• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Verm when's the next King of Evil election, out of curiosity?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Cool stuffskies.

BTW guys I'm probably going to be making literally over $30 in $MM's tomorrow... I'll try to record all of them for you :p

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I wish I could do more MMs. But our venues run so early, that between doubles and singles, there's barely enough time to play afterward. The latest venue in NE stayes open 'til 9. Bracket's enough for me though, since I usually get solid players and get some awesome footage. Still waiting to get my Wiimote back so I can get some more vids up myself.

Speaking of which, I may have a vid against F@tal from a recent tournament. Took him to last stock, high percent both games. Legit matches, definitely. Even got a few FoGs in lol.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Sounds like a cool set.

I'm really beginning to love the Snake MU... I don't even care if they camp anymore. I'll probably be making $10 off of Arty's snake in a $MM tomorrow--I love fighting his snake, it's so aggressive. I don't think we've ever finished a Snake vs Ganon match because he always ragequits before I 3 stock him lmao. And now he wants to $MM me for some reason. I'll make sure to record it, because I can guarantee that it will be hilarious.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You gotta teach me the Ganon/Snake matchup sometime. I don't mind it with other characters, but as Ganon, I find it stupidly frustrating if they know when it's safe to use grenades and when it's safe to shield. Normally with most characters who have better run speed than Ganon, I have no issue approaching Snake for a grab when I see the grenade pull. But that doesn't really work with Ganon...so ugh.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You gotta teach me the Ganon/Snake matchup sometime. I don't mind it with other characters, but as Ganon, I find it stupidly frustrating if they know when it's safe to use grenades and when it's safe to shield. Normally with most characters who have better run speed than Ganon, I have no issue approaching Snake for a grab when I see the grenade pull. But that doesn't really work with Ganon...so ugh.
ganonvsnake
take his grenades, and throw them (like a man) back at his face, them as hes blowing up geruod him, them predict to your hearts content
^.^

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
There's gonna be a livestream at the smashfest I'm attending today... I'm gonna do all of my $MMs on the stream if you guys want to witness my **** firsthand :p There's also an iron man tournament, which I'll get at least top 3 in because I'm good with a lot of characters lol.

Livestream should start at like 5 p.m. and last until midnightish. I don't have the link right now, but I'll find it if anyone expresses interest in watching.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Yeah I kinda expected a stream link or atleast the name of the smashfest, lol.
I'll watch, I'm interested lol.

Tenodera

Smash Cadet
Thought I'd pop in and say that I read the Ganon boards when I'm in a bad mood. They're epic.
Ganon's such a fun character too!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
it's Oro's livestream, he said that he forgot the URL of his site LMAO. I'll ask him in like 30 mins when I see him there.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol Oro was too lazy to set up the livestream, sorry guys. However, my $MM's were recorded. I won my $10 $mm with Arty (though I let him take me to game 3 for some reason--I'm so ashamed), and then I played like 4 $MM's after that--won two and lost two. All of which are recorded.

I also got 2nd in the Ironman tournament ($11 yessss), no vids from that though. Kirk is too damn good at Ironman lol. It was out of like 25 people, so yeah pretty cool I guess.

Now I just gotta get Oro to get the matches up, they're all pretty good. It may take a while (or a few boots to the gonads :ganondorf:), because he's hella lazy.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Ironman means you choose a certain number of characters at the beginning of the tournament (3 in our case), and you can only use those characters for the entire tournament. Each of your characters gets 3 stocks for every match (so 9 stocks for each player per set), and you fight your opponent crew-style until someone runs out of characters.

It's pretty damn fun, but Kirk always wins them lmao. He's the king of jank :p

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, i already know who would win that in our country XP...although two people in particular would be very good, not sure who would win

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Today's tourney was kinda boring. The venue closed at five. I managed to squeeze a win off in a 5$ MM against one of our ranked Snake/MKs, Etecoon. Nothing eventful happened aside from that.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
OH, Verm had a bad day. He just beat a RANKED player who mains the 2 best characters of the game in a serious Moneymatch with the worst character of the game.
Nothing cool or anything. :3

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I hate venues that close early... I wonder why people even bother to book tournaments if they only get like 5-6 hours. Singles ideally start around 5 p.m., did you guys have to skip doubles or something?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
We did doubles and singles in the span of 4 hours, if that tells you how small the tourney was lol. It was more like a Smashfest. Wasn't really worth entering.

TP

Smash Master
OH, Verm had a bad day. He just beat a RANKED player who mains the 2 best characters of the game in a serious Moneymatch with the worst character of the game.
Nothing cool or anything. :3
To be fair, Diddy is the best character in the game, and Zelda is the worst.

Yeah, I said it. After over a year of thinking Ganon is the worst character, I've finally decided that Zelda is even worse. She's basically the same character but without the punishing or occasional options.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Play Riot or Ed, TP. Zelda has defensive options, priority and a good setups. I say she's 6th worst. In theory she's bad, but so is ZSS and a ton of others. x_X

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Reim.. Why haven't we fought?
Our connection shouldn't be too shabby.

Ima add you right now.

Maybe we can go double Ganon Vs two of my contacts.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Reim.. Why haven't we fought?
Our connection shouldn't be too shabby.

Ima add you right now.

Maybe we can go double Ganon Vs two of my contacts.
nah that would be impossible, wifi cant handle double ganon without fainting in awesomeness

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Supreme Dirt has WiFi now.

Supreme Dirt's antivirus won't let his Wii through.

Supreme Dirt will be wanting to play some people once he murders fixes his antivirus.

Also, Verm, you mentioned something like you took a game off of Lain once, right? Any chance the replay got saved and could get uploaded?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I never played Lain. You might be thinking of Prahwn. He's a ranked ICs in my region. I'm 2-0 with him right now.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ugh, it appears I won't be playing any today, I'm afraid. My parents are using the only TV. :/

Top Bottom