• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Xubble

Smash Ace
Sooooo local tourney in about 3 weeks. And I only have real competition with like maybe two or three people. So until I hit winners finals, I'll probably go Ganon. Maybe stay Ganon just to show the populace how much they should fear me. :ganondorf:

Anyway, I need to think of flashy and gimmicky things to do with Ganon while I'm in bracket since I'll be tearing through the hopeless scrubs that abound. FoG > RAWP is already on my list, but I need more fear-inducing and awe-striking tactics. Any ideas?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
DLA, what's your opinion on Ganon's MUs? I think you're the only Ganon good / knowledgable enough atm to make a really good call on that.

:059:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Haha I've been playing on and off since I was probably... 7? So I've had the same account for about 8 years. Dang.

I'm not even a level 60 :(
I play whenever my friends all decide to play, and we do the dungeoneering stuff.

:phone:

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Haha I've been playing on and off since I was probably... 7? So I've had the same account for about 8 years. Dang.

I'm not even a level 60 :(
I play whenever my friends all decide to play, and we do the dungeoneering stuff.

:phone:
I think I've had Noob for around seven years, and had a few accounts before it. Previous main was only level 83 or so, and the others were just throwaway accounts.

Dungeoneering is alright, but the problem when you're maxed is that you generally have to team with other maxed players, and they're all try-hards that take Dungeoneering way too ****ing seriously. I'd like to get Rigour and a CCB, but solo exp is just too bad for me to do anymore. I soloed 1-88.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Some little douche stole my account a while ago, and in the confusion of who the account really belonged to, Jagex locked it. Soooo I had to start over. I hardly play anymore, occasionally log on to flip, I'm about to hit my first mil with the account.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Flipping is stupid slow when you're below a mil, so I grab wines of Zamorak occasionally. Nets me at least 100k a trip these days.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I had my account for about...7 years now, but i only palyed for a good 3 years of it. Im about level 70 i think, But i never payed any attention to clever ways of doing things and getting money, so I was always a massive poorfag XD

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Sooooo local tourney in about 3 weeks. And I only have real competition with like maybe two or three people. So until I hit winners finals, I'll probably go Ganon. Maybe stay Ganon just to show the populace how much they should fear me. :ganondorf:

Anyway, I need to think of flashy and gimmicky things to do with Ganon while I'm in bracket since I'll be tearing through the hopeless scrubs that abound. FoG > RAWP is already on my list, but I need more fear-inducing and awe-striking tactics. Any ideas?
Good luck, and do well.

There isn't any specific tips I can give you, but you should play according to your match-ups. Don't try to punish every move, play defensively (wait for an opening), and play the usual BAIT and attack game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Man, you guys misunderstand me ;_;

It's just that the best players of a certain character often have drastically different opinions on match-ups than the majority who often has an opinion on a match-up for reasons I don't agree with. I#m not trolling or anything, I just wanna see what DLA thinks and where he's coing from.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Man, you guys misunderstand me ;_;

It's just that the best players of a certain character often have drastically different opinions on match-ups than the majority who often has an opinion on a match-up for reasons I don't agree with. I#m not trolling or anything, I just wanna see what DLA thinks and where he's coing from.

That's quite different from how you originally worded it, implying that no one here's competent enough to discuss MUs. Though it's not exactly bracket or MM, Bloody demonstrated some serious skill in the Ganon Gauntlet, I took home a sizable handful of notable wins from Apex, and DLA's been doing work, too, so the implication was very obviously antagonistic. Just for the sake of contradiction, though, ask Ocean and Karamity what they think of the Verm vs. Dio comparison. :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It was my honest opinion. There's still no trolling intention behind it, it's just that I have a very strict definition of when I consider somebody good enough to trust his experiences.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
It was my honest opinion. There's still no trolling intention behind it, it's just that I have a very strict definition of when I consider somebody good enough to trust his experiences.

I see. I'm just curious, but what is the nature of said definition? What're the criteria?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think I could objectively define that tbh. But imho I have a good understanding of when somebody is good and what he's good at [I think a bunch of people can vouch for this <_<]. I think he has the best spacing overall and makes the best use of Ganon's tools in most situations ... by a noticeable extent. Those are the main things that make me think that when he loses it's more likely to be caused by the match-up than when I see any other Ganondorf player [who lose to themselves more often].

Dio and yourself are contenders for that "category" but I haven't seen the former play a lot of match-ups generally and I think you've been a bit inactive the last year, right?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I don't think I could objectively define that tbh. But imho I have a good understanding of when somebody is good and what he's good at [I think a bunch of people can vouch for this <_<]. I think he has the best spacing overall and makes the best use of Ganon's tools in most situations ... by a noticeable extent. Those are the main things that make me think that when he loses it's more likely to be caused by the match-up than when I see any other Ganondorf player [who lose to themselves more often].

Dio and yourself are contenders for that "category" but I haven't seen the former play a lot of match-ups generally and I think you've been a bit inactive the last year, right?

I'm not really too concerned about my rankings among said category. Having only Apex on my 2012 resume, I can't complain. I'm just trying to decide whether you do think that and just aren't one for etiquette, or if you deliberately chose to say something rebarbative instead of PMing. I think you're smart enough to know that something of that nature would turn a few heads.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
See, sometimes i wonder if verm is just fantastic trollbait, What with his juuucy reactino to me and nite discussing ponykind at apex :)

Either way gheb, To say that only one ganon player has the ability to give an accurate opinion on matchups is pretty stupid. I would understand if you said that only OCEAN could give accurate MU advice for r.o.b, because he's clearly leagues better than any other rob mains. But Verm, DLA and Bloodynite all proved their ganon to be at/near the top of the metagame. There's also the few who didnt attend that are still good (perhaps a smidgeon behind due to inactivity). I'm not going to class myself in that spot yet because I've yet to use it in an actual tournament match :B

Also, We're all adults here. Unlike most other boards, we can discuss things without it turning into a total flame war. So there's no need to ask one specific person because everyone who's at a reasonable level will have something to bring to the table, no matter how small.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I never questioned anybody's abilities as a player. That's all I'm gonna say about this issue.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
See, sometimes i wonder if verm is just fantastic trollbait, What with his juuucy reactino to me and nite discussing ponykind at apex :)

Either way gheb, To say that only one ganon player has the ability to give an accurate opinion on matchups is pretty stupid. I would understand if you said that only OCEAN could give accurate MU advice for r.o.b, because he's clearly leagues better than any other rob mains. But Verm, DLA and Bloodynite all proved their ganon to be at/near the top of the metagame. There's also the few who didnt attend that are still good (perhaps a smidgeon behind due to inactivity). I'm not going to class myself in that spot yet because I've yet to use it in an actual tournament match :B

Also, We're all adults here. Unlike most other boards, we can discuss things without it turning into a total flame war. So there's no need to ask one specific person because everyone who's at a reasonable level will have something to bring to the table, no matter how small.
When I'm trolled, I don't react; I execute. :colorful:

And to just end everything from going any farther, the only issue was a lack of manners. That's all.

Hot damn though, almost a full page in a single day! The Ganon board needs more quibbling. Scratch the above. **** you all, G~P's the best Ganon. Prove me wrong.

@Ian: Well, you guys had Zhouten three years ago lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
When I'm trolled, I don't react; I execute. :colorful:

And to just end everything from going any farther, the only issue was a lack of manners. That's all.

Hot damn though, almost a full page in a single day! The Ganon board needs more quibbling. Scratch the above. **** you all, G~P's the best Ganon. Prove me wrong.

This is so becoming my newest sig! cut down to show only the important bit, of course

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
lol geez guys. everyone just chill out for a second here.

this is what I think of Ganon's MUs:

-4: :metaknight: :popo: :dedede: :falco:
-3: :olimar: :gw: :sheik: :pikachu2:
-2: :rob: :yoshi2: :diddy: :marth: :samus2: :toonlink: :kirby2: :pit: :lucas: :snake: :wolf: :wario: :zerosuitsamus: :sonic: :lucario:
-1: :peach: :fox: :jigglypuff: :dk2: :ness2: :pt:
0: :ike: :mario2: :zelda: :luigi2: :link2: :bowser2:
+1: :falcon:

Top Bottom