• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is HORRIBLE online

CO18

Smash Hero
Actually he lost to another one as well named bloodynite. Cuz ganon is soooo bad online.

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
Lol.... why do you hate Ganondorf players so much? Is it our fault he seems to be the worst character in the game, and there's even a tier list, and matchup list supporting that belief?

ssmashbropro

Smash Rookie
idk wut some of u r talkin about by sayin u cant play with ganon online. I do all the time... he's just not always my best :D mostly depends on the connection ive played some were its like playin in person (minus trash talk) others r good enof to play in... but not with ganon.

stRIP

Smash Ace
ive quitted ganon online completely. Its like, if you are playing online you cant play him online. Spacing, powershielding, dodges punishing and all the stuff. if you are playing ganon very actively online you will have a hard time to beat opponents offline with him.

so ive decided to quit Ganon online :0

CO18

Smash Hero
Lol.... why do you hate Ganondorf players so much? Is it our fault he seems to be the worst character in the game, and there's even a tier list, and matchup list supporting that belief?
How do I hate ganon players? lol I was just being sarcastic in the fact that this thread says ganondorf is horrible online which hes not.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
How do I hate ganon players? lol I was just being sarcastic in the fact that this thread says ganondorf is horrible online which hes not.
Can you please stop trolling here? You don't main Ganon, nor do you second him, how would you know that he's not terrible online?

CO18

Smash Hero
lol Ive used ganon online and used to play vs koskinator online very often who also agrees ganon is buffed online btw. Im not even trolling so I dunno what youre talking about.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
lol Ive used ganon online and used to play vs koskinator online very often who also agrees ganon is buffed online btw. Im not even trolling so I dunno what youre talking about.
Weren't you the one who told me that you beat Koskinator 3/4th of the matches you had with him?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've played more Offline/Lagless Matches than most Ganons.
He really is **** online compared to offline.
Then again, he's crap anyway.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Wifi is pretty much crap for just about everybody.

The reason why it seems like it takes such a toll on Ganondorf is because he sucks as it is already. To even try to compete with higher tiers or other really good players, you have to play three times as hard and precise when you're competing. It's hard to be so precise with lag. But you know what, every very good player is going to have to be precise with their character. It just comes down to whether or not you have the adaptability and good sense to know what is possible in your situation and what you can execute.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter. If you got a problem with playing on wifi, adapt or don't play it.

EDIT: To PhantomX, not to judge your mod skillz or anything, but I don't really see a point to this thread being open >.>

TP

Smash Master
Doesn't online mean landing his overpowered attacks are easier to land?
Online usually means friendlies, which means people won't be camping you as hard as they could. You can't get near them if the REALLY want to win and they are using a campy character.

:034:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Ganondorf's smashes are buffed in lag. You can't deny that. F-smash is harder to react to.

.Marik

is a social misfit
And despite the fact Ganondorf sucks online, Ray Kalm beat Metatitan's Jigglypuff, which is a beast online.

Lol contradictions.

<3

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
Good thing that I only play woth green/blue connections.

This thread doesn't speak for me.

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
I think sonic, :falcon:, and other characters that require faster button inputs are harder to play online than GANONDOHF. Think about it.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I think sonic, :falcon:, and other characters that require faster button inputs are harder to play online than GANONDOHF. Think about it.
Difficulty online relys on 2 things how hard is spacing with the character, and how much does your character rely on reacting to the oppenents moves.

Sonic is easy online because he forces the opponent to react while you can just input your attack string ahead of time and force them to guess sure you can't change mixups on the fly but trust me its p. gay.

Ganon is meh online I think he is a bit better than he is offline in some ways, mainly because f-smash mind games can be fatal with lag but then other parts of ganon's game go down hill.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Sadly, I have no choice but to take mine seriously online. No tournaments within a 150+ miles of me, and no way of reaching them at present. Though, I'm particular about the locations of people I play, so I mostly have green/blue connections.

But, nonetheless, unpredictable connections with the brilliance of WiFi can be trying. Dair buffers turn into dsmashes, and uair buffers turn into usmashes. Can't buffer for **** period.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I wished my u-air buffers turned into u-smashes.
U-tilts are what wifi assumes I'm trying to do constantly.
I'd be happier if u-tilt did nothing, despite the embarrassing kills I sometimes get with it.

Top Bottom