• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
well christianity is the most persecuted group in the world right now.

oh wait it's 2000 AD, not 200 AD

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I ignored you not because of your religion but your apparent desire to spew hate-filled ideologies.

As to why I continue to view your posts I have no idea. Should really change that setting in my User CP.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Mink do you know where my avy is from? I havent met anyone yet who does!

:phone:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Man no one seems to know :( She's from a Newgrounds webcomic series called Miss Dynamite.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Cant say anything about Newgrounds nowadays but it was the **** back in the day. Miss Dynamite is amazing and its from like 12 years ago.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Seeing it frame by frame doesn't help... You just need to find the right timing and practice doing it with that time.

The only part that really requires timing is the double jump, and you can do that at two different points in the short hop. I do it as Ganon is falling, and IIRC verm and a few others do it as Ganon is rising. Parabolas *****.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
attending my second tournament this upcoming weekend. wish me luck guys! wish the ganondorf brawl boards were more alive so i could get some matchup help.
Well, we're all subscribed into this thread, just ask away. We'll answer pretty much all the time! and good luck!

Goddamn it, why is flight of ganon so ****ing hard for me to do.

ALL OF YOU PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE ON HOW TO DO THIS. ;_;
Umm, you know the inputs for it right? feel like you doing it just as you're landing, not just before you land, if you brain works anything like mine, thats how you will need to view it.

Also guys: yesterday was a monumental day for my ganonic pride, I decided to **** around and play with some decent players (by that, i mean i just barely win against with ike/r.o.b) with ganon, and it was then i learnt that my ganon is genuinely a threat within the UK smash community, It will still lose out to the top10 (a.k.a: anyone better than me already) but it seems to be on the same level as my other two! so, maybe one day i'll go all ganon at a tournament...i can't deal with G&W though

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
apparently subscribing to threads is too mainstream for hipsternite.

I bet he was counterpicking to brinstar before it was "cool", too

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Went to a tourney today, went one and two, with a pretty hard bracket. Played Nick Riddle's teammate, a pit main, and won. Then I played GDX, the best Diddy in the south, and I lost that pretty badly. Played some random falco in losers and got chaingrabbed to death. I'm now detirmined to get really good against Falco.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
nice job... who were the pit/falco?

also the best way to get really good against falco is to pick a secondary. Buttttt if you really want to truck through the matchup then ask Fonz. He's very knowledgeable about it. Or read his matchup summary that he posted a while ago, i've quoted the whole thing in a few different places on this board so it should be easy to find.

Or ask me, I'm pretty good at the matchup, all things considered... doesn't stop me from using a secondary against Falco though lol.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
The only other characters I'll even bother to use are DK and Bowser. Ganondorf is one of the few characters I have fun with.

I didn't know who the pit was aside from that they were Nick Riddle's teammate. Pretty sure they travel to every tournament together lol

The falco was some random. I'm still terrible tbh lol ):

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Fonz :
Falco (I dunno really) 25:75?

certain things before detail. but if he tries to Jab >Grab you can spot dodge the grab everytime. THE CHAINGRAB TO SPIKE WILL NEVER KILL YOU EVER EVER EVER. You can simply jump and Up+B on the stage everytime. Lasers are easily PS'ed, if you can't PS them then you need to learn to. Bad falco's will laser a lot, and that's what gets them punished. Ask Larry he says Falco's laser to much. You need to JAB A LOT in this MU. Use the grounded Wizkick offstage to knock falco out of his Side-B to gimp him. especially if they like to do the drop below the stage jump side-B stupidness that ='s easy Wizkicks or ledgegrab edgeguards. Just WALK at Falco and PS his lasers until you get to that Sweep Distance.

When Falco's are SH Lasering (Not double):
Move in to about sweep distance (To the point where they have to DASH to grab you) This leaves them with only a few options. The most basic and safe one for them is to side-B and run away to the other side. This can be shielded, don't really try to hit him cause your too slow. His other ones are DA or Dash grab. both can be beaten by Dair (If you PS the laser) If you don't roll away instantly. You can also Jab to stop his Approaches after the laser, if he shields the jab then you need to GTFO, but since your at sweep distance he can't shield very quickly due to Dash startup lag. The last thing he can do is Roll or just keep Lasering. if he lasers keep waiting or you can be risky and try to jab his landing lag it's risky because Lasers shut down most attacks. If he rolls well Punish his stupidity with Ganons Thunderstomp.

Where you want Falco:
In the AIR, Uair *****...his Dair is awesome but our UAir *****. you want to be diagnolly below and to his FRONT. his Bair ***** don't contest it. Falco's Air dodge sucks, Punish it. Get him offstage as much as possible. Like I said use the Wizkick to gimp. It knocks him straight out of the Phantasm unless he is straight up in your face. IF FALCO EVER uses his UP+B and he doesnt DIE. you need to work on your edge game because you absolutely choked. Tipmans and grab the ledge, simple stuff.

Things to avoid:
Jab > Grab setup....Spot dodge it then roll away. Yes you can spot dodge it.
Nair > Grab.....Don't let falco Fall ontop of you where this can happen.
Dair's you into the ground Walk away F-smash. Falco's do this all the time be careful look for it.
He can also jab after the dair to a grab. DI away to avoid the jab after the Dair.
At high %'s avoid Getup attacks on the ledge if they shield it they can Usmash.

If you shield their smash attacks depending on spacing you can try to punish with Jab or DA. Doesn't have to be a perfect shield. If he Dair's your shield and is DI'ing to your front JAB HIM. if the back just move away.

Ways they look for kills:
Laser to Usmash, Fsmash on the ledge. Or Bair. If you are at the sweep distance your jab will come out before their Usmash if you perfect shield the Laser. If you didn't PS then stay in shield or roll away. Bair is easy to see coming. Fsmash will hit you on the ledge be careful.

Falco SUCKS off the map, DO NOT be afraid about recovering you **** EVERYTHING he can do to you offstage. (getting back on stage is different lol)...Smarter Falco's will walk and Jab, and Ftilt a lot these are dangerous to us it's hard pressure, Control the center of the stage so you have somewhere to retreat. I.E. platforms. Watch your DI on his Ftilt it can put us into bad situations.

ALSO TRY TO FSMASH the Phantasm every once in a while YOU CAN GET LUCKY! This is a very frustrating and difficult MU, but it's not impossible. Play patient and don't lose your cool. Your rarely going to have percent lead. Just get the first kill and then he has to approach. His Throws CANNOT kill so if you have to play Shieldy when at high percents if your up a stock.

Don't gerudo it's worthless in this MU, Falco's Love to Spotdodge Punish it with Dair. Unless they PS the dair its pretty safe if you space it correctly.

This is all I can think of now Sorry I didn't go into extreme Detail, but I'm tired lol. And btw this isn't even half of what I have written down for Falco in my Notebook lolz.
found it for you.

basically, the TL;DR version is:

- Falco should never kill you with CG->spike
- Powershield lasers and wait for openings... often you'll have to punish with jab
- avoid Gerudo because we have no followups
- don't be afraid to edgeguard... wizkick, Nair, Ftilt/Fsmash onstage are all effective
- if Falco up B's, he should always die
- Falco has a hard time killing Ganon... if you're at high % don't be afraid to shield a LOT.
- Phantasm is good against Ganon but remember it barely does any damage

A great way to cover both of Falco's phantasm recovery options (onstage and ledge) is to wizkick towards the ledge and space it so that it cancels on the ledge, then immediately Nair as you fall. This way, they get hit by Wizkick if they recover on the stage, and they get hit by Nair if they try for the ledge.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
GDX is most definitely not the best Diddy in the south. Gnes and player 1 live in the south.

Unless its not in the USA.

@verm get outa here! Gannon's a solid third for me!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
What happened to all the other threads?
They still exist; they've just been inactive for several months so they're not showing up.

HOW THE **** IS THE FALCO MU 25:75!??!?!
Just don't suck lol... I beat Arty's falco 25% of the time easy.

Hell YOU'VE beaten Arty's Falco 100% of the time. Have more confidence man.

Top Bottom