• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
So pumped to probably be going to a tourney next week!
I'm trying to do a ganon team with someone!
NeoBatous hosting.
He plays Falcon.
I could try and do a man team with him.

:phone:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I have a vision.
A vision where Ganon passes Zelda on the tier list.

Have we tried every playstyle???
Campy, aggro, both?

What about a new style.
A style brawl hasn't seen before.

What would happen if we disregarded every little thing we knew about brawl, and played ganon again.

A game where smashes rack damage and jabs are kill moves.

I would so do testing on things like this if I had a GCC at the moment.

No.
Screw the GCC.

What if we played with sideways wiimote?
What's gonna happen, we become the worst in the game?
Oh wait...

All I know is, what we do right now doesn't do us any good.
The worst that could happen is we lose a match.
Oh wait, were ganon, that's nothing new.

Sure, you could continue to play the way you do and time out brawl, waiting for smash 4, and play a new style of game then.

Or you can play a new style of game now, and lose trying.
It will take a few hard loses.

It will take a few jokes about us.

But just imagine.
Imagine a world where ganons not the worst?

NOW WHOS WITH ME!!!!!!!!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i camp with u-smash
and **** it works so well

simply put, zelda isnt 2nd worst in teh game right now, jiggz is. when they get the bottom end of the tier list right then we might move off the bottom, but the bbr dont care about anything underneath lucario

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
lol Jiggz is heavily underrated.

Still a really bad character, but heavily underrated.

imo top of low tier material.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I agree. What makes people think Zelda is second worst is beyond me.

G: Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon
H: Link, Jigglypuff, Zelda, Ganondorf

Should be

G: Lucas, Jigglypuff, Bowser, Zelda, Mario, Falcon
H: Samus, Link, Ganon

Zelda gets whinged about because of how slow she is and her recovery, but when you have the defense options she has, it kind of makes up for it, at least a little.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
true, true
i really dont rate falcon at all.
i personally think that bowser and samus are both underrated. however thats probably got something to do with the best eu players of them two character being people i play against commonly

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I agree. What makes people think Zelda is second worst is beyond me.

G: Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon
H: Link, Jigglypuff, Zelda, Ganondorf

Should be

G: Lucas, Jigglypuff, Bowser, Zelda, Mario, Falcon
H: Samus, Link, Ganon

Zelda gets whinged about because of how slow she is and her recovery, but when you have the defense options she has, it kind of makes up for it, at least a little.
I love you.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Link isn't anywhere near 2nd worst lmao

E: Yoshi, Sonic, Ike, Pokemon Trainer
F: Luigi, Ness, Lucas, Link, Jigglypuff
G: Mario, Zelda, Samus, Bowser
H: Falcon / Ganon

:059:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i simply refuse to believe that luigi is worse than ike, i just cant see it. regardless of what anyone says XD

this is probably because my most common 'sparring partner' is j.miller a.k.a: the only good luigi about XD

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Link isn't anywhere near 2nd worst lmao

E: Yoshi, Sonic, Ike, Pokemon Trainer
F: Luigi, Ness, Lucas, Link, Jigglypuff
G: Mario, Zelda, Samus, Bowser
H: Falcon / Ganon

What does he have over someone like Falcon? He has projectiles, but not ones that are more valuable than Falcon's speed. Falcon has a better recovery, faster, roughly the same kill power, sans DAir and can control his space much easier.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Link's frame data and mobility (frame data not sure overall but Link's fastest moves are like 6-7 frames and almost everything he does except Zair has lag) are significantly worse than Falcon's. And Link's projectiles are too slow to be used to camp well. When Ganon manages to approach a projectile character often enough you know that something is terribly wrong with the opponent's camp game. Also Falcon lives just as long as Link with amazing momentum cancelling and DI.

Ike isn't worse than Luigi. It's just impossible to see him being better than Ike when he has no mobility combined with no range and his insanely long shield push, something that Ike does not have. Remember that spacing with Ike is crucial which allows you to go unpunished when you'd otherwise get punished hard.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Guys, stop talking about stupid crap.

Recently, a friend of mine has shown an interest in competitive Brawl, and he wants me to become his teacher. Not only does this mean that I'm going to have a permanent doubles partner, but I have someone that knows how to navigate roads and is willing to drive to tournaments.

To keep it short, within the next month or two, I shall start attending tourneys again.

I'm probably going to only use Ganon.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
guys, stop talking about stupid crap.

Recently, a friend of mine has shown an interest in competitive brawl, and he wants me to become his teacher. Not only does this mean that i'm going to have a permanent doubles partner, but i have someone that knows how to navigate roads and is willing to drive to tournaments.

To keep it short, within the next month or two, i shall start attending tourneys again.

i'm probably going to only use ganon.
SEE YOU AT APEX

caps

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What does he have over someone like Falcon? He has projectiles, but not ones that are more valuable than Falcon's speed. Falcon has a better recovery, faster, roughly the same kill power, sans DAir and can control his space much easier.
Falcon's recovery is totally not better than Link's. Link's recovery might not take him very far but he actually has options offstage. Falcon isn't actually fast either - running fast =/= fighting fast. Link falls fast, has usable range and most of his aerials can auto-cancel out of a SH. His jab/tilt game can also be worked with reasonably well. That means he can actually hit or pressure shields with combinations of bomb -> zair -> jab and remain safe against many characters where Falcon just couldn't do squat. He's literally all bait, no quality.

And Link kills so much more reliably than Falcon OMG. At high % you can spam shield against Falcon and he can't do **** out it.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Falcon's recovery is totally not better than Link's. Link's recovery might not take him very far but he actually has options offstage. Falcon isn't actually fast either - running fast =/= fighting fast. Link falls fast, has usable range and most of his aerials can auto-cancel out of a SH. His jab/tilt game can also be worked with reasonably well. That means he can actually hit or pressure shields with combinations of bomb -> zair -> jab and remain safe against many characters where Falcon just couldn't do squat. He's literally all bait, no quality.

And Link kills so much more reliably than Falcon OMG. At high % you can spam shield against Falcon and he can't do **** out it.

Meta Knight is a terrible character. His jab sucks, his air speed is terrible, he's light and he has one of the most conspicuous color palettes, which makes him an easy target.

Just a sarcastic way of saying that theorizing won't go anywhere.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, I have only played a top 3 Link player and a - back then - top 5 Link player so I obviously have theorized all that just now without any experience whatsoever.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
OK, I have only played a top 3 Link player and a - back then - top 5 Link player so I obviously have theorized all that just now without any experience whatsoever.

yeah, so have i. the same one to be exact
link got bombs and zair, thats essentially all he has thats better than falcon. i would imagine link has a better chance of killing because of projectile traps into smashes and a dsmash that can be jab cancelled into
but falcon can actually move. its kinda a big deal

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

Legan, Kirin, M4ge, Xavier and Jash here.

I might have you beat. :p

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm just kidding. I'm not actually 6'4" and 214lbs. That's so small LOL.

6'66" 666lbs reporting for duty. :ganondorf:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
LOL verm.

I'm 6"6' and 175 pounds.

Never won a set in doubles lol.
Went all ganon tho.
We were doing Round Robin I think it's called.

Everyone fights everyone.

Then I got double eliminated with yoshi in singles D:

Noobicidal

Smash Master

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh wow, im actually positively average in terms of height among ganons
6'1" here
225lb's though, **** yeah mass

Top Bottom