• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i wish to see them so i can feel more salt
i got out of pools yesterday, and then i choked so hard, lost to a wario when i really shouldnt have :(

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I didn't watch all of the matches, but you were mad sexy against Xyless and Ook.

You suck at FoG, though.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
lmao I don't think I landed an FoG the entire day. Some days I hit it 100% and others I can't do it for ****.

My match vs. YoshQ is probably my favorite out of those, it was a fantastic set. Except for the accidental warlock punches in game 2 lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
those were hardcore and i now feel inspired to main ganon
yknow that thoughts been lingering in my mind for a while now :L i might have to use him next tournament XD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i've been thinking about bringing out ganon as a surprise char in singles too lol. he can **** some ppl up if they're not ready.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i think i might have to use him for wario, jsut because grab release>stomp. plus i struggle to deal with character that like floating around diagonally above you, ganon can certainly deal with that

Heartstring

Smash Legend
question time ganon board!
give us one of ganondorfs move you feel is overrated and one move you feel is underrated
for me its:
overrated: B-air
underrated: U-smash

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
overrated: Usmash - I never throw out Usmashes expecting them to hit... this move's only use is mindgames, due to its good IASA frames

underrated: Fair - been saying this for a while. tech chasing and frame trapping with Fair is easier than it seems, and if you sweetspot it, it's like an aerial Fsmash. You'll get punished if you whiff it onstage, but the same can be said about most of Ganons moves. It's got good shield push so most chars can't punish it OoS, and it's also excellent offstage where you don't have to worry about landing and getting the awful ending lag.

also Wizkick (both grounded and aerial) as well as dash attack are both underrated. Grounded wizkick is very useful for punishing landings and punishing people who are trying to outspace you by throwing out aerials. Aerial wizkick is a great landing mixup. Dash attack is considered one of Ganon's best moves but I still think it's underrated... his dash attack is one of the best attacks in the game. A good percentage of the cast would rise at least one tier if their dash attack was replaced with Ganon's. Especially characters who have problems killing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
overrated: UTilt. It should never ever ever be used, rofl.

underrated: FTilt. It's very strong, does decent damage, cannot be DI'd, and is guaranteed on several characters out of Gerudo. Definitely underrated in my books. Yeah, sure, low range, but when you have a guaranteed FTilt you should probably take it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
this is one of the worst posts I've ever seen lol
i agree, and if were giving reasons for our choices then i guess id better do it too

b-air: its hitbox is pretty small, and its killa power isnt as good as man of ganons other kills moves. its just one of those moves which has a better alternative in every situation

u-smash: its hitbox is deceptively large and it has pretty incredible iasa frames which no-one except ganon mains seem to ever get the grasp of. the best thing is you always have an option to deal with however they avoided your usmash unless they actually hit yo out of it. people arent ballsy enough to try and punish its startup frames so its essentially a safe option in close range (in most cases anyway)

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Ganon's Bair is legit. It's not great due to its retardely high hitbox but it's one of our frame safest moves we have and it can auto cancel even if we fast fall if we buffer it from a short hop. So it can also mindgame and if the opponent aerial approaches you it can easily block it or trade hits in your favour, as 16% damage is no joke and not many aerial approaches do more damage than that.

BTW Supreme Dirt have you heard of Utilt's magnet properties. It can be used to mindgame in Brinstar and Norfair after the opponent gets hit by the acid and not many people know that Utilt can do that and even then they'll most likely not expect it anyway.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
BTW Supreme Dirt have you heard of Utilt's magnet properties. It can be used to mindgame in Brinstar and Norfair after the opponent gets hit by the acid and not many people know that Utilt can do that and even then they'll most likely not expect it anyway.
Norfair's banned in my region :/
I don't care what anyone says, Brinstar is a really ****ty stage for us.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah its not bad, i never said it was bad. but people seem to believe its up there with dair, uair and side-b. im just not having it
another thing i feel it underrated is the aerial wizkick. pretty fast, works a little like a stall-then-fall Dair and kills retardedly early. its just easy to get predictable with it

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
bah forget it

it didn't work =|

edit: isn't the tire infinite just flame choke, glide toss the tire into another flame choke and repeat until in kill range or till the tire disappears?

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
My post was da bess though:(
:troll:

for real though:
Overrated: ^B(as an attack)
it's horizontal range is just... Gay.

Under: Uair.
Uairs a great move but I don't see much of it.
Comes out super fast and hits the opponent off stage when you're facing towards it and they're above you.
I love uair.

:phone:

Noobicidal

Smash Master
My post was da bess though:(
:troll:

for real though:
Overrated: ^B(as an attack)
it's horizontal range is just... Gay.

Under: Uair.
Uairs a great move but I don't see much of it.
Comes out super fast and hits the opponent off stage when you're facing towards it and they're above you.
I love uair.

:phone:
I think you're misunderstanding the question. Also, we NEVER use Up B as an attack option.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah but if you dont grab the tyre it hits the floor and its timer speeds up again. to do it for longer you need to regrab the tyre
ive just noticed that tyre/tire is another word thats spelt differently in england and america lol

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Wow people actually talk like that?

I gotta say GP your voice was the most bearable out of the bunch.

BTW I'm kidding, I love the queen and all of her subjects

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, thanks DLA
i will say the guy primarily on the mic is loud by nature, and eats the microphone when talking into it XD. the guy who made shoutouts is from northern england and has the strongest uk bumpkin accent ive ever heard XD
still thanks, anyone got any idea of what i can do to make my commentary better? im not ever reaching grand finals so i might as well be the commentator XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
everyone says that -__- my forte within the uk smash scene is as the guys that has all the knowledge and none of the skill XD
so how does one change that?

Top Bottom