• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

zCasanova

Smash Lord
results

$1 Melee --

1: Devin (Marth) - $5.60
2: Brandon (Falcon/Falco) - $1.60
3: Bo (Ganon) - $0.80
4: Adam
5: Justin
5: Michael
7: John
7: Derek

Brawl I --

1: Devin (Marth/D3) - $21.00
2: TGB (Lucario) - $6.00
3: ARS (Snake/Falcon) - $3.00
4: Crio (Yoshi)
5: JMan (Sonic)
5: XAT (Samus)

Brawl II --

1: ARS (Snake) - $17.50
2: Devin (Marth) - $5.00
3: TGB (Lucario) - $2.50
4: Crio (Yoshi)
5: XAT (Samus)

The Director

Smash Lord
Sorry for being a no show last night. I think you guys should expect me not to show up, even when I say I'm going to. Hell, I say I'm going to come every week and I never show.

I need a smash outlet. Anybody up for some smash this weekend? Tonight? Preferrably tomorrow afternoon/evening?

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Joe, I'd be up for it but I gotta be at work at 6:30 and I don't get out until 10:30, except for Sunday, when I'll be there from 12:30 to who-knows-when. :/

PS: It's coming, Joe. Just two more posts.

...And what the **** am I doing up so early...

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I have nothing to do today after school or tommorow (I think) So I'd be able to smash some.
EDIT: Lol @ Phil this is the time I get up to go to school, I'm about to leave in like 10 minuites
EDIT2: I wish I could've made it for the melee, I wanna see wether I'm anygood anymore or not, I haven't played in about a year.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Hey, JMan quit the melee tourney, and he brought the JUSTICE more than a few times guys

Get that out there, no sandbagging the results Devin

And i ****ed up my ps3. Stripped my screws removing my HDD, and so im on downtime till sony delivers me more for free. A week to a week and a half tops.

DAAMIT!!!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Ok, Carmen's going to look at the venue tonight & grab the key.

I know it's short notice, but would you guys rather have a tourney on the 7th or the 14th?

HERB is on the 21st, so that's a big no.

The Director

Smash Lord
I vote the 7th, simply to give us a week in between to prep for HERB.

And speaking of HERB, we should get some plans together for that. I want to go and will be willing to drive.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Ok so you guys know that the 6th is a friday right........ which means I can make it! lolz

EDIT: Tourney on the 14th because its short notice!! =)

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
I say the 7th, just cuz. O.o And D: at Brandon
I suggest we do Friday one week and Saturday the next, so that way all most everyone gets a chance to play in tournaments. AND....it will still be a weekly in the sense that tourney's happen every week - BOO YAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I still say the 14th but I might be able to make the 7th

The Director

Smash Lord
Yo Devin, I know you're trying to cater to the Melee crowd, BUT...

...you must be doing more drugs than I if you think I'm getting up before 12:00pm on a Saturday to drive 2 hours out to Lancaster...for Melee.

I will be there for Brawl every time tho. See you guys next Saturday.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American

...you must be doing more drugs than I if you think I'm getting up before 12:00pm on a Saturday to drive 2 hours out to Lancaster...for Melee.

I will be there for Brawl every time tho. See you guys next Saturday.

Own'd. God i hope i get this shiz off

zCasanova

Smash Lord

It's not so much that, it's just that I need to make enough money in door fees to cover the cost of the building.

That's also why I need an entire setup to cut the door fee in half—sad, but true.

The Director

Smash Lord
I wish I could make it for Melee-I've been more into it lately-but I get up at 4:30 every day, so there's no way I'm gonna get up early on the weekend...the Brawl time is perfect tho, I can't waaaaaaaiit.

I'm so excited that we're doing weekend tournies. Let's hope they last.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I'm not having a venue competition.

I've already talked it over with the regulars and they knew it was going to be expensive, but it's bi-weekly so it's the exact same price as two weekly GE tournaments.

We all wanted a place to play on Saturdays, I found one, that's it.

Not trying to compete, just giving us another place to play.

xblade724

Smash Rookie
wow, gtfo

that phase is done and over

you do realize these are the people that left GE?

****ed up ending comment, too

edit:

wtf kind of post is that?

personal vendetta?

i hope we all have enough sense not to post on that thread to keep it bumped
People have already started coming back. It's cheap, rewarding, efficient, and the only reason people left last time was because people thought the tournament was over because of one voice that knew the rules all along -- 1hr before, 1hr after. It's been that way forever, even if the former tournament organizer didn't enforce it near the end.

Nice $10 door fee btw. That's pretty pricey. And sort of ironic ;)

xblade724

Smash Rookie
"..Since Gamers Edge sucks now" you are talking about ****ed up comments? Look at your own thread. He's angry because I charged him a door fee last time, after he's been playing for free QQ. I'm not here to flame (although you seem to be) -- don't be a hypocrite about ****ed up comments, is my only point. I won't say anything else.

edit: oops @ double post

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
People have already started coming back. It's cheap, rewarding, efficient, and the only reason people left last time was because people thought the tournament was over because of one voice that knew the rules all along -- 1hr before, 1hr after. It's been that way forever, even if the former tournament organizer didn't enforce it near the end.

Nice $10 door fee btw. That's pretty pricey. And sort of ironic ;)
Expensive, but worth it for the competitive thrill. I'm sticking with the people who left Gamer's Edge. :)

Edit: For those interested, this is what happens when I get bored: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQ7aBwJdkQ&fmt=18

zCasanova

Smash Lord
You buy a new business and the first thing you do is come to our thread, blaming GE's tourney problems on our friend, and yet you expect us to come back? Then to add insult to injury, place the whole of Judgement's fail on the same person's head? That kind of publicity will get you nowhere. If I recall correctly, Ryan—your manager—gave the go ahead to cancel Judgement, not Crio—get to know your staff a little, first.

'People are coming back', yet everyone we took with us is still... with us? If you want to continue to cater to the 10 year-olds, please feel free, however, nobody on smashboards is looking for that kind of competition.

Besides, last time I talked to Dylan, he said business had picked up since we'd left—something to do with our odor, I believe. Why come crawling back to us if that's the case?

Good luck with your new business. It'll be interesting to see how far your Smash tournaments make it without a loyal/competitive community to back you up.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Wow, just realized blade was Dylan.

Public apology extended to you for the hate, had a completely different situation made up in my head.

Still ****ed up to toss all of that fail on Brandon.

xblade724

Smash Rookie
Wow, just realized blade was Dylan.

Public apology extended to you for the hate, had a completely different situation made up in my head.

Still ****ed up to toss all of that fail on Brandon.
A public apology takes guts and I respect that -- It's been a stressful time lately for all of us.

As for Brandon, I'm usually not the type of person that points the finger, but he has even deceived me as a friend which is what hurts the most. I hate to say it, but he's been telling me he's been following the 1hr before/after rule among others all this time which ultimately ruined the experience for everyone.

I have no idea what has been said about me during or even post the "catastrophe" when everyone left, but I'm sure everyone knows I've given them nothing but respect to those I've had the honor to talk to. I do not want this to be about "us" and "them" -- simply a cheap place, a lot of room, and gets the job done.

For those that don't know, I had to sell my business fast and extremely cheap due to family emergencies to keep my bro in college, and keep my parents from going bankrupt. The new guy, Matt, is 20 years old and has everyone's interest at heart -- you'll like him.

Anyways, best wishes to all. I am not advertising this to make money because as of Tuesday, I will no longer be the owner, but simply a volunteer and wish to be a participant if anyone should return in the future.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
I need a partner for DUBZ plz....*I AM COMING TO THIS*, and I want to play dubz but I don't have a partner - I take it we are done with GE???? lolz

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Nice vid Devin. I laughed so hard when the vid showed "the GE originals". Anyways, snow is crazy in Charlotte and hopefully there won't be school tommorow

Top Bottom