• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Lol alright, reg brawl it is. Still, anyone willing to come to my place this weekend? (It may not happen,I'm feeling a little sick, so don't cancel any plans)

Just in case my address is:
13305 Mallard Landing Rd
28278 Charlotte, NC
Phone# 704-971-7880 (house)

The Director

Smash Lord
Yo I'll totally go to Peyton's this weekend for smash. As a matter of fact I'd love to play smash anywhere this weekend. Anybody up for it? Wanna smash at my place? Adam's? Lets make plans.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Lol alright, reg brawl it is. Still, anyone willing to come to my place this weekend? (It may not happen,I'm feeling a little sick, so don't cancel any plans)

Just in case my address is:
13305 Mallard Landing Rd
28278 Charlotte, NC
Phone# 704-971-7880 (house)
As appreciative as the gesture is. I'm too old to go to your house to play smash.

And truthfully you really are too young to come to mine.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Guys, I apprieciate the fact that you are looking out for me. But I'm not the kinda person to be influenced easily. I used to live in Woodbridge, VA. You'd see kids trying crack under the jungle gym and giving it to some of there friends, you'd see graffiti on the sides of the schools. It doesn't really matter who I hang out with. I'm not gonna grow up to be losers like you guys :p (jk)

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I just got home.

from jail.

in VIRGINIA.

I'm not coming tonight. I need to get some sleep.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
O.o wow. How was it? Virginia is cool...cept for the jail part. I hope your alright and I wish you the best

The Director

Smash Lord
So I guess nobody is up for smash this weekend, eh? I guess you guys get enough smash as it is. I know Adam began expressing concern of dis-interest. Maybe a weekly is starting to be a little much?

And wtf happened to Eric? That guy was awesome.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
This thread needs a bump.

I just got back from Radio Shack. While my family was out getting other stuff, I spotted something that really caught my eye. 8GB SD card for $20. We won't have to worry about my camera memory johns anymore. :D

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
This thread needs a bump.

I just got back from Radio Shack. While my family was out getting other stuff, I spotted something that really caught my eye. 8GB SD card for $20. We won't have to worry about my camera memory johns anymore. :D
sexy.

10sexy.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
RE5 has been consuming me.

I feel so badass beating the game w/ the initial handgun and wits alone. **** Sheva unless im co oping. I prefer her over Chris in that instance. Slightly faster and quicker Meleeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Lareit

Smash Ace
RE5 has been consuming me.

I feel so badass beating the game w/ the initial handgun and wits alone. **** Sheva unless im co oping. I prefer her over Chris in that instance. Slightly faster and quicker Meleeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Am I the only one who recognizes RE5 for the **** it is?

It's 2009.

It has inferior controls to RE4.
It has the most ******** AI i've seen in years. The ******** AI is one of the games main features.
IT's story is only less convoluted then MGS4.

It's 2009. Too many games have done the action hero thing better then this for RE5 to win praise simply by veture of franchise alone.

re5 sucks.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Yeah, RE5 sucked my balls.

I ended up beating it Friday morning at 9:30 a.m. -- that's how short it was.

Not only that, but it wasn't "fear you can't forget."

There was absolutely nothing scary about it, it was more action/adventure than anything.

I dunno, just wasn't impressed. If anything, I was more disappointed than anything.

It's like Capcom tried so hard to be both survival horror & action, that they ended up failing at both.

The Director

Smash Lord
Just in case some of you were planning on going to HERB, I can't go. (sadface)

I am however going to make it to the next bi-weekly. Thats the 28th right? Whats the deal with that? Did that venue evee get power back?

Lareit

Smash Ace
No, it was good--in the sense that any video game can be good.

It was bad as far as RE games are concerned.
I have to disagree even there.

The game is a full fledged action game. There is no tension elements present in any of the game. Half the boss music scores were action film oriented even.

So then lets compare it to other action games.

Resistance, Halo, Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden.

It's clunky controls. Outdated Interface. Uncomfortable Inventory system. Horrible Co-op AI. Easy bosses.

It's inferior to all of them. It's just a bad game.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Where's the effin hype?!

Jesus was black, Hitler is living in Arkansas, Larry the cable guy is NOT funny, Melee > Brawl.

There. Now, hopefully I've offended everyone enough to want to at least talk up in dis thread.

Lareit

Smash Ace
How does 4:30 sound, gives me enough time to do dishes lolz

@Adam - I'm sad now, I hope I can car pool with you to the bi-weeklies!
I doubt I'll be going to them either. I'm pretty much done with smash. I was going to do this last week but I didn't want your first time to be the last.

The Director

Smash Lord
This makes me sad.

This is what happens with weeklies...they tire fast. :ohwell:

So where do we go from here? I know I don't come as much as I used to, but I still want to be involved in Smash. How about just the bi-weeklies? Or possibly just a monthly? :ohwell:

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I am lost as to what happened during the 2 days where I was in jail.

I want answers when I gets to Adams.

Top Bottom