• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
That's why you think it's broken, because you haven't used it, which is pretty fail logic.
When the only solution to a weapon is to use it, you've probably got a broken weapon. Just like the TU6 gnasher.

I haven't played MP yet, so I haven't had to deal with it, but if it's still like the beta, it's still as anti-skill and scrubby both in practice and concept as ever.

Gosh, I gotta find some time to play this game. I've barely even started the campaign.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
When the only solution to a weapon is to use it, you've probably got a broken weapon. Just like the TU6 gnasher.

I haven't played MP yet, so I haven't had to deal with it, but if it's still like the beta, it's still as anti-skill and scrubby both in practice and concept as ever.
This.

Anyways, out of curiosity, does the digger just explode when near an enemy? I've noticed whenever someone rolls out of the way, it just keeps going, and when someone stays stationary it pops out of the ground and kills them. I'm assuming that's how it works.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
But if you use the gun you see that it's not broken. You see it's glaring weaknesses and can then punish them. This is why, even though you scream broken, only about 30% of people use it online. It's terrible.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Speaking of seeing guns, I wish I was able to know what my teammates are holding.
And being able to see them, I can hardly tell them apart from the environment when looking through the tac, GoW2's tac was much better cause you can see them since they're like a big Red target in a white room.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
But if you use the gun you see that it's not broken. You see it's glaring weaknesses and can then punish them. This is why, even though you scream broken, only about 30% of people use it online. It's terrible.
I hope you're not referring to those old stats that joeGraf posted, because I'd been on the gears forums showing how those stats even further showed that the SO was broken.

I.E. About 28% of players used the SO, and 18% of kills were from the SO, though about 72% of players chose the Gnasher, but they got only 30% of the kills. Double the useage of the SO and you get 56/36, which is less useage than the Gnasher, but more kills. So yeah, useage doesn't represent the weapon's power, it's the kills per use. If more used the SO, it's kills would quickly dwarf that of the gnasher or any other weapon, because it gets more kills on average per use. Just because people haven't decided to use the dumb weapon doesn't mean it's not broken.

Of course, those are beta stats, I still have yet to see any stats for the released MP.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God the campaign is so ****ing amazing

I was speechless when
Dom scacrificed his life to help Marcus and the others escape
. He definitely won respect from me, and I sure as he'll know who I'm using in the MP from now on

:phone:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I hope you're not referring to those old stats that joeGraf posted, because I'd been on the gears forums showing how those stats even further showed that the SO was broken.

I.E. About 28% of players used the SO, and 18% of kills were from the SO, though about 72% of players chose the Gnasher, but they got only 30% of the kills. Double the useage of the SO and you get 56/36, which is less useage than the Gnasher, but more kills. So yeah, useage doesn't represent the weapon's power, it's the kills per use. If more used the SO, it's kills would quickly dwarf that of the gnasher or any other weapon, because it gets more kills on average per use. Just because people haven't decided to use the dumb weapon doesn't mean it's not broken.

Of course, those are beta stats, I still have yet to see any stats for the released MP.
I'm not referring to those stats, I'm talking about the retail version.

And the SO is different to the beta, it can't down anymore and is more noticible. The Gnasher has 3 times the range and can down and gib.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'm not referring to those stats, I'm talking about the retail version.

And the SO is different to the beta, it can't down anymore and is more noticible. The Gnasher has 3 times the range and can down and gib.

I'm pretty sure I've been downed by the SO before. Also, Gears 3 for shooter night would be awesome. Sadly I probably shouldn't host, my connection isn't the best.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well I finished Gears 3

God that story was so amazing. I honestly can't believe it ended the way it did, but it did. I honestly thought that
Dom would make it to the end of the game

Also, **** Carmine. I can't believe he's nearly died like 20 times and he's still lived

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm suspended from Xbox Live for a week cuz my bio said:

Only ****** *** ****ies use the sawed off.

Yet little white 12 year old boys can call everyone and their mother a stupid ***. Whatever.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm suspended from Xbox Live for a week cuz my bio said:

Only ****** *** ****ies use the sawed off.

Yet little white 12 year old boys can call everyone and their mother a stupid ***. Whatever.
LOL
You're amazing. gg, that's completely true.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Oh my

Just got a Quad with the Gnasher
and a RAMPAGE

PWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Guys, do you know who I, Wretched, will probably use in beast mode?
Guess.
Spoiler below.
Armoured Kantus:troll:
So how is beast mode, really? I mean, I don't even know if it is PvP or not yet, which I would enjoy bunches.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'll be honest,

This campaign is really boring. I didn't like the Gears 2 campaign too much, but this is a lot worse. The only reason I'm still playing it is for the Acheivo's. Otherwise...it's really boring.

Defend > Overtake > Cutscene > Defend

same ****.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I loved it. Could be my bias, could be the third act and final acts, but I loved it

Also, I got a triple kill right now lol. I threw a frag at this sniper who was trying to take me out, then killed someone with my lancer who came to defen his buddy, then chainsawed the 3rd person who was trying to help him too. This was all in tdm and we were all down to our lasts lives, me being alone

I got commended by my team when the match finished lol

Grandeza

Smash Master
So I've never played Gears and the only shooter I have experience with is CoD. i realize this is completely different being third person and all. Is GoW3 worth getting for someone new to the series?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yes. They made it much more accessible. If it is ANYTHING like the beta, and from what I'm hearing, you don't have to have 3lit3 wallbouncing skills to do okay with the shotgun, and you can easily substitute machine guns.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Lmao, I'm raging more over this game than CoD. People camp so hard it's unrealistic. If you play against a full party, there's basically no point in trying. Secure the spot with the OP power weapon in whatever map and you win.

How do they mess up MP games so bad these days? The concept of balance is totally foreign to people. **** balance, let's make the game "fun," or in other words, let's make a bunch of ******** weapons so the stupid kids can get kills! Yay!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Berserkers are too much fun to play as. But beast mode itself is fun only the first 3-4 times u play it, then its boring and repetitive.

I beat horde(all 50 levels) i dislike how the boss waves are random, the lvl 50 boss was only 1 reaver :(

Finished the campaign today. Simply put, the campaign was TOO ****ING EPIC. Youre actually just a negative nancy if u disagree. The scope and scale was unlike any other shooters campaign ever. And the story is actually super ****ing legit, it tugged on my heart strings.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

I have finally gotten my hands on GoW3, however, my XBL name is now changed from TEH 4pp1e SEED back to XxSteadyEddyxX so all of you here people send me XBL friend request with your Smashboards username.

That is all... Happy killing. :)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Have you beat it yet? How is playing the beserker like?

inb4thatswhatshesaid

You'll beat it the first time round. The only hard part about beast mode is the 1 minute timer, apart from trying to extend it there's not much to worry about. Horde on the other hand is bloody fantastic, and playing the campaign with 3 or 4 of your mates is such a laugh it's unbelievable.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Lmao, I'm raging more over this game than CoD. People camp so hard it's unrealistic. If you play against a full party, there's basically no point in trying. Secure the spot with the OP power weapon in whatever map and you win.

How do they mess up MP games so bad these days? The concept of balance is totally foreign to people. **** balance, let's make the game "fun," or in other words, let's make a bunch of ******** weapons so the stupid kids can get kills! Yay!
I didn't think that was even possible. :urg:

Berserkers are too much fun to play as. But beast mode itself is fun only the first 3-4 times u play it, then its boring and repetitive.

I beat horde(all 50 levels) i dislike how the boss waves are random, the lvl 50 boss was only 1 reaver :(

Finished the campaign today. Simply put, the campaign was TOO ****ING EPIC. Youre actually just a negative nancy if u disagree. The scope and scale was unlike any other shooters campaign ever. And the story is actually super ****ing legit, it tugged on my heart strings.

Aw, thanks for the heads up. I assumed it was like horde mode but you just play the other side for 50 waves.

You'll beat it the first time round. The only hard part about beast mode is the 1 minute timer, apart from trying to extend it there's not much to worry about. Horde on the other hand is bloody fantastic, and playing the campaign with 3 or 4 of your mates is such a laugh it's unbelievable.
There's a timer? o-o

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah about a minute and a half timer. Destroying things and killing enemies extends it a few seconds.

Anyway I just completed it on Hardcore by myself. Took me a bloody hour.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Is the trick from Gears of War 2 back? Where one person plays on casual while the other people play on insane and it balances it out to normal?

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I'll be honest,

This campaign is really boring. I didn't like the Gears 2 campaign too much, but this is a lot worse. The only reason I'm still playing it is for the Acheivo's. Otherwise...it's really boring.

Defend > Overtake > Cutscene > Defend

same ****.
I disagree.Every game has a basic formula that it follows and this game is no different.I personally thought the story and scale were amazing.Loved the campaign.

I'll probably try to beat Horde next.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm so inconsistent with the gnasher. Sometimes I'll get 10+ kills with just the gnasher alone in TDM, and some games I'm forced to just use the hammerburst/whatever power weapon I can find. I think it's mostly dependent on who I'm playing against, but I just can't seem to do well with it consistently.

I put my sensitivity a bit higher the other day, and although it makes wall bouncing much easier and helpful, I'm still having trouble with it. Just gonna play some king of the hill to get good practice with it. And on that note, does king of the hill give you more points than it did in GoW2?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy

Trade it in and go back to MW2.

Then, when MW3 comes out, find something else to ***** at, rage, then sell that back too.

I ****ing hate people that never have ANYTHING positive to say about the game other than pointing out its faults.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God this game is so amazing. I don't think I've been satisfied with a game this much since Colors came out last year. Aside from making the retro lancer more OP, there's absolutely nothing at all I'd change about it. God I swear on my life I ****ing love this game and buying the LE and the gun was so worth it. Even the story was amazing. I especially can't get over act III. Literally I did not expect for any of that stuff to happen. I didn't expect
lambent humans nor did I expect for Dom to actually give his life for the team. That fight at the end of that act was so amazing. I was hoping they'd just pit every side against each other in a free for all and lambent humans just made it even better. I am pretty disappointed at the lack of backstory for Baird though. I mean, Cole got at least some background, Dom has his wife, and Marcus gets to have the whole plot with his dad. At the least I'd expect some level centralized on Baird or something. I'm also feeling pretty mind****ed about the ending. I didnt actually think E Day was planned, I didn't think imulsion was a living organism, nor did I expect for Prescott to be such a *****. I was pretty pissed at how Adam died though. I mean Marcus spent the entire war thinking about his dad and **** an then he only got to see him for about 10 minutes before he died.

I also lol at how
the demo at E3 ended up becoming the night time with some slightly changed stuff, but I guess **** happens

So yeah... Btw how did Marcus get his scar anyways?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
God this game is so amazing. I don't think I've been satisfied with a game this much since Colors came out last year. Aside from making the retro lancer more OP, there's absolutely nothing at all I'd change about it. God I swear on my life I ****ing love this game and buying the LE and the gun was so worth it. Even the story was amazing. I especially can't get over act III. Literally I did not expect for any of that stuff to happen. I didn't expect
lambent humans nor did I expect for Dom to actually give his life for the team. That fight at the end of that act was so amazing. I was hoping they'd just pit every side against each other in a free for all and lambent humans just made it even better. I am pretty disappointed at the lack of backstory for Baird though. I mean, Cole got at least some background, Dom has his wife, and Marcus gets to have the whole plot with his dad. At the least I'd expect some level centralized on Baird or something. I'm also feeling pretty mind****ed about the ending. I didnt actually think E Day was planned, I didn't think imulsion was a living organism, nor did I expect for Prescott to be such a *****. I was pretty pissed at how Adam died though. I mean Marcus spent the entire war thinking about his dad and **** an then he only got to see him for about 10 minutes before he died.

I also lol at how
the demo at E3 ended up becoming the night time with some slightly changed stuff, but I guess **** happens

So yeah... Btw how did Marcus get his scar anyways?

I'm guessing you don't read the comics.
As for Imulsion being alive, it hints that in GoW2 when they kill a lambent locust that tries to jump towards them, as (I guess Blood) blood crawls up the wall and fuses with another lambent.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Trade it in and go back to MW2.

Then, when MW3 comes out, find something else to ***** at, rage, then sell that back too.

I ****ing hate people that never have ANYTHING positive to say about the game other than pointing out its faults.

There's nothing good to say about this game. :troll:

Top Bottom