• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamingetc Tourney #2, 5/22/10 - Results

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I guess I acted a bit immaturely. I got home from a 2 day trip to Boston that I really didn't want to go to. When I come home and see Cheese bragging in several threads that he beat "Atomsk", only to find out that it was his ROB, I got a little annoyed and posted.

It irks me.
The only mildly braggy one in there was the one about Jersey underestimating me; I just reverse troll them a little, lol. Listing my wins for the season? It was my third tourney, so I put up my PR stats since I'm officially eligible, xD. You're just being silly and trying to instigate. Atomsk going ROB vs DDD or MK is a SMART strategic decision, ICs beat DDD badly, and I'm pretty good against MK, plus I often struggle with the CG against ROB, so why would you even bring that up? Saying I beat Atomsk is different than bragging about it. "I ***** atomsk, or LOL I'M SO GOOD I BEAT ATOMSK" are very different than what I said, and would consititute bragging, nice try though. When someone calls you a bad player, you list notable wins (ie: IC thread).

@Atomsk, in case you're reading this: I'm sure you understand I'm not bragging or anything, but just to be clear, I'll say it outright. You're an amazing player and we had a very close set, amazing games :). I'm glad I finally took a set off you, hope it's the start of much closer sets between us than the past ones have been.

Allied

Smash Master
Shoutouts to orion cheese, atomsk and everyone else

ur all beasts

yeah plans changed and ride canceled then NYC tournament got canceled i just decided to stay home and save my money

also working on a potential job, driving everywhere? Yes.

Cya all on saturday (whatever tournament that is.)

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
**** Stratford, not coming back.

:psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:

Seriously, I keep having to play the same people over and over again, even when NJ/NY are in the picture. Played Orion first round twice in a row at tourneys we're both at (heero's then today). And I just played Pwii at Doom's last weekend (only I got his Yoshi this time). Gimme Wyatt :(

GGs all, I'm not there yet unfortunately.

Cya all on saturday (whatever tournament that is.)
YO, QUAKER INN NEXT WEEKEND. HYPE YO

Allied

Smash Master
**** stratford, not coming back.

:psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:

Seriously, i keep having to play the same people over and over again, even when nj/ny are in the picture. Played orion first round twice in a row at tourneys we're both at (heero's then today). And i just played pwii at doom's last weekend (only i got his yoshi this time). Gimme wyatt :(

ggs all, i'm not there yet unfortunately.

Yo, quaker inn next weekend. Hype yo
wat 0_o

we out to mass

Cable

Smash Lord
Good **** to Cheese congrats buddy you keep improving ppl have to realize to stop underestimating you its not a good thing.

Orion gj ****** coming out of nowhere

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I wouldn't feel bad about losing to Cheese and tbh no one should at this point.

He's one of the best players in Atlantic North now.

Good stuff Orion and Cheese. And of course wyatt

Prawn

Smash Master
i took wyatt to game 3

(disregard that he went peach game 1)

am i da bess yet

shoutouts later, i cant believe i placed what i did losing to the people i lost to... :/

Sails

Smash Ace
I had a blast watching ADHD play. He doesn't just play Diddy, he is Diddy. :laugh: Good fun, loved the venue but it could have been far less cramped. Perhaps next time the same day as a YuGiOh tournament wouldn't be the best choice :p

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Should've entered singles so people would leave me shoutouts. It makes me feel loved.

This tourney was really fun, despite it being small and ONLY $5 DOUBLES ENTRY FEE! >:O Step it up NE, the more seriously you guys take the game the better your region will get. I'm a little Mortons about driving a total of 230 miles this weekend to only make $28. :/

On a more positive note, the venue is in a really convenient location for NJ/NY to get to (though I heard it's even farther for most of NE). The venue is also really big and spacious, should talk to the venue owners about increasing the amount of room we're allowed to use. **** YGO kids.

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah I think it'd be like a 3 and a half hour drive for me, still want to come to one of these eventually maybe, considered coming to this but there's a comicon tournament like 20 minutes away today so going to that instead lol

good **** cheese you've improved so rapidly

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Thiocyanide - OMG CYANIDE WHEN DID YOU GET SO GOOD?! Nah, but for real, we're a great team and I think we'd hold some **** down if we kept teaming together. Let me know what the next tournament you can make is and whether you'll be with Anti or not. Good **** winning singles.

Fatal - You coulda had him! Good **** making money for dat juice, need to work on the Diddy matchup a little bit and you'll be able to take Wyatt.

Bizkit - Nice job in singles. Btw, get spiked THREE times!

Cheese - Not bad. If only you had Orion instead of Atomsk...btw, get ***** by Bizkit in losers.

Orion - Great job taking out Atomsk today. Keep practicing and you'll be placing well all over. I'll be sure to let you know whenever I'm in Passaic.

Atomsk - Stop picking ROB. :( Subway was a good time. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

Bloodcross - Impressive stuff. Work on maintaining your leads more!

Zucco - :( Keep your head up, little dude. Don't hate the game, it's fun if you let it be.

Prawn - Stepping it up for sure. Good **** beating TeeVee.

Ling Ling - Your DDD and Kirby are great. Fun friendlies pre-tournament. Wario vs. DDD is soooo gay!

Tempest - Commentary was fun. We should play sometime, gotta see how you stack up to my man Kirin.

TeeVee - No prom johns, dawg. Luckily mine is on a Thursday.

P_wii - LOL THIS KID IS THE FUNNIEST MOTHER****ER EVER ROFL GOOD **** CARPOOL WITH ME EVERYWHERE

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
When someone calls you a bad player, you list notable wins (ie: IC thread).
Actually, you should just keep improving and making your wins vs good players more consistent so that eventually anyone who says anything bad about you will just look stupid.

Sounds like you're at the point where you're starting to get really good, but it's at this point that most players at this level stop improving, and they get random wins against good players, and sometimes random losses against bad players...And instead of improving, they just debate online about their wins/losses.

You- Oh I beat "X! When's the last time you've beaten X?"

Opponent troll- "Well I haven't beaten X, but I beat "Y" who has beaten "X" all 3 tourney sets, and the only reason I didn't beat X is cuz of an SD at the end.

So, I would say from this point on don't even worry about posting online and debating with people. Instead, be more like Anti and just **** everyone so everyone starts talking about you online, and you don't even have to say anything.

Hi Anti.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Doom, we if teams were 10 each, 4-5 of the teams who signed up wouldn't have. so it woulda been a 3 team tournament. is that really better?
eventually everyone brakes into it. imo i remember not entering teams when it turned to 10, and i remember people *****ing about it.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
So, I would say from this point on don't even worry about posting online and debating with people. Instead, be more like Anti and just **** everyone so everyone starts talking about you online, and you don't even have to say anything.

Hi Anti.
Lulz i dun get it.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I already talked to the dood, told him next time we should space out the tables from the couches more. Also, I'm pretty sure 3 teams on there wouldn't have entered if it were $10 a person, which would have made doubles practically pointless.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Lulz i dun get it.
My point was, instead of remaining a mid-high level player, and spend time debating on smashboards about who you beat and lose to, its best to just get so good that you rarely ever lose, then you won't even have to say anything or defend yourself.

I could have said "Be like M2K and beat everyone" but since you are in this thread and I kinda know you, I decided to throw out your name instead lol.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
My point was, instead of remaining a mid-high level player, and spend time debating on smashboards about who you beat and lose to, its best to just get so good that you rarely ever lose, then you won't even have to say anything or defend yourself.

I could have said "Be like M2K and beat everyone" but since you are in this thread and I kinda know you, I decided to throw out your name instead lol.
oh yup trufaxxxx:)

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
So like, totally was supposed to go to this, but having to wake up at 6:15 am to be on time johns. Needless to say, that didn't happen xD

I woke up at 9:15am and went "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" out loud.

Cheese is seeming to do well out of state now, but **** if I don't claim that 5th spot in the NY PR. Seriously, I feel like I have been stuck at 6th forever. Fight me for it Cheese!!! lolol

Prawn

Smash Master
1: Thiocyanide (ADHD) ($95.00) (Split) - i hate your diddy
2: Fatal ($76.00) (Split) - i hate your face
3: Bizkit ($19.00) - i hate you losing to cheese in winners
4: Cheese - i hate you losing to bizkit in losers
5: Orion - i hate losing to your snake
5: Atomsk - i hate you not CPing a good stage vs cheese LOOL
7: Bloodcross - eh
7: Zucco (Forfeit in Losers) - dont forfeit!
9: Prawn - awful
9: Ling Ling - fun in our mm
9: Tempest - im gonna look at your bracket and compare it to mine lol
9: Pelca - same as tempest
13: Tymer - ggs in friendlies
13: Hobo? - ggs in our mm
13: Shurely - sup
13: TeeVee - ggs
17: Pwii - i wanted to play yew!
17: Soray - hello
17: Sails - hello

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Come to think of it Atomsk could of CP'ed MK + Brinstar/RC for GGs. But i guess nawt.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
So like, totally was supposed to go to this, but having to wake up at 6:15 am to be on time johns. Needless to say, that didn't happen xD

I woke up at 9:15am and went "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" out loud.

Cheese is seeming to do well out of state now, but **** if I don't claim that 5th spot in the NY PR. Seriously, I feel like I have been stuck at 6th forever. Fight me for it Cheese!!! lolol
You can have 5th, I'll just move up further :).

heh. <4

stingers

Smash Obsessed
congrats to cheese and orion for doing good. and of course fatal for bein the best snake in the US

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
the region of snakes..
Wait I only see two up there lol
what happened??
anyway good stuff peeps

Top Bottom