• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is HORRIBLE online

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganondorf's a defensive character, who can't go on the offense at all, you'll always need to find the perfect moment to punish your opponent throughout a match. Punishing and playing defensive online, is something you just can't do. Ganondorf's also a character who needs proper spacing to avoid taking in heavy damage. You can't space online. As Ganondorf mains, learning to powershield is a MUST. Powershielding online = lulz. You seriously CAN'T do it over a yellow connection. Now I know where all my pessimistic tendencies about Ganon come from. Don't play Ganon seriously over wifi.

stRIP

Smash Ace
I've been trying to tell this some guys like..dunno about 3-4 months ago and they didn't believe me at all.

Sticky!

PhantomX you need a word for stickying threads, like how you say Wizkick spiked when you close threads

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Why do you think I didn't care about my WiFi Ganon Trny match? Lol.

At least Ganondorf has range. Take all of Ganon's faults, take away the range, and you get Wario online... at least Ganon has a quick roll to abuse.

As for a word for stickying... hmm... I can't think of anything else I like to do as much as I like to wizkick spike, lol. I'll think of one soon enough.

Maybe Down Taunt... cuz that's the one I always use.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
... wut?

I only play Ganondorf over wi-fi. It's not like there's money on the line.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I lol at the fact that this is stickied. At least the lag helps make his moves like Dtilt virtually unpunishable. Ganon handles like a shopping cart in an oil slick in bad connections though.

TP

Smash Master
You forgot to mention that online, u can't d-air spam properly and do it very fast for that matter.
Quit C-sticking that ****, *****.

Ganon = Horrible
WiFi = Horrible
Ganon on WiFi = Horriblific

:034:

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
PhatomX remember that I asked you in the our Q&A Thread ? About Advices of How to play well with Ganon over WiFi.

That's it... I knew that Ganon SUCKS in WiFi. Too Bad for him.

Kalm, If we, Ganon Mainers could Fix it ... lulz
It's almost impossible.

For those who play in AiB with Ganondorf... Don't waste your time...

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Play with Ganondorf over wifi is crazy.. Many of my Kills comes from Spikes over Wifi, too bad.. I like a lot his Fsmash and see my opponent dying with Dark Flames is very satisfying, but Unfortunately its terrible if used over Wifi.. If used, Prepare to get Punished.

I stopped to play in AiB with Ganon.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Over here, there's really no big difference between WIFI & Offline. Yes I'm serious.
There's no problem what so ever punishing Snake's 2:nd Ftilt with a Dtilt of your own.

However, when I play people all around the word, I totally freak out. lol ^^

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
i seem to be good on wifi, or maybe its just because i can't really play w/any1 offline. on wifi i usually try to disguise all my moves so that i can start up combos

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Over here, there's really no big difference between WIFI & Offline. Yes I'm serious.
I think WIFI don't allows you to perform your true Tricks . Honestly, There's really no big difference between WIFI and Offilne ?

Why dude ?

Our Ganons Offline is much better than Online.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Ganondorf's a defensive character, who can't go on the offense for ****, you'll always need to find the perfect moment to punish your opponent throughout a match.

Punishing, and playing defensive online = You just can't do it.

Ganondorf's also a character who needs proper spacing to avoid taking in heavy damage.

Spacing online = You can't do it.

As Ganondorf mains, learning to powershield is a MUST.

Powershielding online = lulz. You seriously CAN'T do it over a yellow connection.

Now I know where all my pessimistic tendencies about Ganon comes from. Don't play Ganon seriously over wifi.
Ganon's actually good in lag... his f-smash ain't legit. But on the other hand recovering in lag can be a *****, so it's a double edge sword.

CO18

Smash Hero
Hmm nothing better than not being able to punish any of ganons strong laggy moves or seeing a fully charged fsmash from awhile away and getting hit by it. This thread is funny.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Hmm nothing better than not being able to punish any of ganons strong laggy moves or seeing a fully charged fsmash from awhile away and getting hit by it. This thread is funny.
If I could punish D3's grab on reaction online, then Ganon's "laggy" moves are punishable.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
If I could punish D3's grab on reaction online, then Ganon's "laggy" moves are punishable.
I'm sorry but that is just impossible. There is no way you can react to a 6 frame grab with input delay. Even offline reacting to a 6 frame attack is near the limit of human capacity. It isn't even very noticeable animation wise and doesn't make any kind of distinct noises.

Edit: Lol woops misread that. It is possible to punish if it whiffs which is what you were probably refering to.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ganon's actually good in lag...
I don't think so.

A big part of his gameplay involves Tech chasing, which doesn't even excist on WIFI.
(Not just Gerudo Tech Chasing)

And some of his best techniques doesn't even excist;
Gerudo -> iDA
Flipman
Thunderstorming + follow ups (Well timed)

His best attack ends up beeing the grounded Warlord Kick >_>' (Seriously)

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Ganon's actually good in lag... his f-smash ain't legit. But on the other hand recovering in lag can be a *****, so it's a double edge sword.
Sorry SNO, I can't Agree with you.. No Way.

As Ray Kalm said, Lag ruins the Ganondorf's Playstyle.

I would say, "Ganon is actually GOOD in Lag than Bowser..."

*For Example:

Uair Edge-Guard, It's Horrible to perform in Lag. For Those who use C-Stick to perform this.. it's a Sacrifice. So Annoying in Lag. Plus, C-Stick is TERRIBLE in Online Matches.

ul7r05

Smash Cadet
I hate to admit it, but

I played AiB for about 3 days already (it's been months since I've played Brawl due to my Wii not reading the game) using Ganondorf, and holy Sh!7 is it pointless. I really thought I could possibly stand a chance against some people, but nothing. I can't recover well, my moves aren't registering at the exact moment I input or buffer, and my blood pressure goes into a peak especially when I ****ing suicide!! I give up online, **** Ganon online! :mad::mad:

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I played AiB for about 3 days already (it's been months since I've played Brawl due to my Wii not reading the game) using Ganondorf, and holy Sh!7 is it pointless. I really thought I could possibly stand a chance against some people, but nothing. I can't recover well, my moves aren't registering at the exact moment I input or buffer, and my blood pressure goes into a peak especially when I ****ing suicide!! I give up online, **** Ganon online! :mad::mad:
Please, don't waste your time playing with Ganon in Online Matches anymore.

Dude, Online matches don't say if you're good or not.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Ganon online requires lots and lots and lots of muscle memory.

I play my ganon online all the time, and I've thunderstomped falco's out of phantasms and done other ridiculous things that don't make sense. If you want to be good at online then close your eyes and listen to Ganon. Try to time his thunderstomping perfectly. It helps offline too, but online you need that timing, because the normal visual cues that you get to start your next jump after an AC is not there. It's delayed. So most people are really slow online. I used to always screw up my ACs.

Zakosai

Smash Apprentice
Ganon online requires lots and lots and lots of muscle memory.

I play my ganon online all the time, and I've thunderstomped falco's out of phantasms and done other ridiculous things that don't make sense. If you want to be good at online then close your eyes and listen to Ganon. Try to time his thunderstomping perfectly. It helps offline too, but online you need that timing, because the normal visual cues that you get to start your next jump after an AC is not there. It's delayed. So most people are really slow online. I used to always screw up my ACs.
I agree with this statement and would like to add that I think that online experience can come in handy offline in mysterious ways.

For example, have you ever had to play Brawl on a laggy HDTV? It can be frustrating but I think that for people who play online a lot, the adjustment to input delay is so much smoother.

Here's my story (you can stop reading if you want):

So I live in an area where nobody takes Brawl seriously and I have been playing online a lot to get human experience. One day I go to a tourney out of state and find out that I will be playing Brawl on a big projector screen, which is notorious for input delay.

I start my first match against a super spammy Wolf and much to my surprise:

I COULD ACTUALLY APPROACH WOLF!

On a laggy projector, I could walk right up to Wolf power-shielding the entire way through. You could only imagine my surprise after all the months I spent on wifi struggling against all manner of projectile to come to a tournament and rip apart blasters and arrows and such with my mighty shield, and on a laggy projector screen!

That is why I think that online experience is frustrating, but can be a great trial-by-fire approach to improvement (especially without offline people to play in the local area).

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I heard that too a few days ago. :O

Horrible or not (yes horrible), I'm gonna keep playing Ganon online. I only really worry about Falco, Marth, and G&W. At the same time though I hate fighting them online no matter who I use. Them and their stupid huge hitboxes and aerial cancels and ridiculous gimps and lucky shots and stuff. >=/

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I seem to be able to space and punish well enough online. In fact I find it easier to punish with Ganon than with Ike both offline and online (ACd Dair makes it easy). I've been playing online tournaments and matches for a long time so the timing for things like power-shielding is second nature, you just have to identify the amount of input lag when a match starts. Sure it's harder, but it's possible.

I don't know what you mean by spacing is impossible online, that's just ridiculous. I can space just as well online as offline, it doesn't require precise timing, it requires control. Once you learn to buffer things with the input lag it's not really any different from offline, except that you're that much better than anyone who can't buffer anything properly.

WiFi is like anything else in life, including offline Brawl. It just takes practice.

:034:

Top Bottom