• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameyard Showdown III: Nov. 27th - Garden City, MI - Lain, Anther, AND Judge? ****!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Game Yard
29552 Ford Road
Garden City, MI 48135-2318
Get Directions

There are a few places to eat in the area within a bit of a walk and quite a few more if you're willing to drive a bit. There is a Kmart across the venue also.

Date and Times
11/27/10

12:00 - Venue opens, Registration for all events opens.
1:30 - Brawl Doubles registration ends.
2:00 - Brawl Doubles begins.
5:30 - Registration ends for Brawl Singles.
6:00 - Brawl Singles begin.
??:?? - 3 person crews begin. This is when all other events are completed.

Prices and Payout
Venue Fee - $5*
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person
*Venue fee will be refunded to anyone bringing a full setup who stays for the entire event. A full setup is a TV and a Wii with a copy of Brawl with all characters and legal stages unlocked. Fee will be refunded if someone brings a setup for doubles and leaves before singles starts.

Payouts will be:
Singles, >= 15 people
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Singles, < 15 people
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Rules: Brawl Edition
- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- King Dedede's standing infinites and ledge infinites are banned.

- Marth's infinites of Ness and Lucas are banned.

- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling is banned.

Stages: Brawl Edition
Starter:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise

Also, at least two of the setups will be HDTVs. Component cables will be used to minimize lag, however if you are still concerned there could be an issue you can request not to be put on them during registration and I'll do my best.

Contact

Tech_Chase - (248) 796-1479

Housing and Carpools
If anyone else if offering housing I will post it here. Also if anyone is offering carpooling services i will post it here also.

Setups

WE NEED SETUPS. Unless you want to play on those laggy HDTVs they have I suggest you guys bring televisions. If you plan on bringing a setup let me know.

Pictures

Gameyard II pictures: http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/AmbientHorizon/Smashboards/Gameyard2/

Allisbrawl Listing
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10806

Attendance List

1. Tech_Chase
2. Tutu
3. Gifts
4. King Beef
5. Shugo
6. Lain
7. Gio
8. Sparta Kick
9. Oblivion
10. Boxxy
11. Rizk7
12. DarkLouis (singles only)
13. Darkfire
14. Xatic
15. Coco
16. MythTrainerInfinity
17. Bigdaddy
18. Sumer
19. L_Cancel (?)
20. Lordhelmet (?)
21. What's The Point (crews only)
22. Ori (?)
23. Mew1000
24. AvariceX
25. BladeYKM
26. HyperactiveDucky
27.Bluedanes111
28. DRDN (?)
29. Acidyfox
30. Dellthesmasherstar
31. Hadesblaze
32. Lostmagic
33. Fl@me
34. TCF Leon
35. Topix
36. Yasu
37. Goddy

Roller

Smash Legend
Mehh, gonna be gone for Thanksgiving break. Sadness.

But this tourney should be ****. People should go. Except Tyrant. You stay in cali, away from MI's money. Our economy is bad enough as it is..

ZTD | TECHnology

^Yessir get ready for that double Wario.

Man I am still not over how lame that was last tournament about your partner. Oh well you got me :D

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Thanksgiving weekend? huge maybe on being able to attend this...

Edit: looked at the stage list. Hella gay stage list. Not gonna try and attend this, GL to all who do.

Edit2: I don't understand, if your issue was always seeing people go to SV, why would you make a stage that hard screws over a bunch of characters recoveries? pretty much Lylat has become an auto-strike for non-mk snake players along with YI and you pretty much just created a stage list where 90% of the time game 1 -SHOULD- start on SV.

I'm in a bad mood typing all this so i may be over reacting a bit, but my point still stands.

ZTD | TECHnology

Thanksgiving weekend? huge maybe on being able to attend this...

Edit: looked at the stage list. Hella gay stage list. Not gonna try and attend this, GL to all who do.

Edit2: I don't understand, if your issue was always seeing people go to SV, why would you make a stage that hard screws over a bunch of characters recoveries? pretty much Lylat has become an auto-strike for non-mk snake players along with YI and you pretty much just created a stage list where 90% of the time game 1 -SHOULD- start on SV.

I'm in a bad mood typing all this so i may be over reacting a bit, but my point still stands.

*statement retracted*

List updated to a more "conservative" fashion.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
tech i thought these were monthlies lol not 2 months,and plus it is thanksgiving weekend, any chance the date could go back a few days or something? + the new stage list is wack imo,ill have to auto strike YI and LC so my games will prolly be SV lol

ZTD | TECHnology

I won't be able to make it on 6th imo. The 13th is a Melee tournament and I dont want to interfere with it. The 20th is Nope's tournament in which I did want to go to that and a few other MI players will most likely be attending. That leaves the 27th.

And technically they are monthlies and if they're held once a month lol

And if so many people are so adverse to the starter list I suppose I can change it back since all I'd have to do is just switch Lylat and PS1 and its almost the same list as before minus Japes. It seems like I'm not going to hear the end of it anyway so I'll change it.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
well the only thing with the melee tourney is the fact that you arent even running melee in the first place :l

granted i know a few ppl might play both and have to decide which one

ZTD | TECHnology

I don't want to risk having someone accuse me of competing with SWEET if I held on the 13th so I'll just leave that one alone.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I don't want to risk having someone accuse me of competing with SWEET if I held on the 13th so I'll just leave that one alone.
Yeah I feel you on this one... The mi melee community is already on your back about the last tournament... I wouldn't risk it.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I can't guarantee I can show up now. My work posted a flyer saying that we can't request a day off on the 26th and 27th because it's Black Friday Weekend. We'll see.

I only occasionally have to work Saturdays.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Well Tech I hope you can find a substitute co-host for this, I have a family party on the 27th so I am afraid I will have to miss my first Michigan Tourney in 8 months D:

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Any chance Anther will be at this one too? I switched to Pika shortly before Apex and I've finally found the character I really really want to play, but I'm about 2 years behind the metagame so I'd really appreciate a chance for a level-up session with a top Pika =)

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Even though its on Black Friday Saturday, I should be able to make it to Singles on time. I'll request to work from 8-4 (This'll be the most hours I'll have to work.) and I'll bumrush it from Toledo to Gameyard afterward.

Top Bottom