• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Devin, let me get this straight - you mean I have a ride to the weeklies back and forth as long as I let you know first???

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Lets see

Two tournies
?1

1st:Ars: C Falc/Snake
2:Devin:Marth/D3
3rd:Crio:**** near random
4:JMan:Sonic

1st:ARS: SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!
2nd:Dev: D3/Marth
3rd:JMan:Sonic

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
And I win at Melee.
Well, until Adam started playing.

I got wins in Melee as Pichu! I'm happy with that. .-.

Edit again!: Vids are up! Check 'em out if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsmUKITKPj8&fmt=18 Drew (Lucas) vs Jman (Sonic) Round 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hqhE3rDLt8&fmt=18 Drew (Mario) vs Devin (Marth) Round 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZLcR8k_KOI&fmt=18 Phil (Kirby) vs ARS (SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE) Round 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B_v-dfE7fA&fmt=18 Phil (Kirby) vs ARS (SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE) Round 2

The rest on my side were either obnoxiously cut off mid-match by either a battery failure or an SD card failure due to me whoring memory with failed Pichu BTT recordings that I should have gotten rid of.

Devin's got the rest on his computer to upload when he feels like it.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
5:43 a.m. ?????

wtf phil?
I got to sleep soon after getting back to my dorm, but I fell victim to a very mean prank played by my suitemates. They set their obnoxiously loud and annoying alarm clocks to go off at 5:00 in the morning and locked their room as they left for the weekend. The alarms, which continue ringing for an hour if you don't turn them off, continued ringing because I had no way to get in and turn them off.

After that, I just couldn't get back to sleep. Two hours of sleep. My suitemates suck.

Correction: 0 sleep. Checked my IM logs. I'm too tired to remember now... **** them. I'm taking a nap.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I got to sleep soon after getting back to my dorm, but I fell victim to a very mean prank played by my suitemates. They set their obnoxiously loud and annoying alarm clocks to go off at 5:00 in the morning and locked their room as they left for the weekend. The alarms, which continue ringing for an hour if you don't turn them off, continued ringing because I had no way to get in and turn them off.

After that, I just couldn't get back to sleep. Two hours of sleep. My suitemates suck.

Correction: 0 sleep. Checked my IM logs. I'm too tired to remember now... **** them. I'm taking a nap.
I would **** them up when they get back.

Buy a bottle of liquid *** and hit their room with it.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Of CORSE my crazy 3 stock wasn't recorded...

2 0% gimps in about 30 seconds, lol
Yeah, that annoyed me too. I was really hoping that was recorded, too but it was my fault for filling up my SD card with bad BTT videos. Sorry about that. :(

I would **** them up when they get back.

Buy a bottle of liquid *** and hit their room with it.
Oh, I will have my revenge. They will regret messing with my sleep schedule.

The Director

Smash Lord

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Brandon you look like a serial killer (or about to become one) in that pic. :laugh:

Phil what you need to do is take a page from Edge the ninja and slip deadly scorpions into thier beds while they sleep.
I KNOW!

I'm clutching that controller with murderous intent. I look like I'm about to **** something to death.

And big ups for the FF4 reference that likely I only got.

Lareit

Smash Ace
I KNOW!

I was arguing that it was wrong.

Which, it is.

EDIT:

Jason just reminded me--I won second, and I remember this for sure... because I have all of the Bawlz bull**** that Dylan gave me for winning.
how is it wrong? It was a pic dylan took of me and brandon right before we play'd the final set of the very first tournament.

it's pretty evident proof I took second.

The next tournament you took second after beating me in the 2nd round.
The next tournament I took second after maining snake
then i won the next 14 till Marcus came and beat me.
then I beat him
then I picked up pit and lost in the 1st round
then I took 2nd to sushi
then I lost to Pter and began maining Falcon.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
how is it wrong? It was a pic dylan took of me and brandon right before we play'd the final set of the very first tournament.

it's pretty evident proof I took second.

The next tournament you took second after beating me in the 2nd round.
The next tournament I took second after maining snake
then i won the next 14 till Marcus came and beat me.
then I beat him
then I picked up pit and lost in the 1st round
then I took 2nd to sushi
then I lost to Pter and began maining Falcon.
If I'm not mistaken, didn't I beat you once or twice before GE had cash prizes?

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so as of right now Devin, I can go to the next weekly 3/12/09 - So if you will lend me a ride????

As long as my school work doesn't pick up or get too heavy I CAN go, so hope for the best folks - I want to earn my respect like the rest of you!

BTW - When you do come, you don't mind meeting my bro do you? You know, just so he knows your good peoples!!! lolz

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
This "who's on first" BS is the worst argument ever.

I declare that the new topic of conversation is Watchmen.

My thoughts.
1)Rorschach is a point-blank shotgun blast of awesome straight into my loving place*.

2) Zack Snyder officially has a directorial trademark. Obnoxious, inappropriate sex scenes that do little to add to the subject of the film.

* - "loving place" and all mentions herein may or may not directly refer to a specific place on my anatomy.

The Director

Smash Lord
Going to try to make it out this week. I requested off for Friday, but right now it all depends on how busy we are. I should know on Wednesday.

Don't expect me, tho. (like always, so that shouldn't be too hard)

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Surprisingly, you have the ingrdients to make fried chicken!

... You decided to make fried chicken.

You marinated the meat.

What should you cover the chicken with?
{} Rice Flour
{X}Flour
{}Potato Starch

It's almost done frying...

Obtained Soggy Fried Chicken!

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
So as of right now, I'm still good 2 go for this week - Thought I'd let you know Dev

@ Crio.....Final Fantasy referance? lolz

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
...I got grounded for this whole week because I forgot to iron my pants the night before. I wasn't even remotely late for my bus.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Watchmen was epic.

But i got into an altercation with a white lady. I sat down and she tried to complain that she could no longer put her feet up... it was an empty theater on a sunday night... if it's that important lady, move...

My psuedo-brother-in-law got in her face, and she said "off-color" remarks. Thus... a big altercation... RIGHT b4 it actually started.

Fun times in da south, lol :p

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
WARNING: DO NOT go see Street Fighter the Legend of Chun-Li - It SUCKS BALLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: @Devin - I can go to the tournament Thursday, Unlike "Kack" lolz - Seriously Devin, if you need to work out details with me about picking me up, hit me up on mii cell (803.389.9211) Best time to call is between 4 and midnight(yes....I stay up till midnight doing homework and projects fauwk!!!)

Lucky for me I'm going on a field trip Wed.(3/11) to the BMW plant in Greenville, So when i come back with BMW gear don't hate.....appreciate :D

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Watchmen was epic.

But i got into an altercation with a white lady. I sat down and she tried to complain that she could no longer put her feet up... it was an empty theater on a sunday night... if it's that important lady, move...

My psuedo-brother-in-law got in her face, and she said "off-color" remarks. Thus... a big altercation... RIGHT b4 it actually started.

Fun times in da south, lol :p
Roflmao, she couldn't put her feet up because your blackness was all over it. :p

The Director

Smash Lord
Not gonna make it this week...I requested Friday off last week but it was shot down today because we're going to be too busy. Sorry. Maybe next week.

*edit*

I don't know what happened with Crio. I shot him a text yesterday asking about the outcome but I didn't get one back. Can't be a good sign.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Well, how does 5:00pm 2morrow(Thursday) sound Dev? I should be home from school before then, so I stand outside my crappy apartment(which we keep clean inside) and wave frantically at you! lolz

BTW - When you meet Jay(my bro) he is a big man, I'm talking BIG!!!!! Like Rick Ross.....seriously!!!

Just got back from the BMW plant, Epic machinery, cars, and the drifting test ride was off the chain!!!! The cars could hit 100 and drop down to 20 in a heartbeat, the drivers could prolly cook steaks while they drift or read a book lol

EDIT: BMW's are "some" of the SEXIEST cars in the WORLD!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
>.> Guys...Woah. I usually only come here when I come to smashboards nowadays. But I took a look around and I found out there is this thing called brawl+. It's basically brawl with hitstun and shield and l-cancels and such. And Falcon can actually combo o.o. You have to get it by doing the hacks that I used for the infinate replay time. I'm going to try it out as I'm typing this, it looks promising. I hear the smash world is more revolutionizing to brawl+. So should we stick to reg. brawl? or what?

BTW: I got a new hack so that I ca look at name tags during replays.
BTW2: I may be able to invite some people over this weekend, if anyone is interested.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
>.> Guys...Woah. I usually only come here when I come to smashboards nowadays. But I took a look around and I found out there is this thing called brawl+. It's basically brawl with hitstun and shield and l-cancels and such. And Falcon can actually combo o.o. You have to get it by doing the hacks that I used for the infinate replay time. I'm going to try it out as I'm typing this, it looks promising. I hear the smash world is more revolutionizing to brawl+. So should we stick to reg. brawl? or what?

BTW2: I may be able to invite some people over this weekend, if anyone is interested.
I've tried Brawl+ personally and enjoyed it. Kirby is overpowered, though but still fun. :D I doubt it'll become a widespread tournament standard, though; at least not anytime soon.

SC Smash will be sticking to regular Brawl, like most other tournaments.

Lareit

Smash Ace

Brawl+ will almost never get off the ground as standard tournament play.
It's been a year and people are still discussing matchups. Still developing meta game.

Imagine how long it'd take to decide how to properly balance Brawl+. Then force people to learn their chr. Their matchups and the metagame all over again.

Force tournament Organizers to find people with hacked Wii's to run brawl+. Makesure all copies of Brawl+ are the same.

Never gonna happen.

Top Bottom