• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameyard Showdown III: Nov. 27th - Garden City, MI - Lain, Anther, AND Judge? ****!

Roller

Smash Legend
For January date, whatever you do don't put it on SiiS4 date. And maybe not on VC9 or w/e that NJ tourney in January is. I know we were talking about it on the way back from Nope's, so it's possible some of MI could want to go.

Wish I could go to this one though. Sounds like it'll be ****.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
OH's coming! I wish I could come even though I wouldn't do very well as I've been playing so much more Melee. :( I heard the Winter is really easy as far as my job goes so they won't need me as much in January.

I guess I'll attempt to see you guys at Tutu's tournament.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Questions You May Ask...

Q. What time will the venue be open?
A. Gameyard physically opens at Noon. Registration for ALL events will be available as soon as I get the T.O. station set up.

Q. Are partial setups receiving discounts as well?
If we need them then yes. However, last time we had a surplus of full setups so it seems unlikely for now.

BRING FULL SETUPS!! FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE!

Q. What time you think we're going to be out of here?
A. The venue closes at Midnight so we'll have the place for 12 hours. If the we run past the time, they're usually nice about it and let us finish up. But I want to have everything done at Midnight.

Q. If I am late or think I will be, what should I do?
A.Call me mofukkah. My phone number is in the original post. I can still put you in the bracket if you are going to be a little late.

Q. YOOOOOOOO can I take a break?
A. Yes but don't take all day. I will be running a much tighter schedule this time. I can call if I need you to get your match and you're not at the venue. But I will DQ people if you put me in a situation where I have to for the sake of efficiency.

Q. Where can I get some food?
A. There is a Kmart right across the parking lot with various snacks and a food court. And there are plenty of places outside of the parking lot. McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, Hungry Howies's are all quite literally within a 5 minute car ride from Gameyard.

Q. What's the expected turnout for this?
A. Realistically, people will drop out within the next few days. So I will say around the mid 20s to low 30s range.

Q. Are we doing pools or straight bracket?
A. Pools unless for some ******** reason we are REALLY short on time.

Q. Can I help T.O?
A. Help is always appreciated as I may need it and I may end up being short on T.Os for this event. If I feel like you are experienced enough and know what to do I may recruit you as a Co. T.O and waive your venue. I will only do this for one person though(this is if I need it)

Q. Ohio is coming to this??
A. Yes :awesome:

Are you housing anyone else this week, Tech?
A. Possibly Friday. Ohio is trying to crash here Saturday so probably not.

So we are doing crews right?
A. If all goes well and smooth then yes. I'll being doing my best to make sure things do work out so we can finish off with crews.

Questions You May Ask...

Q. YOOOOOOOO can I take a break?
A. Yes but don't take all day. I will be running a much tighter schedule this time. I can call if I need you to get your match and you're not at the venue. But I will DQ people if you put me in a situation where I have to for the sake of efficiency.

lol the yooooooooo makes it pretty clear who this statement is directed at

ZTD | TECHnology

I'll know by tomorrow if I can host all you guys but not sure yet. I know I can host Shugo and King Beef but that's all I know right now.

EDIT: Why do my tournaments seem to take a turn for the craziness? LOL this is gonna be ridiculous!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that:

DellTheSmashStar from AllIsBrawl is looking for a ride to this.

Have fun on Saturday, guys.

TOPIX

Smash Apprentice
I can't go to this, tickets via train aren't worth the cost and I can't seem to find a reliable ride if I took a bus to Ann Arbor. Hope all goes well at the tournament though, really did want to go to this...

I will most definitely show up @ Tutu's tournament at UofM since it'll be much easier getting to the venue. But good luck to everyone attending Gameyard III (Message to Judge: YOU BETTER ****!!!)

clowsui

Smash Legend
I heard Blue Rogue might be here but I'm not certain. Links wanted a ride from Sole but Sole's riding with KB, so if Blue is gonna make it he's gonna be here w/ Links too and any other Akronites/Cantonites that want to make it

ZTD | TECHnology

Wow I am impressed at Ohio for ACTUALLY traveling down to MI for like the first time in ages. This is gonna be full of ****.

Omg just one more day I havent been this geeked for a tourney in a while.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Lain, Anther, AND Judge?

Maybe I should make a cameo appearance at this after the conclusion of the UM/OSU wombo combo football game.

ZTD | TECHnology

WTF TC, now I'm iffy I'm coming T.T. I need housing for Saturday, I aint driving home at super late.
Blame my roommate. His house, his rules. He doesn't want a whole bunch of people here he doesnt know. We had theft problems the last time I had a lot of people over....

@WTP: We're going to try to get things started around 5 or 5:30 hopefully.

Top Bottom