• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure the servers aren't up right now. I just played the most frustrating match I've had in this game, and it's not even because of the SO. People were soaking up shots like it was Gears 2.
The servers are probably down because they're preparing for the torgue(or whatever its spelled) bow tag weekend.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Man I wish there was an easy way to combat engineer ribbons(build 5 fortifications per round), it sounds easy, but you can't do it solo so you either need to be with friends(who usually want to play mp) or with randoms(who usually quit out and when all quit out except me then I can no longer get combat engineer ribbons).

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
My god I just had the 3 best games I've ever had playing solo with full teams.

I joined on Mercy and after going 0-3 I managed to take it back and win the match by getting 12 kills with no more deaths and gaining a clutch medal and MVP.

Next it was Checkout and after somehow killing 2 guys that were Gnashering me with a Mulcher (I have no idea how I sponged that one) I proceeded to go 16-2. After the match I got accused of being host, to which I pointed out I joined after the 2 guys that were heckling me and the servers are clearly up.

Next it was Drydock and nearly everything I did worked perfectly. I got taken down at first by some coward flanking me with his Lancer but then I picked up the Torque and killed the 4 guys that killed my teammates out of the Mortor area, then proceeded to get a headshot with every bullet of the sniper next round. 2 Oscar Mikes in a row was enough to make the guy that was trying to camp with frags quit.

Then I left for lunch after going 14-1 whilst those 2 guys screamed host at me.

Man why isn't there a theater mode in this.

:phone:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Torque bow tag is a bit too slow I think. Everyone just runs around meleeing and trying to tag smokes to each other.

Right I do like the new weapon layout of Sandbar, it really opens that level up and it's no longer about getting to the top.

Overpass is fine on Boomshot round but the Torque barely helps. I think they should make one round Boomshot and Frags and the next round Torque and Longshots.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm being completely honest, i've played a little over 200 or so GoW3 games. And I think i've only touched the Torque Bow like... 3 times while i've seen others with it 4 or so times.
Is the weapon just not on as many stages as it use to be, or is it not in the swaps anymore like Gridlock for example. Instead of the usual Sniper/Torque next round, it's Sniper/Sniper

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Checkout, old town, drydock and hotel over here :3

I can't tolerate the rest of these ef'n maps >_< Gridlock is on my 50/50, I would like mercy a lot of they replaced oneshot/mortar with snipe.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The new Sandbar is really good I think. I never had a problem with the old one but I do understand why they changed it and now I enjoy it even more.

The Boomshield on Overpass has helped me out more than I thought it would too. There's so much people that think they can just walk around you, and unless you wallbounce well you're not going to get behind a boomshielder.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I beat the single player campaign today, and it was awesome! Thanks to Fuelbi for playing most of it with me! :)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I played TDM today and did the craziest **** I've ever done.
I play Gridlock my first game, go up to snipe, get a triple gnasher kill on three kids camping with sawed offs. Then, I proceed to die 3 times in a row to the sawed off.
I get pissed.
I grab the digger. I launch two shots STRAIGHT UP TOWARDS SPAWN. I get two kills. Shoot another. Another kill.
Next round, Boom, I get a 'Hail Mary' by getting a cross-map boom. Then, I get another 'Hail Mary' HEADSHOT with the boom from sniper to that little camping area in the corner of the map. We still lose even though I'm like 10-2. Third round I go up to snipe, pick it it, and fire it instantly and get a down on some kid who came up the stairs.

Weird stuff is happening.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Things I can't understand about the sniper:

Why people who can't use it pick it up. Why would you pick up a weapon if you suck with it?

Why people pick it up and run away. On Gridlock people will pick it up and run back to their tower, which doesn't make any sense seeing as though the best area for it to be used is the tower in the middle. If someone rushes you just Gnasher them, I never understand why snipers rush back and deliberately handicap themselves.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Cause usually your team is a bunch of randoms that don't watch your back as you're sniping them. And for the arguement "Why pick up the weapon if you suck with it?" You basically answered your own question, to basically stop sucking.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Weirdly I asked to swap weapon with a sniper today and they gave it to me. I hadn't even sniped that match and they traded for my flaming hammerburst.

And anyway you don't need teammates to watch your back on gridlock, that's what smokes are for, even a hammerburst wont be able to down you before you get into cover either.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Why people who can't use it pick it up. Why would you pick up a weapon if you suck with it?

Why people pick it up and run away. On Gridlock people will pick it up and run back to their tower, which doesn't make any sense seeing as though the best area for it to be used is the tower in the middle. If someone rushes you just Gnasher them, I never understand why snipers rush back and deliberately handicap themselves.
That ENTIRELY depends on how dedicated the other team is to holding that position and how much control they have over the explosives that round. It's a box of death if your team doesn't pull enough wait to allow you to sit there.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I played in the casual playlist today at a friend's house and ***** face, people are SOOOOOOO bad in it. I was also beasting with the SO too. :troll:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I was also beasting with the SO too. :troll:
Haven't I said before that you can't beast with a Sawed Off? You only receive good **** that powers your ability to use it. Without a big black **** being given to everyone who uses a Sawed-Off, how would you use it? :confused:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
This game has totally lost its luster to me. I only play on my days off, or when my regular crew is online.

Did some1 who posts in this thread send me a FR who has optimus prime as their gamer pic?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You use the Sawed Off?

I can't see the image. :c

Haven't I said before that you can't beast with a Sawed Off? You only receive good **** that powers your ability to use it. Without a big black **** being given to everyone who uses a Sawed-Off, how would you use it? :confused:
I use it cause it's the best and I feel great whenever I kill people with it. I love to abuse "cheap" weapons in shooters. (i.e. ACR in MW2, FAMAS in Black Ops etc.) :awesome:

S

smash brawl player 99021

I can't see the image. :c

I use it cause it's the best and I feel great whenever I kill people with it. I love to abuse "cheap" weapons in shooters. (i.e. ACR in MW2, FAMAS in Black Ops etc.) :awesome:
It's Dawn from Pokemon facepalm-ing. ):

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
ACR wasn't cheap in MW2, but okay.

Noobtubes >>>>

Anyways. Horde is fun as ****.
Well, it does have laser sights and no recoil so....

And I'm kinda kidding when I say that I "beasted" with the SO. I just prefer to use it over the gnasher because it's more powerful and I can usually manage to run up to enemies and shot them at point blank range. Iunno.

It's Dawn from Pokemon facepalm-ing. ):
Oh.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I use it with Stefan if that's all their team uses.
Otherwise...

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings

People who suck with the sniper pick it up to get better with it.

People pick up the sniper and run to the tower because there's much less chance of them getting killed there. Considering the average TDM match, it'll be campy and players will sit around with ARs all day. If you're with a team of randoms or people who won't protect you at sniper, it's safer to go to the tower if you want to actually be able to concentrate on using it. I don't see the handicap on sniping in the tower. You can see the spawns and most spots where people will camp from. If they camp the other tower, just don't be stupid and go down and snipe from another angle. IMO the middle is the WORST place to snipe from because it's the first place the opponents will look for you.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I played in the casual playlist today at a friend's house and ***** face, people are SOOOOOOO bad in it. I was also beasting with the SO too. :troll:
I'm so proud of you you're not going to let Epic ruin your fun by making the sawed off crappy those *******s

Top Bottom