• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Gears of War 3 is the bomb dot com and superior to GoW2 in almost every way (minus the Sawed Off). Epic did an amazing job at making this game accessible while maintaining most of the aspects I've come to love about the Gears series.

I admit I was raging pretty hard over the Sawed Off during the beta but after playing the **** out of it, I'm just getting better and better at learning how to play around it. I'm really glad I played the beta as much as I did because I just started playing the multiplayer and I'm already kicking plenty of *** just like I did in GoW2. :)

Now where are my XBL friend requests people?? I've only gotten 2 so far. -.-

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
4 of us spent an hour and a half trying to complete Horde on normal but I don't even think it's possible. 4 Berserkers is just overkill, there's no way you can do that.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Yo spoil that part about the imulsion.

Dude i beat horde on normal with 3 other people, you jelly? :denzel:

@ the guy talking about gnasher consistency:
Dont feel bad bro, i do it too. I have 500+ gnasher kills already, but some rounds i cant hit some1 standing still. Just dont get down on urself keep trying. If you go into a mini-slump just use ur other gun. If ur in a long slump i advise using only the gnasher until u work out of it.

I have 0 sawedoff kills, gonna see how long i can go without getting one, terrible ****ing idea for a gun.

:phone:

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I finished the campaign today. Nothing short of amazing. There is nothing to dislike about it.

I then went on to get 33 kills in my first mp match. The sawed-off is still a stupid weapon though. Not being able to down is fine, but its bad concept still remains. It's not broken, but just a very very stupid weapon that doesn't belong.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
You can down ppl with the sawed off.
The sawed off cant down u if u have full health.
The gun is still gay as **** and should be removed.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Gears of War 3 is the bomb dot com and superior to GoW2 in almost every way (minus the Sawed Off). Epic did an amazing job at making this game accessible while maintaining most of the aspects I've come to love about the Gears series.

I admit I was raging pretty hard over the Sawed Off during the beta but after playing the **** out of it, I'm just getting better and better at learning how to play around it. I'm really glad I played the beta as much as I did because I just started playing the multiplayer and I'm already kicking plenty of *** just like I did in GoW2. :)

Now where are my XBL friend requests people?? I've only gotten 2 so far. -.-
I'm suspended, remember?

Just send me one at xSerinx.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Just played for a good five hours tonight, which shows you how patient I can be with this game.

But after a while, you can only take so many deaths by a sawed-off shotgun. I'm not one to normally rage quit a Gears game, but that ONE gun made me do so.

Fixing needs to happen.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Just played for a good five hours tonight, which shows you how patient I can be with this game.

But after a while, you can only take so many deaths by a sawed-off shotgun. I'm not one to normally rage quit a Gears game, but that ONE gun made me do so.

Fixing needs to happen.
Nah, it's perfectly balanced, and fun to use! :troll:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You can down ppl with the sawed off.
The sawed off cant down u if u have full health.
The gun is still gay as **** and should be removed.

You'd have to be incredibly red for it to down you because in all my matches I've never been downed, or seen anyone been downed by it.

As much as people hate on it I have to be honest and say it's one of the best things to happen to gears. Heck I use the Gnasher but I'm glad the game is no longer the Gnasher fest that gears 2 was or the Gnasher (and Longshot to be fair) fest that gears 1 was. One gun no longer dominates the gameplay and people have finally realised that you have to be good at wallbouncing for it to work, wallbouncing in itself will not make you good.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't get it, all I use is the Sawed Off and it works as fine as it did in the beta for me. I'm still leading the team by like 10 points and 3 deaths, I'm still destroying people even if their at full health, etc.

I think you just play against REALLY BAD randoms if they're not capable of getting downs with it, because I'm great at getting those with the Sawed Off

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I never noticed I never got downs when I used it until I saw a thread with someone saying they've never had a down with it, and pretty much every reply saying they've never had a down either. None of the people I play Gears with all the time have ever had a down with it either. In fact I'm pretty sure TU1 took it out Fuel.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I never noticed I never got downs when I used it until I saw a thread with someone saying they've never had a down with it, and pretty much every reply saying they've never had a down either. None of the people I play Gears with all the time have ever had a down with it either. In fact I'm pretty sure TU1 took it out Fuel.
Really? Damn, I've only probably used the Gnasher probably once or twice in the entire week, and I still played better with the Sawed Off (no I can aim with it and get a couple of kills with it before I die, but I still played better with the sawed off)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
As much as people hate on it I have to be honest and say it's one of the best things to happen to gears. Heck I use the Gnasher but I'm glad the game is no longer the Gnasher fest that gears 2 was or the Gnasher (and Longshot to be fair) fest that gears 1 was. One gun no longer dominates the gameplay
That's right, now everyone it's a Sawed off and Lancer fest.
Since the gnasher is inferior now, while the Longshots scope is annoying and actually covers most of the screen unlike GoW2's where you can atleast see from the corners to know if there's anything else important to see/Shoot.

and people have finally realised that you have to be good at wallbouncing for it to work, wallbouncing in itself will not make you good.
Derp, too many obstacles/cover to wallbounce now and barely any places where you actually CAN wallbounce. I may have played only 5 Online matches, but the only time Wallbouncing actually helped was on (Hell if I remember the name) the town level where in the campaign you have to disarm bombs, Only that hallway where you grab the boltok is where I used Wallbouncing in the 5 matches I played.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I need to start playing with you guys because I'm seeing hardly any SO's. I've been playing all afternoon and I've not been killed by it once.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
The sawed off doesnt need to be in the game for the gnasher to not be dominant. As is, the retro lancer and regular lancer with stopping power are more than enough to deter and prevent the gnasher from being too good.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
As Rone said, the SO is not necessary for making the game balanced. The ARs are fine now. The SO is just overkill. If we're gonna have loadout weapons that counter other loadout weapons, then I'd love it if i could spawn with a sniper to put an end to AR camping.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I say it delivered just right imo. Not as hard as RAAM, but not as easy as the Lambent Brumack at the end of Gears 2. This one was comfortably nice in the middle

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I know this is going to sound wack but I wanted to know if anyone wants to KOTH boost on Gears 2 to get the Golden Gnasher Shotgun before the 25x xp is gone.

Only need 4 more people with 2 controllers so we can control the game better.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I know this is going to sound wack but I wanted to know if anyone wants to KOTH boost on Gears 2 to get the Golden Gnasher Shotgun before the 25x xp is gone.

Only need 4 more people with 2 controllers so we can control the game better.
Is there a chance of getting banned for boosting? And how long would this take? I'm only level 30 in gears 2

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It would take you forever Xanthan. Don't think it's possible from that low a level. Anyway I'd say it's not worth it, there's plenty of other skins you can get.

So glad I got the Haze skin for free.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know, going back on some of the earlier games, some of the stuff that they were saying suddenly makes sense with the ending of the game

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Disappointed I didn't get the Haze skin for free. :( It said free, but when I tried to download it, it said there was an error with XBL or something and wouldn't let me get it. Curses.

Anyways, for people thinking of boosting in KOTH in GoW2 - it takes forever, and it's not worth your time. Even with 25x exp you wouldn't get to level 100 unless you were level 97 or so, and even then it would take long. I'm level 81 and it would take me ages even if I boosted for it, plus I think the DLC skins are much cooler than gold skins anyways, but that's just me.

Also realizing that a lot of my anger comes from randoms in this game...with a full party, it's a lot of fun and easy to play. Gotta play with at least 2 other people or else it's irritating as all hell, though.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Woooow, people already found a way to boost? Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy.

And this has been a long *** week. I'm never getting suspended again.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna play beast mode? I'm trying to get a party of 5 for insane difficulty, I want to unlock the Savage Theron Guard, plus beast mode is fun.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
He just means GoW2 king of the hill boosting. Although, I'd assume you could do that in Gears 3 as well.
You can boost for medals in private matches in Gears 3, but you get less xp per match. But if you wanna unlock Superstar Cole or Kantus much faster, than private matches are the best way to go.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Anyone wanna play beast mode? I'm trying to get a party of 5 for insane difficulty, I want to unlock the Savage Theron Guard, plus beast mode is fun.
I volunteer for that, I love beast mode. Running around as a Beserker is OP

Btw, I got an achievement for killing someone who was apparently going lambent in the MP

what the hell happened?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Eddie and I have been playing for about 3 hours now.
Had some intense **** go down.

S

smash brawl player 99021

No I didn't, I killed someone with my lancer and then something about killing a player while he was going lambent
I got that too, didn't know how really. Must be some infection type deal.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Its something the devs started. The ppl they kill "go lambent" and infect everyone they kill, the infected infect everyone they kill too. its nothing special, i got it day one and i didnt even know it until i was reviewing all my stuff at the end of the night

S

smash brawl player 99021

People need to get on. We have three people and we're ******. Rone?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Rene... AS SOON AS I GET THIS GAME, WE WILL NEVER STOP PLAYING.
THE HAIR WILL BE FLOWING.
THE KNEES/MANTLEKICKS WILL BE GROUND SHATTERING.

PREPARE YOURSELVES.
Anyways, me getting this game is kinda out of my hands, so I apologize for not playing with you all, especially baduhger.

Top Bottom