• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Pre-testing results of Flame Choke lock:
+Can be followed up with Wizfoot(Which on certain stages can be ledge canceled and lead to a potential spike) ,F-smash(pivoted or salmon), D-smash(some stages), running grab(certain characters), or another flamechoke.
+(depending on the stage) Can do 2 flame choke locks and then any follow up mentioned

-Can only work on stages with slants/hills including CS(1st and 2nd are fine but 3rd form only when its tilting), Brinstar, RC(can work on the curve of the ship), Delfino(platforms, beach hills, Shine sprite tower, house roof), Lylat(when the stage tilts), YI(platform must be tilting), Frigate(form 2).
-Oppenent must be 6% or lower in order to work otherwise the jab knockback will be too much (On some stages that limit can rise to 12~14%)
-Does not work under any circumstance on Mario, Luigi, Samus, or Ganon(figures)

A Flame choke lock is done by using a flame choke on a slanted surface such as the one on CS. The explosion will send your opponent down to the ground as usual but they will actually bounce a bit and slide closer towards you where you can then immediately jab them causing them to slide and forcing a get up and thus follow up with almost anything.

In short ^ =Flame choke on a slant with them having less than or equal to 6% and then jab. Then follow up

Just wanted to post this so that you guys could experiment with it and see if anyone can find anything i missed or possibly improve

Xubble

Smash Ace
^ This is interesting. I like starting matches with Flame Choke, so some extra damage before my usual set up is nice. :D

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
That's pretty interesting, I think Z1GMA made us vaguely aware of this, but everyone was too lazy to do research hehe. Nice job

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nice one bloody, ive come across this before in lylat vs. yoshi, but i was too busy like 'wat, ganon can force getup?' to actualyl punish XD
imagine if ganon had a weak initial jab so that he could always force standup from flame choke. would actualyl be not bottom i reckon XD

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I actually got 2 consecutive forced getups out of flame choke on bowser on brinstar.
I didn't know if it was just a glitch though.

Good find.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
nice one bloody, ive come across this before in lylat vs. yoshi, but i was too busy like 'wat, ganon can force getup?' to actualyl punish XD
imagine if ganon had a weak initial jab so that he could always force standup from flame choke. would actualyl be not bottom i reckon XD
i actually have no idea if ganons jab being stale would cause any difference but it might since the staler a move gets the more the knockback drops so thats something to consider

I actually got 2 consecutive forced getups out of flame choke on bowser on brinstar.
I didn't know if it was just a glitch though.

Good find.
Yea brinstar is one of those places were you can get consecutive force getups but i didn't think it worked on bowser there.... i got it to work with Link, ROB, and oli

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I got it to work 2x.
Then followed up with a Fsmash.

My mind was blown.

Also, i seperated the bubbles with my 4 second long murderquake, and then dragged snake to hell in the air through the middle of the stage from above the top platform, hit the lave, survived.
IT was the greatest feeling in the whole world.

Man, the anger in his eyes.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i actually have no idea if ganons jab being stale would cause any difference but it might since the staler a move gets the more the knockback drops so thats something to consider
staling affects the knockback and damage of a move. a fully stale move (the 10 most recent hits were all this move) has 55% of its knockback and power at full freshness. so even when fulyl stale it would only (theoretically) force getup at about 15%. not really viable

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
staling affects the knockback and damage of a move. a fully stale move (the 10 most recent hits were all this move) has 55% of its knockback and power at full freshness. so even when fulyl stale it would only (theoretically) force getup at about 15%. not really viable
true but if you could do it AGAIN on another slant and continue the process then it could be worth it in the long run

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
I got it to work 2x.
Then followed up with a Fsmash.

My mind was blown.

Also, i seperated the bubbles with my 4 second long murderquake, and then dragged snake to hell in the air through the middle of the stage from above the top platform, hit the lave, survived.
IT was the greatest feeling in the whole world.

Man, the anger in his eyes.
well if you can do it 2x on big characters then you pretty much guarantee a F-smash adding 23%+ to them but when i did against oli i could only follow up with a D-tilt considering he was below me on a slant

and the bubbles on brinstar are amazing with wizfoot <3

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I also like utilt on the bubbles.
If it was a forced get up on oli, wouldn't it have been more productive to re-flamechoke and then follow up with a DA? Or is Dtilt better in that scenario?

Dsmash only hits when they're on the same level right?

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
I also like utilt on the bubbles.
If it was a forced get up on oli, wouldn't it have been more productive to re-flamechoke and then follow up with a DA? Or is Dtilt better in that scenario?

Dsmash only hits when they're on the same level right?
sorry i didn't specifiy before. I did do 2x getup flame chokes and THEN did another flame choke but the 3rd one made him land on a slant going down instead of up thus i could only do a d-tilt.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
so if someone has a good capture card. could they gather all said files. cut it down to only the bits that are needed and then send them onto you?

if we can. ill have to look into getting a capture card

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
well im not the best when it comes to editing but i guess i can try?

I'll just need to make lots of drafts get feedback and then improve them before making a final video

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, i have commentary on matches and **** all on top of that XD
i have a microphone and a london mafioso accent. ****ing hell who wins?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm studying film editing in college... however I'm currently working on my own Ganon combo video so I'd have to finish that first.

Plus, no offense to anyone, but we don't have a good enough Ganon lineup to make a community video that was better than the previous one, content-wise.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Honestly it doesn't seem very useful... if they're at 0%, I'd rather Dtilt out of flame choke and follow up the Dtilt with another Dtilt or another flame choke (if they air dodge into the ground), or a Uair (if they jump after the first Dtilt). Much more practical.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'm studying film editing in college... however I'm currently working on my own Ganon combo video so I'd have to finish that first.

Plus, no offense to anyone, but we don't have a good enough Ganon lineup to make a community video that was better than the previous one, content-wise.
Should I come back, and try to make an effort in getting quality for a new Ganon Combo Video?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Should I come back, and try to make an effort in getting quality for a new Ganon Combo Video?
We'd need a lot of Ganons to come back if we want to reach the caliber of the last video... but yes you should come back regardless hehe.

But wouldn't this lock chain into that? Choke > Jab > Choke > Dtilt > Dtilt/Choke/Uair.
The second Dtilt would likely do too much knockback to follow it up reliably, since the opponent already has some damage and Dtilt isn't staled. I mean it wouldn't be an awful option, but I wouldn't risk it because you might just hit them with the strong jab hitbox instead, and do like 16% to them instead of potentially 40+%.

I always just choke>roll back>wizkick

:phone:

edit: I can try and get some cool footage.
Me and my brother can stage stuff and save a replay.
that's an awful thing to do out of flame choke. you have several guaranteed followups on 3/4 of the cast, and potential for tech chases on the other 1/4.

Also never put staged clips in a combo video. What's the point?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I've been really thinkin' about doing singles with Ganon, since I honestly don't care as much about singles, anymore. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get my Ganon back to his former glory of stomping some ***.

EDIT: 2000th post made in the Ganon Boards! **** yeah!

Top Bottom