• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Kalm how can you think Mario is roughly even but Luigi is 80:20? Luigi is easier than Mario IMO.

:phone:
I didn't realize Mario couldn't use fireballs or Nair anymore.

This is a rather ambiguous statement that could potentially apply to any mid-weight character or lighter.

Ganon is amazing assuming you don't get hit or gimped.
First, you'll have to understand, and I'm sure you already know, that Ganon's whole game resolves around mind games and predicament. Mario's poor speed, poor aerials, poor projectiles, slow grab, weak jab, and slow rolls are all the perfect weakness for Ganon to capitalize on. And Mario is on the light side for Ganon as well, meaning that we can get very early kills on him. If played patiently enough, Mario is little to no problem at all.

As for the Mario's NAir approach - very simple.. shield then roll away. Don't try to punish it. Powershield the fireballs, they are the most easiest projectile to powershield in the entire game.

Luigi on the other hand is almost the pure opposite. Most of the weakness I've mentioned above for Mario, little to none of them apply to Luigi. And that's bad news for Ganon. Luigi can play safe on our shield/defensive game from far away, continually and freely poke our shield with his aerials, and overall just play much safer than Mario. He also kills us at a much safer and earlier phase.

I can understand why you might think Luigi is easier or as easy than/as Mario for Ganon, but, I don't find that to be the case.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Mario's aerials aren't terrible, they're almost completely safe on Ganon's shield when spaced properly. Mario can pressure us like mad and there isn't that much we can do when he gets them in. Cape also destroys our recovery. Luigi has a much harder time getting inside us due to his combination of awful range and mobility. His unique traction also make our moves unusually safe on shield (unless he PS).

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I've been afk

my bad

Yo.
Eiklemann,
set your trigger to special, it helps my ganon jumps.
For Falco, don't approach until you take alot of percent.

GDX is the best diddy in FL.
GNES is not over here -.-

Who was the falco? Was it Drew? Cause he's actually good. lol

vato_break

Smash Master
Mario has good speed, average aerials, decent projectile, and a good jab...and mario shouldn't really be rolling to begin with because its bad. If you are playing mario's who roll a lot, i'm going to assume you are playing bad marios.(i don't think there are any good marios in canada, for the except of maybe Thatguy) I've played verm, tearbear, and DLA and i've done well vs them all and i assume they are knowledgable about the MU at least. Luigi is easier because he doesn't have a solid apporach whereas mario does. Mario's nair approach? thats terrible, why would a mario aproach with nair? >_>

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
yeah you got wifi exp against me... See me offline fool

Seriously though vato's right.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, in gonna stand by all I said. And when I say Mario has "bad" moves, I obviously don't mean that literally, I mean it in the term that Ganon has way around his moves.

vato_break

Smash Master
I think you should re-evalute your statements once you play a good mario. Mario's who approach with nair are not very good. That approach was used like..in melee. wasn't even used in brawl lol

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I think you should re-evalute your statements once you play a good mario. Mario's who approach with nair are not very good. That approach was used like..in melee. wasn't even used in brawl lol
I've played quite a bunch of good Marios both offline and online. Maybe not the standard of the best Marios out there, but I'm pretty sure I know how Mario works.

I'm basing the match-up of what I know of Ganon's full potential, compared to Mario's full potential.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Why is :marth: a -3? He does literally the same things :wolf: does to him except he doesn't have a projectile to force :ganondorf: to approach and he is significantly lighter.

And the :wolf:'s agreed to changing the +3 to a +2 for them simply because his other +3's had something overwhelming on :ganondorf:. So what is it :marth: has...?

:018:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Why is :marth: a -3? He does literally the same things :wolf: does to him except he doesn't have a projectile to force :ganondorf: to approach and he is significantly lighter.

And the :wolf:'s agreed to changing the +3 to a +2 for them simply because his other +3's had something overwhelming on :ganondorf:. So what is it :marth: has...?

We have no follow-ups after choke on Marth and we can beat Wolf in the air with NAir if spaced properly. BAir walls work to a degree, but Marth's FAir and NAir walls are nigh impenetrable. Plus, he can pressure us a lot better in close range. Wolf's BAir comes out in a straight line, and Marth's FAir makes a semicircle; his walls are definitely a bigger pain.

I'm sure you'll disagree, since you didn't come here to agree with it after all, but I've fought top Wolves and Marths, and I'd rather fight Wolf any day. Not to mention, Marth does have a little known chaingrab > spike on us.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
We have no follow-ups after choke on Marth and we can beat Wolf in the air with NAir if spaced properly. BAir walls work to a degree, but Marth's FAir and NAir walls are nigh impenetrable. Plus, he can pressure us a lot better in close range. Wolf's BAir comes out in a straight line, and Marth's FAir makes a semicircle; his walls are definitely a bigger pain.

I'm sure you'll disagree, since you didn't come here to agree with it after all, but I've fought top Wolves and Marths, and I'd rather fight Wolf any day. Not to mention, Marth does have a little known chaingrab > spike on us.
:marth: has a cg>spike that only works at relatively low percents. One :marth: fair and it's out of the percent to work for :wolf: so I'd imagine close to or the same for :ganondorf:. It isn't exactly ratio changing since it's so minuscule in terms of what percent it occurs.

:wolf: forces :ganondorf: offstage with Dthrow every time, which can cost a stock in a ton of situations. I'd think that'd be much more significant then :marth:'s cg>spike.

What follow ups does :ganondorf: have on :wolf: again? I think he just had jab or something.

I have a lot of :ganondorf: experience from playing Bloodynite a ton. I'd like to know his opinion from playing me. I've also played you, DLA, Clai, and others.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
I'd say that marth is overall a worse MU than wolf so a -3 and -2 respectively is quite accurate

marth is just much more a pain to approach in general and we really don't have any ways of punishing his moves

on a side note:
since i've been playing umvc3 a lot as of late i have no decided that whenever i shall use a aerial wizard foot, i must shout FOOTDIVE

Heartstring

Smash Legend
silly nite, surely you should be going HOOOEUGH everytime you foot dive in mvc, not the other way!

And this thursday i enter a small tournament...going full ganon, i finally get to see how it fares in tournament!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not sure whether Marth or Wolf is harder ... I can see cases for both being made but in the end they're probably both -2 for Ganondorf. If I had to decide ... I'd say Marth is a bit more difficult because we can't straigh-up beat Dancing Blade without commiting to it mentally as far as I'm aware.

:059:

Xubble

Smash Ace
So wait, Bowser/DK vs. D3 should be -4 and Ganon vs. D3 should be -5? We're breaking into a new level of unwinnable here.

Let's just make Ganon -6 for everything. It'll make all the peoples happy.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Just an FYI... I've gathered all of my replays that I'm using for my next combo video. Hopefully it will be done in a week.

Not to spoil anything but it isn't solely a Ganon combo video... There's also a lot of Falco with some DK and Jigglypuff sprinkled in. Trust me though, these will be the illest Ganon combos on this side of Hyrule.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Mannnn I wouldn't be surprised if I've played more matches with Ganondorf than anyone else in the world.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
depends on your total playcount, I know ive got the highest playcount overall in the UK by a LONG LONG way

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Haha i've devoted 1/5th of my life to this game... Scary thought.

Anyways its irrelevant... The reason I'm including other chars in this combo video is because I want all of my Ganon material to be as fresh as possible...no filler, and no '08-09 junk. It's gonna be edgy as ****.

Not to mention I'm very proud of my other characters as well, and I'm looking forward to the chance to show them off.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm fairly sure it was clear that i didnt main him at apex :L

Although i say this, He's becoming my main for the day, where i shall create the first legitimate tournament win for ganondorf!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I'm fairly sure it was clear that i didnt main him at apex :L

Although i say this, He's becoming my main for the day, where i shall create the first legitimate tournament win for ganondorf!
ive won a tourney with ganon already =p
and fonz has won a tourney with ganon too o.o

Top Bottom