• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I started playing CTL today and it's now my favourite game mode, I also made 3 new friends on XBL today after playing 15 games with them. :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I only find if fun if you have a full party that communicates.
Yeah, the 3 guys I met were pretty good at the game and we every game when we were all on the same team.

I think I'll stick to warzone and CTL now. TDM sucks cause of randoms who go 1-10 and 1-18.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Played Overpass on KotH and, I have to say, I agree on it being a really bad multiplayer map. Despite having the ring in many different places, if you had two people controlling the top, no matter where the ring was, you controlled it. It's not very balanced. Most maps, if you have a power weapon, you can still be beaten by teamwork. Overpass, not so much.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Not really. One other point can be held from there and the actual top point is impossible to take back, but the majority (Boom, both nades, stairs, and one side) of the points are hard to cover from there. You're hurting your team by not being near the ring and forcing them to spawn there the entire game.

Overpass is still ****ING horrible for KotH because both nade spawns and the top are ******** rings.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
True, but with the turret on top, if your team owns the ring, you can stop any others from coming from one of the directions if the ring is at the Hammer spawn. The nade spawns are hard to cover, but they're annoying in and of themselves because it's hard to get in there and take it back. Stairs you can cover from the top with the flamer. It hurts just as much to spawn and die immediately by turret from above.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
A friend that works at gamestop told me he saw something in the computer about a "locust character pack" He's going to double check later today.

Also, Quinn tweeted that tomorrow there will be some more weapon swaps for mercy, and another map.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Quinn mentions that the problem with drydock having one side with ink is fixed.

Hopefully this means both sides get ink instead of that stupid flamethrower, but we'll see :3

Drydock: fixed, now if mercy gets a sniper/torque on tower my life is completeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

edit:
Drydock:
Scorcher > Ink Grenade
Incendiary Grenades > Frag Grenades

Mercy:
Boomshot > Incendiary Grenades
Digger > Frag Grenades
Frag Grenades > Torque Bow
Incendiary Grenades > Digger
Oneshot > Mulcher

Mercy is actually playable now... i'm happy.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Good **** today Snack, Fuelbi and Serin. Only took us 3 hours to beat horde mode, haha.

And I never realized until today how bad the map 'Overpass' is till we played it...x_x

It makes Rust and Nuketown from the CoD games look good.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Good **** today Snack, Fuelbi and Serin. Only took us 3 hours to beat horde mode, haha.

And I never realized until today how bad the map 'Overpass' is till we played it...x_x

It makes Rust and Nuketown from the CoD games look good.
Never. Ever. EVER. am I playing Horde for that long again. I may be somewhat bad at this game, but I'm not suicidal

That said, I ****ing hate being the leader in CTL

ThreeX

Smash Lord
What? The flamethrower has very few uses but honestly the ink is the most useless weapon in the game. I'd much rather a flamethrower.
Idk if this is a troll attempt, but ink is one of the most useful push weapons... the ink is what can actually help you win position of the top bridge in drydock.

Edit: just played mercy and it's 1000000000000000x better. Really reminds me of security with gb settings, only bc the balcony w/ power weapon in mid map :3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I quite enjoy being the leader in CTL. I'm good at not being captured.
Well I'm the opposite. I want to go out and get kills, that's why I play Gears for in teh first place when I'm not playing wingman with you. I want to see teh guts splatter and all the gore when I chainsaw you right through your shoulder. It's not my fault I want to run out and do that stuff

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well I'm the opposite. I want to go out and get kills, that's why I play Gears for in teh first place when I'm not playing wingman with you. I want to see teh guts splatter and all the gore when I chainsaw you right through your shoulder. It's not my fault I want to run out and do that stuff
Just do that then.

Being the leader might as well be called "LOADS OF FREE KILLS PLUS NO DEATHS".

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Idk if this is a troll attempt, but ink is one of the most useful push weapons... the ink is what can actually help you win position of the top bridge in drydock.
Definitely not a troll attempt. Being good on one spot on one map doesn't make it a good weapon. The ink stuns for like 1 second, and has horrid range. I fail to see how it's good for pushing, given generosity, you'll stun 2 people and hopefully not stun yourself. Great, but what does that get you? I could see how with full team cooperation, you can use it to push, but that's true of a lot of weapons. Perhaps it's because I don't frequent TDM on Drydock as much, but I see it as a gimmicky way to get 1 kill every now and then.

Accept my friend request, Mura.
I haven't been on and probably won't be on for a couple days. I'll accept it next time I get on live.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I quite enjoy being the leader in CTL. I'm good at not being captured.
I'm good at capturing people as the leader and getting out of me being captured, not so much of not being captured. I think of it as a test in teamwork. I much prefer KotH, personally.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So I heard some people say on the Gears 3 forums that if you're lucky and you ask around at stores like wal-mart, they might give you a pre-order character for free even if you didn't pre-order from there. I might go to wal-mart soon and ask for a savage grenedier elite code, hopefully I'll get lucky. Might work at best buy and gamestop, too.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
What? The flamethrower has very few uses but honestly the ink is the most useless weapon in the game. I'd much rather a flamethrower.
Ink grenades? Useless? The **** are you smoking?

I've never touched the Scorcher a day in my life because of how easy I can wall bounce around it and body your ****ing ***.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Well, this is literally the first I've ever heard of inks being useful, pretty much everyone I've played with agrees that they're total **** so I just assumed most felt that way. I play around with them for kicks, but they aren't really good for anything IMO. Enlighten me as to what is good about ink grenades.

Personally, I've done a lot more with the flamethrower than I have with the inks, and I don't like either of the weapons.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I say both inks and flamethrower suck. Inks are like an automatic smoke that's easy as balls to dodge and when you get caught in the outside blast radius, you don't actually get downed but just stunned and not damaged. Flamethrower sucks because it's an inferior Gnasher that takes twice as long to down someone at the kind of range where you could just gib someone with the Gnasher.

I'm going to have the same sentiments about the Inks as I do about the Flame Grenades except they're more useful because you get a higher quantity of the grenade and it actually kills at point blank range instead of stunning you and leeching off your life little by little

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Definitely not a troll attempt. Being good on one spot on one map doesn't make it a good weapon. The ink stuns for like 1 second, and has horrid range. I fail to see how it's good for pushing, given generosity, you'll stun 2 people and hopefully not stun yourself. Great, but what does that get you? I could see how with full team cooperation, you can use it to push, but that's true of a lot of weapons. Perhaps it's because I don't frequent TDM on Drydock as much, but I see it as a gimmicky way to get 1 kill every now and then.
Yeah man, it's ridiculous how useful just the stun is, nevermind the extra damage. The stun is definitely more then a second, but you're correct about the range; it's pretty bad. You're right about other weapons being good for pushes, but sometimes inks are given to each team to help win weapons(drydock, mercy, gridlock, trenches, old town). I wanna say it's similar to how people use smokes to use pushes, think of an ink as a powered up smoke.

I hate typing out a whole scenario of a match, but this is just an example of how useful the stun is. We were playing execution on drydock, and had complete map control, the other team was trapped at mortar/oneshot side. My friend told me to get the boltok ready, because he was going to ink the carmine all the way in the back. As soon as the carmine cringed... he lost his brain :3

It's not so much about just getting one or two kills every once in awhile, if you know someone is sitting behind lower sandbags at boom with boom (old town) you can ink him (forcing him to stand up, with full body stun) and finish him off. In my eyes ink is tied with frags in terms of versatility, possibly even better.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well I'm happy. I finally got the sniper and the Kantus locusts for use in multiplayer

Took me so many ****ing hours to grind for, but it was worth it when I got my Kantus <3

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I pretty much despise getting put with any randoms that have less that a 2.0 K/D.

Luckily the terrible people will leave when the games that hand everything to you on a plate come out later this year, so I wont be stuck in a team with people who barely know how to hold an xbox controller, let alone use it.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
K/D is not reflective of how much of a team player you are.
Usually I get a 1.0 and half as many kills as whoever has the most kills, but I have HORDES of downs and loads of points from playing objectives and downing people.
You just disappoint me, Ploov.

Top Bottom