO teams, and I'll continue to, btu I don't like losing to SO teams because they're not good players, they're just abusing an overpowered weapon.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's pretty sad to see that both of you believe that using an overpower weapon makes someone a better player than another player. You both have pretty screwed up views on the game. Good thing most people will agree with me.
I said you were outplayed. Nothing about who was better.

How about we make a game where players can choose to spawn with a boomshot or a pistol. If you pick pistol, and die from a boomshot, you got outplayed. You should've picked the boomshot because it's easier and covers more scenarios more easily than the pistol. Don't complain that one is clearly more powerful than another. Lol, you two are silly. Keep in mind, the issue is not even about Gnasher vs. SO.
Gnasher covers waaaaaaay more scenarios than SO. In fact, your original complaint is only that the SO covers one scenario too well. Just like the last time I talked to you, you're changing your argument half-way through.

In the end, it doesn't even matter, because my team very rarely loses in KotH. My Wl is 4.0+ and I don't even run with a squad all the time. That one loss to scrubs using a SO is accompanied by 4 wins, so whatever. I've beaten SO teams, and I'll continue to, btu I don't like losing to SO teams because they're not good players, they're just abusing an overpowered weapon.
If it doesn't matter to you, then don't ***** about it.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I said you were outplayed. Nothing about who was better.
There's no worth in "outplaying" (quoted for ambiguity) someone when you have a huge advantage. In previous Gears, when I lost an altercation to someone obviously not as good as me, I could accept it because it won't keep happening. But losing altercations to a SO user is common, and happens often. Me being the better player doesn't matter a substantial amount of the time, and this is a very bad quality of the game. The better player should win in the end, and the better player should be the one who puts forth the most effort and uses the most skill, not the person who picks an easymode gun.

You're pro-ban on the MK issue. I'm sure you understand how being outplayed by a MK main shouldn't be accepted because MK is a stupid, broken character, and people who play that character should learn a character that isn't OP.

Gnasher covers waaaaaaay more scenarios than SO. In fact, your original complaint is only that the SO covers one scenario too well. Just like the last time I talked to you, you're changing your argument half-way through.
The gnasher covers more scenarios than the SO, but it does not cover the most important scenarios in KotH better than the SO, and that's the CQC.

I didn't change the argument, rather, yet again, you've failed to follow the argument. You would've done better to ask for clarification of the analogy, because you've misunderstood it. You took the parallel to literally, and out of context. The idea that "x gun covers more situations that y gun" in relation to the SO vs. Gnasher (keep in mind, this is not solely about Gnasher vs SO, this is SO in general) was aimed at the CQC, meaning the SO covers more CQC situations than the Gnasher, and CQC is what matters ultimately in KotH.

If it doesn't matter to you, then don't ***** about it.
Nope. Principles mean a lot to me. No matter how badly I body SO kids, I'm still going to complain about it because the SO is still a detrimental weapon to the game on principle. It doesn't matter that I'm a good enough player to over come it (most of the time), bad is bad and I'm going to point it out.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm going to interrupt this argument to say something very important.

I don't play this game anymore because of this really stupid weapon...hmm...what was it called...oh yeah sawed off shotgun I think.

That is all. Good day. :troll:

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Pluvia, I know firsthand that you're a good player, but you're in denial.

It's OK to say a weapon is broken or overpowered. It doesn't make you any worse of a player.

Ryker, I assume that you too are a good player and I will say the same to you.

By the way, everyone who hasn't added me yet, please do.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
On topic: I'm pretty bias when it comes to gametypes; all I care about is exe. Although I hate Koth, I can definitely see how SO ruins it. I feel the same way with wingman, in my opinion sawed off/retro makes that gametype unplayable :(

I second overpass being the worst map in the game, along with mercy. (My opinion on mercy might change once the man-up rule is taken out)

Off topic: I'm sure everyone has already read it, but the campaign DLC has been announced: http://epicgames.com/community/2011/10/gears-of-war-3-raam’s-shadow-game-add-on-coming-dec-13th/

WHERE THE **** IS MY BOY CYCLOPS?!

Onyx Guard, Bernie, Big Rig Dizzy, Michael Barrick, Minh Young Kim, Tai Kaliso, Alicia Valera and Raam.
WHY IS THIS GAME LACKING LOCUST CHARACTERS?!?! Next DLC better have all locust characters or I quit >_>

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Good to know we can play as RAAM/Another squad in GoW3 and know a bit more of backstory from the first game. I don't read the comics so didn't really know all of who/what went on from the times between GoW1/2/3.

Anyways about me playing Solo on GoW3 yesterday.
When I started TDM the enemy team had 5 lives and my team only had 1 guy left (Was waiting to spawn) This one person on my team killed 4 people alone with the SO and nearly killed the 5th person by himself.
No it wasn't skill, he literally just ran around Mercy and SO'd people.
Cause of the sudden death being a tie, the next two rounds their team ***** us hard 10-13 lives left on each round.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
FINALLY laid hands on a new headset. Somebody add me as playing alone sucks ***. GS Ryker.

EDIT: Oh ****. Gnasher only weekend is go.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So today I got a quad in koth Checkout after throwing a smoke at one of the circles where someone planted a frag

I laughed pretty hard

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
So today I got a quad in koth Checkout after throwing a smoke at one of the circles where someone planted a frag

I laughed pretty hard

I actually won a match with something like that. My team was losing, and the other team was a few points away from winning. I wanted frags, but I saw an enemy going for them, so instead I watched him pick them up because since the circle was behind the checkout counter, I knew he'd plant one right in the middle. Sure enough he did it, with his whole team in there and I immediately shot it down an killed everyone. We ended up winning.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The new DLC is interesting as it shows a character, the girl, who wasn't known to everyone that saw the leaks.

That means there's genuine DLC for this game.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gets old quick. Especially when people figure out they can beat Gnashers with pistols just as well as they can beat them with Lancers.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't get why they even put in snub pistols at all. The gnasher has unlimited ammo, so there was no need for a snub pistol.

I don't like the hardcore playlist at all. I think it's undeniably the stupidest playlist I've played on Gears yet.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Overpass might just be the worst map in the game.
Actually, I'd have to disagree and say that Trenches is the worst multiplayer map. Then again, I've only ever had the chance to play Overpass in horde so I guess I can't say this one. My thing with Trenches is that, even with the new spawn and the new way to get out of the spawn added in after the beta, there are still ways to trap people in their spawns. If you hide up top with the powerweapon that spawns up there, there is no possibilty for another person to kill you. Even without a powerweapon, if you have two people up there, it's almost impossible to kill you.

I don't like the hardcore playlist at all. I think it's undeniably the stupidest playlist I've played on Gears yet.
I disliked Big-Head Mode more than this. I'm just glad you don't have to play in that style constantly over the weekend. You're able to choose whichever playstyle you want.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah I don't get why they even put in snub pistols at all. The gnasher has unlimited ammo, so there was no need for a snub pistol.
Dude, if it was truly only Gnashers, you could run away like a little ***** the entire game.

Without power weapons, Gears devolves into whichever team approaches loses. Power weapons give you an objective you have to control because they can wreck your **** if you sit with your thumb up your ***.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Actually, I'd have to disagree and say that Trenches is the worst multiplayer map. Then again, I've only ever had the chance to play Overpass in horde so I guess I can't say this one. My thing with Trenches is that, even with the new spawn and the new way to get out of the spawn added in after the beta, there are still ways to trap people in their spawns. If you hide up top with the powerweapon that spawns up there, there is no possibilty for another person to kill you. Even without a powerweapon, if you have two people up there, it's almost impossible to kill you.

I disliked Big-Head Mode more than this. I'm just glad you don't have to play in that style constantly over the weekend. You're able to choose whichever playstyle you want.
No, trust me Overpass is WAY worse than Trenches. If the enemy team gets the top, then you've lost.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Trenches really isn't half bad as long as your teamates aren't complete idiots. Overpass on the other hand is a complete nightmare if the other team controls the bridge.

I request that the OP adds everyone's names and Gamertags to the OP so that we can keep track of who's who and really get some team SWF matches going.

EDIT: Just went 17-1 in TDM :cool:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I would go as far to say that Overpass is one of the worst multiplayer maps I've ever played in any game. Great for Horde though.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Dude, if it was truly only Gnashers, you could run away like a little ***** the entire game.

Without power weapons, Gears devolves into whichever team approaches loses. Power weapons give you an objective you have to control because they can wreck your **** if you sit with your thumb up your ***.
Except, now that ARs work well, power weapons aren't as big a deal anymore.

Hardcore playlist is all right. Not the best idea, but it's easy to see that it's Epic's way of poking fun at the stereotypical "Gnasher Purist" mentality that has never even existed. I played about 20 matches of it yesterday and only lost 1 (the first one). It's pretty easy, and luckily no one in the room I played with was a jerk enough to use the pistol.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah I actually found it pretty easy too. Did die once or twice from trying to switch to my Gnasher only to find that it was now to the right of the D-pad.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hardcore playlist is all right. Not the best idea, but it's easy to see that it's Epic's way of poking fun at the stereotypical "Gnasher Purist" mentality that has never even existed.
ALMOST something we agreed on, until I quoted you and realized that you don't think that mentality exists in a lot of places.

Gnasher only, No Sawed-Off, Final Destination. I mean, Blood Drive.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Trenches really isn't half bad as long as your teamates aren't complete idiots. Overpass on the other hand is a complete nightmare if the other team controls the bridge.

I request that the OP adds everyone's names and Gamertags to the OP so that we can keep track of who's who and really get some team SWF matches going.

EDIT: Just went 17-1 in TDM :cool:
Sorry, can't add the gamertags anytime soon. My 5 year old piece of junk finally broke and I can't edit in the GTs now

Top Bottom