• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Thankfully, they think one must have 90%+ to be able to attack Ganon..
But it's more like 40%+, I believe.
Further more, they don't DI Up+Towards Ganon; well that's good.

The Yeti

Smash Cadet
i didn't want to search around for an answer so i thought i'd just ask here. how do i use down b as an edge guard? it's got good spiking ability but if i use it off the edge i ususally end up killing myself, even after i do it at the height of my double jump. help?

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
i didn't want to search around for an answer so i thought i'd just ask here. how do i use down b as an edge guard? it's got good spiking ability but if i use it off the edge i ususally end up killing myself, even after i do it at the height of my double jump. help?
I saw a guy using it as an effective edgeguard. You just space yourself about 1-1.5 character lengths away. After they grab the ledge, if you can predict them, SH and Wizkick. If you spaced and timed it right, they get spiiiiked.

I'll see if I can find the vid.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I'd only initiate a down-b off the edge if a) you were in the top corner area and recovering AND b) some fool is coming up to get you and the angle is too much to stomp his ***.
Something like 2:15 onward in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtU1B2gR8DU (I'm the guy who got douched)

Otherwise, doing as divilenta noted above is a good idea. If the guy is on the ledge and you're on the stage, space yourself so you can do a short hopped down-b and hit the guys fingers. Sometimes this will spike him.

I believe @home had a spiking combo video with a bunch of these in them, let me find it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Q72qUFTy0

:034:

Smash Hero
Some stages feature a main platform that you can enter from below. Characters with multiple jumps can use this to their advantage, which is called Sharking. Down B is useful in spiking them back... Not to mention really fancy.

Geekhead

Smash Apprentice
I want to know if this technique is already known. I will explain this in detail and I might even add a movie.

here it goes

This technique only works at pirate ship. What happens is if there is a ledge guarder on the bow of the ship, gannon will do his gueredo and go right through the bow of the ship and the opponent will get spiked under the ship. This works because if there is a ledge guarder that has had some practice, or if they are just waiting for you to come back up and **** you, they go under without knowing what happened. I have used this in my last tourney and 2 stocked 2 really great players.

If someone wants me to post a vid to go more in detail, i'll do it.

If this is already known, then scratch this.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I want to know if this technique is already known. I will explain this in detail and I might even add a movie.

here it goes

This technique only works at pirate ship. What happens is if there is a ledge guarder on the bow of the ship, gannon will do his gueredo and go right through the bow of the ship and the opponent will get spiked under the ship. This works because if there is a ledge guarder that has had some practice, or if they are just waiting for you to come back up and **** you, they go under without knowing what happened. I have used this in my last tourney and 2 stocked 2 really great players.

If someone wants me to post a vid to go more in detail, i'll do it.

If this is already known, then scratch this.
It's known. Water-Canceled Gerudos are too good.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Never gerudo into the water unless they get hit by the ship. After water-canceling, your opponent gets first reaction. If they have a quick aerial or spike, you're fragged.

And yes, this is well-known.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Never gerudo into the water unless they get hit by the ship. After water-canceling, your opponent gets first reaction. If they have a quick aerial or spike, you're fragged.

And yes, this is well-known.
That's the only instance I'd use WCG; I'm well aware of the lag.

@HomE

Smash Ace
It was @Home's vid that I saw it in. He seems to use it quite often.

Hell yea, thanks for the props. I use to LOVE the DBS(Down-B spike) To be honest tho, i havent really used the DBS in my game much recently.... But i think ill start to.

I remember practicing on computers alot and it seemed to help, Just put it on a low Lvl knock them onto the edge, and try to SH right before they jump onto the stage, and Down-B right away for the sexiest spike you have seen in ages. :)

This could be useful(if you got real good at it) because i dont think anyone would see it coming..

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Can anyone tell me what frame ganon's jab is IASA on? Thank you.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
How do you double-reverse WP? I've heard it being used as a recovery, but I don't know how to do it.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
As you're flying away from the stage (facing the stage) tap away from the stage and immediately hit b (after releasing the analog stick). Then hold toward the stage.

This will result in you starting a warlock punch facing away from the stage and swiveling in the air toward the stage.

On a side note, I'd avoid this in any serious match, it just leaves you too open for too long.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
sidestep..
That doesn't seem viable during an approach, and I could be wrong, but I think his grab lasts long enough to grab you during the end anyway.
Is there any way to get past his grab during an approach? Most of the time I'm trying to approach from the air to get around the grab, but if I land behind they just pivot.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
As you're flying away from the stage (facing the stage) tap away from the stage and immediately hit b (after releasing the analog stick). Then hold toward the stage.

This will result in you starting a warlock punch facing away from the stage and swiveling in the air toward the stage.

On a side note, I'd avoid this in any serious match, it just leaves you too open for too long.
Thanks. Now...to fly vertically!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Dont want to open an own thread for it

I searched for Music in my combo video..and i think i will take this 2 songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIQr5W4AGcI&fmt=18

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIN8myrMrWA&fmt=18

Do you think it will fit into my combo video?
They were pretty cool..
But what do you have in mind for the intro?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I got a favor to ask...
Could someone test and see which characters that CAN spotdodge the Wizkick, and which ones that CAN'T?
I dunno, maybe I'm out on thin ice here, cause maybe
all characters can Spotdodge it ?_?

If anyone feels like testing it, a thread would be nice! : )

stRIP

Smash Ace
sry 4 doublepost but: WTF

I played some matches vs my brawlmate #1 Tham

We played on a lot of counterpicks

then we played luigis mansion

the terrain was even (is that english?xD)

i had a gerudo on him but...WTF, he airdodged directly after it and doesnt fall to the ground. He flight out of it

We recorded the matches, and Tham will upload this scene today evening maybe

Discuss until there. If i got the video i make a thread to it

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
- I hope that was a one-time-only-glitch ¤_¤'

If it proves to be something that can screw Ganon up for most/all characters, then I suggest you don't make a new thread about it -_-'

stRIP

Smash Ace
- I hope that was a one-time-only-glitch ¤_¤'

If it proves to be something that can screw Ganon up for most/all characters, then I suggest you don't make a new thread about it -_-'

Everyone hopes this now i think

we wait for the video^^

edit: ok Tham came home. he wanted to convert the video...but .. fail. He has only the sound. ****!

Tham

Smash Apprentice
ok guys, sry^^
i didnt use the dvd-rekorder for a few days
it seems that it didnt has enough energy to save all the options right, so it restarted everything
i had wrong options (i recored PAL, but i needed to rekord NTSC)
well ... thats why i just recorded the sound :/ but i think that doesnt help much ...

sorry, guys ...

the sceenery was like this:
Luigis mansion
just the down floor still exists, upper floor was destroyded by stRIPs upsmashs
i think we were both in the air, gerudo hit me, i dodged and ... stRIP taunted, i rested xD

ill try that with my bro now, hopefully i can get it
(well, i think the ganonboard hopes that i wont get it^^)

stRIP

Smash Ace
ok guys, sry^^
i didnt use the dvd-rekorder for a few days
it seems that it didnt has enough energy to save all the options right, so it restarted everything
i had wrong options (i recored PAL, but i needed to rekord NTSC)
well ... thats why i just recorded the sound :/ but i think that doesnt help much ...

sorry, guys ...

the sceenery was like this:
Luigis mansion
just the down floor still exists, upper floor was destroyded by stRIPs upsmashs
i think we were both in the air, gerudo hit me, i dodged and ... stRIP taunted, i rested xD

ill try that with my bro now, hopefully i can get it
(well, i think the ganonboard hopes that i wont get it^^)
No it was a ground gerudo, and you immediatly airdodged after ganondorf released his dark purple from the sideb, and you just flown away. Not fallen to the ground or anything (MY ENGLISH SUX!)

Tham

Smash Apprentice
ok, so i fail xD
but i really dodged (mashed R^^)
****, why didnt i record that ...

dunno what happened there

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Scenario1 :
Snake flies too high for me to edgeguard when recovering with his up+b.
And when he comes down he airdodge -> spotdodge/roll/Shield

Which are the best ways of punishing his up+b landing, in your opinion?

Scenario2:
Snake pulls out a 'nade when falling after his up+b.

Best ways of dealing with this?

stRIP

Smash Ace
Scenario:
Snake flies too high for me to edgeguard when recovering with his up+b.
And when he comes down he airdodge -> spotsodge/roll/Shield

Which are the best ways of punishing his up+b landing, in your opinion?
The most ones are airdodging after the end of UpB. Just predict it and punish it after it

i hope that is what u mean

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
The best way I've found with people who love to airdodge while falling is just delay your attack. Jump up to meet them and fall with them as they airdodge. Then u-air. They'll catch on after the first one naturally but then you'll both be playing the guessing game instead of just you.

The nade thing I'd just choke him when he landed.
Or attack him in the air. Doesn't hitting him when he's falling with the grenade hurt him with both my attack and the grenade blast? It's been a while since I've fought a snake honestly.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Scenario 2:
- I wonder if a well spaced Fair can hurt him + make the 'nade explode on him, and as a bonus the well spaced Fair negates YOU taking damage?
Or would the 'nade be canceled to both players?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If I said there is a high chance of Pikachu being able to CG Ganon to 90% (after further testing after more important characters are tested) what would you do?

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
What can we do. Sheik can already tilt us to 90%. IC's can grab us to death, literally. Pikachu is just another douchebag match-up to add to our large list of douchebag match-ups.

Top Bottom