• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameyard Showdown III: Nov. 27th - Garden City, MI - Lain, Anther, AND Judge? ****!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I might as well confirm crews now since the pools indicate a strong preference for it over any other event. So crews will end up being the side event!

Start thinking up your crews now folks!

Payouts will depend on how many crews we get. Its more likely to be winner take all though.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
YESSSs CREWS

i've got a couple of people who i would want on my crew...decisions decisions

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
3-man MI Snake Crew anyone? lol

Sparta_Kick, Flame, Oblivion, DL, Tech, Rayquaza...the list could go on.

I'd definitely be down since I'm not gonna be able to do dubs. And I probably won't be entering dubs for awhile.

Sumer

Smash Ace
And to clarify, draft crews would only be for those who aren't sure who to enter with. If someone already has 2 other people who want to be in a crew with them they wouldn't be forced into being drafted into a crew.

Also, potential rule set:

- Pretty much all standard Brawl Rules.
- If a crew loses a match, the next member can either cp a stage or remain on the current stage.
- If the current stage is chosen, the winning team's player cannot change characters.
- If a cp is chosen, the winning team's player can chose to change characters, then the losing team's player chooses their characters.

We could also throw in a rule that a JV stock (for instance JV 2 stock) starts the winning player at 2 stocks the next game rather than one, if people want it.

Input? :3

Boxxy

Smash Lord
last time we did crews it was random neutral and not same stage

What's The Point

Smash Master
That JV rule is terrible.

The rest is basic crew rules, though usually it's a random neutral (FD/SV/BF). If a team CP'd Rainbow, then the remaining stage would be Rainbow. Which means the entering team would have to use the jank stage or give the opponent a chance to change while going back to a neutral.

Sumer

Smash Ace
That JV rule is terrible.

The rest is basic crew rules, though usually it's a random neutral (FD/SV/BF). If a team CP'd Rainbow, then the remaining stage would be Rainbow. Which means the entering team would have to use the jank stage or give the opponent a chance to change while going back to a neutral.
The JV rule was just thrown in for something different. XD I personally wouldn't want it either, but just throwing out ideas.

I see what you mean about cping, but even though the opponent gets a chance to change characters, you still get the chance to change characters after, so you ultimately cp him to the stage you want and a better character than his. At the same time, I wouldn't mind just playing on all neutrals to make things simpler. lol

ZTD | TECHnology

JV rule is trash.

I'd rather do random neutrals andI'm open to using the full 5 starter list since someone will eventually bring up "ICs/Falco/ *insert top tier* are broken on SV/BF/FD". Thoughts?

ZTD | TECHnology

ROFL...

And Shugo is coming also? ****. Does that mean you need me to house both of you now?

And FD might as well be a CP in this state lol.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Unless the tourney finished early enough for us to just go home, then yeah if you could house both of us that would be appreciated. I'll talk with him more about the housing thing and see what he thinks.

ZTD | TECHnology

I have no problem housing the both of you just to know in advance is all. The latest this will end is 12. I imagine its a 3 hour drive from Cleveland so its up to you. You're assure a nice place to stay at should you feel too tired to drive. MI also likes to do random spur of the hangout sessions after tournies so you shoulf join in :D

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm so mad I can't come to this :< KBizzle and Shugolicious gonna be there.

10000 salts.

ZTD | TECHnology

If I don't do this tonight I'll do it tomorrow but I will be putting up an attendance list so we can all get a better idea of what the turnout for this is looking like.

Top Bottom