• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
lol you're not allowed to have 150 ladder matches this season and then hate on wifi :p
just cuz i got all them matches DOESNT MEAN I DONT HATE WIFI!!!

i just have no other form of getting practice =/ can't go offline much anyway and last time i went somewhere was for pound (WHICH WAS TOTALLY ****ING AWESOME)

AND I ONLY HAVE 149 MATCHES THANK YOU GOOD SIR

Heartstring

Smash Legend
just cuz i got all them matches DOESNT MEAN I DONT HATE WIFI!!!

i just have no other form of getting practice =/ can't go offline much anyway and last time i went somewhere was for pound (WHICH WAS TOTALLY ****ING AWESOME)

AND I ONLY HAVE 149 MATCHES THANK YOU GOOD SIR
lvl 9's
i **** you not, better than wifi, always XD

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
lol well everyone hates wifi. it's just that most people hate it enough NOT to play 150 149 ladder matches :p

regardless, a spot's open for you if you want it dude.

Exalted

Smash Lord
I'd love to be in the WB, DLA, but seeing as timezones and Transatlantic lag cripple me I must abandon ship.

Plus, my Ganon isn't anywhere near as good as yours and Verm's, lul.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah unfortunately I'm having a hard time seeing how Europeans could compete :( ****ing nintendo.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah unfortunately I'm having a hard time seeing how Europeans could compete :( ****ing nintendo.
we compete by diving into the apex 2012 fund!
oh yeah...you guys, be at apex next year. britains invading, and im on board XD

Exalted

Smash Lord
GP, mind if I stow away in one of your suitcases once the time is ripe?

Unrelated sidenote: I can spell my initials in goddamn money. €.$

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm not on AiB and don't plan on joining, please include me in the bunch though.

I promise I'll take off a stock or two.

Also I'll need some WiFi matches to get used to WiFi lag.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
lvl 9's
i **** you not, better than wifi, always XD
I practice Falcon dittos against level 9 CPUs and they can powershield every single hit of my jab combos. It's not fair.

What irks me most about level 9's is not their lack of DI/momentum canceling, although that sucks too, but they suck too hard at recovering/edgeguarding. I'm very weak offstage because of it and people who know how to edgeguard put the hurt on me.

As much as I want to be in the Warlock Bunch, school commitment means I'm an obvious no-go. Good luck everybody and hope to play at least some Wifi with all of you in the future.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
There's no huge commitment really... there will only be 1-2 crew battles a month, and it will be for a few hours on one night of the week. If you're able to set 1 or 2 Friday nights off per month, then there's a spot for you on the team if you want it.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
We need one more Ganon to fill the Warlock Bunch roster... so far we have

1. DLA
2. Vermanubis
3. Bloodynite
4. Terodactyl Yelnats
5. Breezy
6. Atomsk
7. Izumi

There will be a crew battle this friday at 7 eastern, so if anyone wants to step up then you're guaranteed a spot in the battle.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
I want in on this too. Who do I need to see about my badassness?

edit: This friday at 7 eastern. Do I work then? *checks schedule*.... Darn....

Anyways, could I get in for the next time you guys do this?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
If you want to join then send me a PM when you're available for a tryout and we'll work something out.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
-GoV- just filled in the last spot. The crew battle is scheduled for this Friday (Marth 4th) at 7 p.m. eastern. I expect all of you to be there cheering on the Ganonry (if you're not already participating)

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I posted that I was interested on your blog, DLA. I'm fine with being squeezed in whenever there's room available.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I kind of doubt that all 8 of our players will show up on friday... Noob can get a spot if someone doesn't show. And if they do then Noob can Ganon ditto Izumi for the spot. Both players secondary Ganon so I wouldn't feel right giving a preference to one player over the other.

Here's the crew that we're fighting, BTW:
1. Raffi-X
2. Waft
3. Kennispam
4. Vato Break
5. Pelca
6. ShieryuSilvr
7. lordhelmet
8. D-manfamous

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I kind of doubt that all 8 of our players will show up on friday... Noob can get a spot if someone doesn't show. And if they do then Noob can Ganon ditto Izumi for the spot. Both players secondary Ganon so I wouldn't feel right giving a preference to one player over the other.
That works for me.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Izumi doesn't secondary Ganon lol. He's a TL/MK from NY/NJ. I know Izumi personally.
Well he was very interested when I talked to him about it, and seemed to feel confident enough in his Ganon to commit to the crew.

Our roster isn't finalized yet for this crew battle... and I'm glad you're voicing your concerns because you know him better than I do. Just keep in mind that I fully intend to keep the Warlock Bunch around for as long as possible, so there definitely won't be a shortage of crew battles for Noobicidal (or Izumi for that matter) to participate in.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
hey gov, you live reasonably near to it, are you gonig to dogusch smash next weekend?
cause i sure as hell am XP

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I just got pokémon white. One day before the release date, and our local gamestore had in stock.

Hyyypeeeee

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Isn't it due out on Sunday? I'm not even sure if I'm gonna get it. The metagame has advanced so ****ing much that I wonder if it's even worth getting into now. Plus, even if it was still accessible to a relative newcomer, the way competitive Pokemon works is just stupid to me. Without the proper hacks, you have to spend accumulative days on end getting a Pokemon to where you want it to be.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Screw the competitive scene, Verm.
Just get the game and play it.
What's the appeal the Pokemon without competition though? D:

I used to play Ruby and Pearl in hopes that my team would kick the **** out of everyone elses, but now I know that to make a decent team you have to spend at least a year in the Pokemanz lab creating little ****ing monsters lol.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
To conquer a new land, Verm.

Unova isn't going to **** itself, you know.
I love competitive pokemon myself, but if I'm going to play competitively, I'd do it on a simulator where you have everything at the touch of a button. Playing the cartridge games is a lot of fun when you play to be free and the only thing you worry about is getting a nature that screws you worse than not having a nature at all (lol @ catching a special attacking pokemon with 29 base speed with a +speed, -Special Attack nature)

I played the Japanese version on my computer, and I'll consider getting the English version for the DS, if only because an error on my computer prevented me from getting past the Elite 4 + N battle. I did my best to not spoil myself with competitive sets and such when I played the Japanese version, but with all the knowledge from playing it competitively now, it'll be fun to catch monsters that end up being really awesome.

Beating a pseudo legendary with my Ice Cream cone is awesome.

Top Bottom