• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameyard Showdown III: Nov. 27th - Garden City, MI - Lain, Anther, AND Judge? ****!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Already teaming with SK and I have an idea of who I want to do crews with. :3 I'd just like to play more Ohio people, and if they're driving I don't see a reason not to bring a full car. lol
It's because I'm not a driver who particularly likes swooping all over the area South of me to pick up other people when I'm traveling West, or anything similar to that. I've done it a couple of times, but it sucks to get up way earlier than I would have to otherwise.

Me and Shugo are all the Ohio love you gonna need bby. :cool:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Wut?

5 dollars is STANDARD. I know there's a whole bunch of broke mofos in this state but ****. What do people suggest then?

And Tutu you'll probably win money from an event and end up entering anyway.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
sweet gets alot of entrants, especially scrub locals cause its entry fee is only $5

i know the reason i go to it is because of that

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna enter regardless of if I win money from an event. Because if I do, it's likely I'll be the best player on my crew, which is a definite not gonna win. I'll enter like a random tourny for 5 dollars because I'm still only betting on myself. Betting on other people, especially the people that are remaining for a crew is just not worth it.

Sumer

Smash Ace
It's because I'm not a driver who particularly likes swooping all over the area South of me to pick up other people when I'm traveling West, or anything similar to that. I've done it a couple of times, but it sucks to get up way earlier than I would have to otherwise.

Me and Shugo are all the Ohio love you gonna need bby. :cool:
You can always ask if anyone is interested in coming to the tourney, and if they are to meet up in one place (probably your place), so you can all leave from one place and get dropped off in one place. Usually when MI goes OoS we meet up in like Ann Arbor then drive from there. Just a suggestion if you'd want to bring more people with you/pay less gay money. I wouldn't mind just you and Shugo. lol

I'm not gonna enter regardless of if I win money from an event. Because if I do, it's likely I'll be the best player on my crew, which is a definite not gonna win. I'll enter like a random tourny for 5 dollars because I'm still only betting on myself. Betting on other people, especially the people that are remaining for a crew is just not worth it.
You could put together a good crew ahead of time. o.e

ZTD | TECHnology

I mean if we don't then all the top players at the tournament will be in like 3 crews leaving a few decent teams and then "eh" teams. Then again for me, I would love to play a "top seeded" team lol But I'm not bad either. Eh we have time to work it out.

Also I would like to suggest a mass pizza thing or something. We can't do another 17 person KFC trip and expect everything to finish before 12 (it was fun as hell though). Thoughts?

Sumer

Smash Ace
I mean if we don't then all the top players at the tournament will be in like 3 crews leaving a few decent teams and then "eh" teams. Then again for me, I would love to play a "top seeded" team lol But I'm not bad either. Eh we have time to work it out.

Also I would like to suggest a mass pizza thing or something. We can't do another 17 person KFC trip and expect everything to finish before 12 (it was fun as hell though). Thoughts?
I wouldn't mind throwing in for pizza and pop. $2 a person or something should be more than enough.

And skill isn't as important in crews, since players are limited by the number of stocks they have. This will make crew games a lot more balanced, and will potentially cause some upsets, even if good players team against mid-level players.

What's The Point

Smash Master
You can't do draft crews. It's crews of 3, and let's say there are 21 people. Are you going to pick 7 captains to then do 2 rounds of picking? Because that is just stupid.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Wut?

5 dollars is STANDARD. I know there's a whole bunch of broke mofos in this state but ****. What do people suggest then?

And Tutu you'll probably win money from an event and end up entering anyway.
haha I wasn't saying it was horrible. I already wasnt 100% sure I would come anyways. Having quite the money johns atm. I'm still likely to at least show up but like I said, we'll see.

And yeah I think we should just let whoever crew with whoever. the draft crews with only 3 people in a crew seems like a longggg process. If you wanted to do draft crews imo you'd have to make it like no more then 2-4 crews total and obviously more people per crew.

YO me lain and boxxy are gonna OWN crews son you have no idea

shugo and KB i want MMs. $3 or something?

also lain and i taking teams double MK way 2 good

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah I'll take you up on a MM Gio.

And don't get too comfortable on that winning teams idea. :cool:

What's The Point

Smash Master
It's either Anther and L_Cancel, or KB and Shugo for first (and thus second). Third is more of a crap shot, and there is a chance of one of the above teams getting third.

ZTD | TECHnology

3 man it is. Which means I need to find a crew anyway.

And speculation is so boring lol. Well see what happens at the tourney.

And..

Hype!

Top Bottom