• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I main Ganondorf and want to desecrate people's butts as him, yet I am Christian. Ohohohoho, dualistic quandaryyyy.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Guys...

Finally, Obama did something right.

Now if they could only stop ****ing around in Afghanistan...

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I personally don't think it's a good thing, but whatever. I'm not very educated on the issue anyway. The guy hasn't really done anything up until now, despite all his talk. I guess the thing that really irks me about him is that everyone assumed he'd be different. All politicians talk about what they're going to do and then they don't do it, but people actually believed that Obama would do everything he said. What gave them a reason to believe him? I don't know. I don't have anything against Obama, I just don't have anything for him.

:034:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
same...he just..didnt live up to all the stuff he said he'd do

the republicans arent happy with this bill either

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I may not necessarily like Obama, I just wish people would just stop riding on him. "Oh he said he'd bring change." Politicians say a lot of things in their campaigns. Does that make it true? Not necessarily. At least he's trying to get passed what he thinks is most important.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
the biggest concern i have is can they afford to do it?

i mean the loving banks in the US ****ed up big time these past few years and we had to bail them out with tax payer MONEY

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I dunno, I'm willing to give it a chance. I dislike the ultimatums it imposes, but I'm willing to accept that it may be for a greater good, despite being forced to purchase private sector services being reminiscent of fascism lol.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
All politicians are terrible people. Power corrupts.
The sooner everyone accepts this, the better.

I have no idea what's going on with this new health care system... :/

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Well, not that I want to interfere with how Obama should be doing things in USA.
A health care system has it's good and bad sides. If you have a bad immune resistance, you won't have to pay a helluva lot of money, for each time you have to go to a hospital. But if you have a strong immune resistance, you'll be paying your, probably hard earned, money, for the sake of others health. But of course; car-accidents (etc.) can also occur.
I guess you can say a health care system is kinda like gambling, imo anyway.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
my real concern about it is am i going to have to get on a different kind of health care plan because of this stupid thing? i pay like 220 a month for health care that doesnt even cover **** like dental[i got a app in 1 week for filling] >.>

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Well, from what I have been reading about it so far. I think people just have to have some kind of insurance.
If they don't, apparently they might get a fine. o.O

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
thats true...by law you will be required to have it. All citizens will

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
April 11th, I'm going to a tourney (I'm also in the organization team). In fact, there'll be 2 tourneys: 1 double bracket full tier and 1 single bracket low tier. I'm going G all the way on both. I need some serious training and tips. Maybe until friday, I can record some matches and upload them on the critique thread. Hope you can help and cheer for me.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
apparently this health care bill is getting people on edge. Theres people attacking government buildings or government related people[bros,sisters,cousins] it was on the news just now

Reim

Smash Journeyman
I also heard something about a priest who said something about, that he wanted Obama to die in hell, or something like that.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
April 11th, I'm going to a tourney (I'm also in the organization team). In fact, there'll be 2 tourneys: 1 double bracket full tier and 1 single bracket low tier. I'm going G all the way on both. I need some serious training and tips. Maybe until friday, I can record some matches and upload them on the critique thread. Hope you can help and cheer for me.
Good luck, 'dorf it up :)

I also heard something about a priest who said something about, that he wanted Obama to die in hell, or something like that.
Wouldn't he die and THEN go to hell?

lol @ religion XD

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
lol @ people getting THIS worked up about health care. Threatening people over it is stupid. Maybe it's a silly idea (maybe it's not), but sheesh. Chill out.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
lol @ people getting THIS worked up about health care. Threatening people over it is stupid. Maybe it's a silly idea (maybe it's not), but sheesh. Chill out.

well it is kind of a big deal because if you want to force everyone to have health care, someone has to pay for it...meaning its tax payers

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
well it is kind of a big deal because if you want to force everyone to have health care, someone has to pay for it...meaning its tax payers
Taxes pay for a lot of things. Such as the national defense system. Street lights. Why not add health care?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
They're not FORCING everyone to have health insurance. They're PROVIDING everyone with it.

Free healthcare isn't something you have to "force" on someone who can't afford it lol.

Anyways, I thought care for the poor was a universal tenet of the Catholic Church? Why would a priest speak out against providing health insurance to tens of millions of people who can't afford it?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
It's about time the USA achieved (or is achieving) free health care. Canada had it for over 4 decades now.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea however that money comes out of your pay check, or will when you start working[@canada]

They're not FORCING everyone to have health insurance. They're PROVIDING everyone with it.

Free healthcare isn't something you have to "force" on someone who can't afford it lol.
It'll be required by LAW[that means enforcing] to have health insurance.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting/proposal

DLA that money man, has to come from somewhere. Not just the government lol

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, capitalism is great when you're at the top. All of us here are lucky enough to be in that top level (we have computers) to be able to worry about higher taxes. Those at the bottom suffer when they can't get governmental help. They suffer BAD. Here are the choices: they could struggle a little with the taxing health care... or just die without it (exaggeration). According to that site from Dark 3nergy, it will let 32 million more Americans get health care who couldn't afford it before. Now the States won't be so selfish and individualistic, and will work for the greater good.

Owait, don't listen to me, I'm Canadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom