• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAMEZONE Orlando, FLORIDA ( GONNA BE MELEE! )

-Spike-

Smash Ace
I decided that im just going to stay home for this one. Sorry adrock and gamezone! Its just that CO18 and hrnut are teaming, and I wouldnt have time to enter singles. Ima just stay home and not risk missing my event. Good looking out with everything. The only way I may show up is in the rare instance CO18 doesn't show up. Beside that I'm just gonna stay home and practice like hell. I gotta step my single game up. (been focusing on doubles too much!) Ill be ready for Florida Gaming. And im going to come hard! Be warned!!! LOL

TEECO

Smash Ace
Im confused about the prices of this tourny, can you please make it clear?

5 Dollar singles would be nice

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I want to go, of course I have work.

We'll see what happens. I want to get some more singles training in.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
you'd get a lot more people with $5 singles

probably 2-3 times as many.

$10 is just too much for these tournaments that are all happening one week after the other

the only other idea I had was $8 singles and $7 per person doubles, which would add up to $15 for both. You'd still get less people because of the price, but at least it would be an even number

regardless, $5 is still the best option if you want a great tournament.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
the problem is advertisment, not enough people are coming because the word isn't getting out.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Maybe if one of us were to make a tournament page on Aib it would help a little bit.
Let me know, and i'll be happy to do it.

Rx has a valid point.

Gamezone, Gathering Place, Gamezone, FL Gaming, WATO..
For people that aren't winning tournaments this is a problem. 5 dollars ftw both tournaments imo.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Pirate-chan might come. Other wise, The Backyard Boyz will unite once more to take high place at GZ...but first! I need to contact my partner so we can train this week.

As for my Lucas goes...thanks for remind me about this tourney @_@

I littary was thinking of playing melee this week but then I herd of this tourney...so I am like. "You guys did brawl...when are you guys doing melee?" Ya know...brawl...then melee...it works...so...Do that! :D

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Maybe if one of us were to make a tournament page on Aib it would help a little bit.
Let me know, and i'll be happy to do it.

Rx has a valid point.

Gamezone, Gathering Place, Gamezone, FL Gaming, WATO..
For people that aren't winning tournaments this is a problem. 5 dollars ftw both tournaments imo.
Really good point I gotta take this into consideration...

TEECO

Smash Ace
For the people that only play this game to win money, hosts shouldn't care whether they like the price or not imo. I personally play this game because its my favorite one, and i have lots of fun playing it with my brawl friends. But of course, winning some chump change wouldn't be bad at all.

Smaller tournaments = Cheaper entry fees

Larger Tournaments = More expensive entry fees

;)

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
i'll see if i can make it $5 bucks this time guys
makes alot of valid points
and TEECO
that would be nice
as me being hated on AiB for not sucking up to a dbag haha

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Hey adrock, do you guys have fliers yet so I can pick some up? I'm going to GP today so I can make fliers for our next tourney. Let me know what time would be good to get some gamezone fliers.

Gindler

Smash Champion
For the people that only play this game to win money, hosts shouldn't care whether they like the price or not imo. I personally play this game because its my favorite one, and i have lots of fun playing it with my brawl friends. But of course, winning some chump change wouldn't be bad at all.

Smaller tournaments = Cheaper entry fees

Larger Tournaments = More expensive entry fees

;)
What'd PMs yoshi do to give you trouble? I always get ***** by ROBs :ohwell:

I think I'm teaming with hbox for this again it seems......don't be suprised if you see my zelda again =) but I'll mostly go peach and maybe do singles.
You looked like a zelda main at the GP tourney, went peach only like twice I was pretty disappointed :laugh:

TEECO

Smash Ace
Idk man, it was on wifi for one thing, but he spammed Up B and it made it very hard to fight him.
(It was a while back)

Alright adam, ima make the tourny page tonight.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
What'd PMs yoshi do to give you trouble? I always get ***** by ROBs :ohwell:

You looked like a zelda main at the GP tourney, went peach only like twice I was pretty disappointed :laugh:
No!!! Im a peach main. But against DDD and snake........OMG its too hard with her. So i used zelda. However all the other other matches I went peach.

Moolish

Smash Rookie
Ooooooo~.
AiB page?
Ohsnaaaaaaap.
-sees the $5 entry fee.-

TEECO, people are gunna get pissed if Adrock can't make the price $5. D:
I know I'd be pissed, coming to a very nice tourney only to be $5 short of entering, even though in my case, my daddy would have paid it for me. But most of ya'll don't come with your dads or moms, soo.. >__>;

Either way, I'm certainly going.
I just hope the prices get lower as more tournies pop up. x_x Otherwise I'd have to go JUST for friendly-hunting.

EDIT:
OHOHOHOHOH. Don't forget to award medals when the tourney is done. >_> IF any AiB peeps win. Shiny medals are always very nice. :)
I'm just sayin' because someone ALWAYS forgets and it takes weeks to get the pretty medal. ._.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Ok, ill change it to "either 5 or 10" until its certain.

Yeah yeah yeah, Ill try logging onto my AiB page AT the tourny to upload the results ^__^

EDIT: I need a partner for this... Galax??

gallax

Smash Hero
TEECO!!! dang man. im trying to get out of work early so i can make it. but for now im not getting out till 3 which is too late. aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! i really want to team with you.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Ooooooo~.
AiB page?
Ohsnaaaaaaap.
-sees the $5 entry fee.-

TEECO, people are gunna get pissed if Adrock can't make the price $5. D:
I know I'd be pissed, coming to a very nice tourney only to be $5 short of entering, even though in my case, my daddy would have paid it for me. But most of ya'll don't come with your dads or moms, soo.. >__>;

Either way, I'm certainly going.
I just hope the prices get lower as more tournies pop up. x_x Otherwise I'd have to go JUST for friendly-hunting.

EDIT:
OHOHOHOHOH. Don't forget to award medals when the tourney is done. >_> IF any AiB peeps win. Shiny medals are always very nice. :)
I'm just sayin' because someone ALWAYS forgets and it takes weeks to get the pretty medal. ._.
Must be nice to never have money johns for tourneys...

BumbleFuzz

Smash Rookie
Finally made an acct!
Took me long enough. Just in case ya'll don't know I am the guy that works at Game Zone. If you guys have any questions let me or Adrock know. If he doesn't get on for a bit or something along those lines. But glad to see some of the responses that are coming up on here. Me and Adrock will try and get the cost down for Saturday. I understand the situation at hand. But we will try and get it worked down a bit.
On another note. I am totally open to some tips on my gaming. I hope to get a wii sometime soon. Then I might pose a threat. No promises though.

Alan *Alah

gallax

Smash Hero
go watch some vids and try to replicate. if you want to join us smashers in a chat thats open you can go to

xat.com/HighVoltageClan

we are all friendly and if you want to post some vids of your gameplay/talk about strategies/just wanna talk go there.

BumbleFuzz

Smash Rookie
go watch some vids and try to replicate. if you want to join us smashers in a chat thats open you can go to

xat.com/HighVoltageClan

we are all friendly and if you want to post some vids of your gameplay/talk about strategies/just wanna talk go there.
awesome man. I might have to drop by there. I am getting some basics down pact. but yeah man Thx for the info. I am looking forward to saturday. Bring a friend! lol.

CO18

Smash Hero
I can't team with Hrnut for this lol. Im teaming with mk18 for this/fl gaming but everything after that up to genesis me and Hrnut can team. I had promised him these 2 tourneys.

edit: Also adrock/bumble fuzz not sure if you have seen. But florida is undergoing a changing of stages so we don't deviate nationally for OOS reasons since it's sort of pointless for us to have stages the rest of the nation doesn't have legal/ban stages that are legal.
Would you possibly consider changing the stage list to something of the sort.. Of course you can do whatever you want/use part of this and modify it a bit or whatever but just a suggestion.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Jungle japes(Optional)

BumbleFuzz

Smash Rookie
CO18: I see what you mean. We don't really want to be the odd man out for rules like that. I guess it's ultimately up to you (the smashers). But also Adrock has to decide on that. I'll run it by him. Chances are that it will be changed though.

Kinda surprised with Yoshi's story on the neutral stage... Not a fan of that stage.

In other news we are probably going to change the price back to $5 for this one. Since FL gaming is getting close. We are mostly doing this for better turnout. We want as many people to show as possible. We want a big turnout for a big prize. Also the bigger the turnout gives us better gaming. As always spread the word. We also hope to start Street Fighter 4 and other tournies soon, for those who are interested.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys! My comp has been down for a while so i haven't been able to get on
sorry for the inconvenience
but yes that is my co-worker Alah lol
So if any questions and you see Bumble Fuzz write back an answer
its not BS haha
So yes price is officially $5
Thank my boss when you see her ;D
So yes everyone down?
I know there are a lot of people who can't make it
but we are hoping everyone who can comes to have a great time
anyone interested for a melee tournament tambien?
let me know and anyideas go to me or Alan
call if anything
321-202-0169
-Adrock

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
I can't team with Hrnut for this lol. Im teaming with mk18 for this/fl gaming but everything after that up to genesis me and Hrnut can team. I had promised him these 2 tourneys.

edit: Also adrock/bumble fuzz not sure if you have seen. But florida is undergoing a changing of stages so we don't deviate nationally for OOS reasons since it's sort of pointless for us to have stages the rest of the nation doesn't have legal/ban stages that are legal.
Would you possibly consider changing the stage list to something of the sort.. Of course you can do whatever you want/use part of this and modify it a bit or whatever but just a suggestion.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise