• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Cool, looks good Ex.

Verm I thought you said that you don't like doing LT tournaments?

Oh and I just realized that you replied to me on Skype about teaming at APEX... don't worry we gonna **** :D

Though we should try get a lot of practice on Wifi... a well-oiled double Ganon team sounds absolutely terrifying. We can video chat with skype and talk strategy and **** during the matches, it should be awesome.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Cool, looks good Ex.

Oh and I just realized that you replied to me on Skype about teaming at APEX... don't worry we gonna **** :D

Though we should try get a lot of practice on Wifi... a well-oiled double Ganon team sounds absolutely terrifying. We can video chat with skype and talk strategy and **** during the matches, it should be awesome.
damnit you copycats, me and dirt are already going double ganon
wifi double ganon doubles practise for us 4? i think so

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Cool, looks good Ex.

I used to dislike them because it felt like a handicap, but I've come to like them 'cause it feels cool as a Ganon to, for once, be in the advantageous element. :ganondorf:

Also, sounds good! Though, I won't have WiFi for a while. I'm gonna be moving on the 23rd , and I probably won't have WiFi set up until a week or so after we arrive, which'll be like October 7th.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I used to dislike them because it felt like a handicap, but I've come to like them 'cause it feels cool as a Ganon to, for once, be in the advantageous element. :ganondorf:

Also, sounds good! Though, I won't have WiFi for a while. I'm gonna be moving on the 23rd , and I probably won't have WiFi set up until a week or so after we arrive, which'll be like October 7th.
brilliant. dibs green

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Verm I added you on facebook, so that random Damien guy is me.

Also lol, "King of Evil at Ganondorf".

Also I'm working on a new thread for these boards. Much less a technical thread than it is a mindset thread.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i see
for me, the mindset is 'trample them into the ground and make them lose all hope' instead of my ike/rob mindset of 'make sure to not get stuck in a bad position (i.e: mid-low offstage for ike, above the opponenet with rob) and tack on damage untill i get a kill'
because ganon kills with everything...im honestly probably best with ganon relatively, its just the fact hes such a bad character that makes my other characters much better lol

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well basically my thread is about putting yourself in the mindset of being a final boss.
Of a really easy game.
And getting around that to still win.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Those were... almost a little disappointing.

Dio has such a... non-Japanese playstyle lol. He never uses anything but UAir, DAir and BAir, rarely uses Gerudo and just generally doesn't do many things a knowledgeable Ganon should do/does. He's obviously a good player, as evidenced by his quick reactions, but the fundamentals impressed me way more than the Ganon itself.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I kinda agree with Verm. Dio sure is amazingly smart and I'm impressed on how good he is at recovering. I haven't seen him missing any Flipmans. But he forgets a lot of options. For example he pretty much only Flipmans or ledge jump from the ledge. I haven't seen him abusing Dtilt. He pretty much does the basics of Ganon: punishing like a real man.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I haven't watched the vids yet but if you were expecting flashiness from a japanese video disappointment was inevitable XD
It's typical for the japanese players to play as safely as possible and considering Dio's experience I'd say he knows what he's doing and why.

I'll be at a smashfest tomorrow, maybe I can catch some good replays of my Ganon there :cool:

:059:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
maybe so gheb, but with how technically inept i am, *** stuff usually feels flashy. but it was just...meh

also, i reckno at some point in the future the euro ganons needs to all rendezvouz at a tournament...i.e: me you, exalted and zigma

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
also, i reckno at some point in the future the euro ganons needs to all rendezvouz at a tournament...i.e: me you, exalted and zigma
Who are these people? o_0
The EU-Ganons that you will actually see at tourneys are G-Man, T and myself <_<

Edit: And agiito from france

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I haven't watched the vids yet but if you were expecting flashiness from a japanese video disappointment was inevitable XD
It's typical for the japanese players to play as safely as possible and considering Dio's experience I'd say he knows what he's doing and why.

I'll be at a smashfest tomorrow, maybe I can catch some good replays of my Ganon there :cool:

This could also be the reason he did great against someone like Nietono. Risking too much with Ganon can get you be severely punished, though playing it safe with Ganon is a very tough work so I think Dio deserves a merit. Now I understand that he used a lot of Usmash because it is one of Ganon's safest moves along the Uair/Bair/Dair and why didn't use many of the other options Ganon has, though I would still mix up more Ganon's options (especially get-up from ledge) because choosing the safest choice also makes you predictable. Gerudo gets punished very hard if you miss it. He plays much safer than we do in America and Europe, but that in practice can work just as well as risking a lot. Dio is seriously arguably as good as Ganons like Verm and DLA.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Who are these people? o_0
The EU-Ganons that you will actually see at tourneys are G-Man, T and myself <_<

Edit: And agiito from france

exalted and zigma, you know, standard ganons on the boards, nice people, good players
...zigma is european, right?

and sure, bring them too. why are so few people who play actually on the board? so upsetting :(

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I never heard about them going to a tournament so chances are you won't meet them <_<

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im honestly surprised you havent heard of them on here, considering your post count
exalted i summon thee to show you exist in europe

Exalted

Smash Lord
I would probably want to go to a tourney more than anyone, but the sad truth is, I simply can't.

And yes, I am 100% European.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I actually really like Dio's Ganon, if only for the fact that mine resembles his, platform work aside. He doesn't do stupid ****, which is great.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I noticed 3 things--two good and one bad.

1. He was doing a lot of retreating short hop FF Bair -> buffered reverse Dtilt (wow that's a mouthful)... in other words he does a retreating short hop Bair, times the fast fall so he doesn't get landing lag, and then buffers a reverse Dtilt. It looks very good, I've never seen that before and it looks awesome.

2. When he was getting up from the ledge, most of the time he ledge jumped and immediately double jumped and landed with a fast fall air dodge... also very good, I've never thought of that before, it's much safer than just ledge jumping and hoping you make it down safely.

3. Japan sucks at edgeguarding.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
The thing that just grates on me is how many opportunities he misses to punish. I'm divided on what to make of him. He's obviously smart and knows what he's doing and he does what he does with extreme proficiency, but what he does do is so limited.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, im not a fan of being so limited. we all have that move which isnt good, and we probably shouldnt use as much as we do. but we make it work XD
for me, it's u-smash, for some reason im so good with the boot

Breezy

Smash Ace
I make it a point to land at least one Utilt a tourney. Haven't missed one in months. Usually get it on randoms, but an Utilt is an Utilt.

Top Bottom