• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So.... im off today/tomorrow

Who's going to GE and at what time? i might be there at like... 1:30 if any single other person can make it there that early...

Otherwise, Adam, i may need a ride there when u go. Im at her sister's house... down Pleasant (one of the streets that my Walgreens is on) but yea.... just throwing it out there

Dagani

Smash Cadet
I'll be at this one, for a bit, then I have to go close the store, then I'm coming back.

Btw, skipping class so you can nap is awesome. As is recovering from nearly 36 hours of partying...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Sorry again Eric, that ****in accident threw **** off.... seriously... how in the hell can it take 2hrs in traffic when i takes me 6 minutes otherwise??? thats pretty f-ing ridic

The Director

Smash Lord
Dude, Eric, man...I'm so sorry I couldn't come this weekend. After taking off 5 days last weekend my recent paycheck was like, NOTHING...laughable, even! On top of that, I had to pay my doctor $250 today for a 5 minute visit where NOTHING WAS HEALED!!!

:mad: >livid< :mad:

So in short, I'm piss poor and couldn't take any days off work...even for your 21st birthday. :( Oh, and on top of that I can't come to GE until Judgement.

So now I have to work every single day and spend no money just to break even thanks to regular bills on top of all this ****. WTF!

But let me make it up to you. I have off on the weekends. Pick one. I'm treating you to a ***** bar.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
@Devin: You got that Low Tier Heroe's shiz on ur comp still? The epic dthrow>Falcon PAUUUUUCH on phil/billy? it was too good a set and the Al-eter finals were all too good too, jus sayin

@Adam/Eric/Crio: What's the plans for tom? I can feasibly walk if i REALLY have to, but marlene works at two tom... so if anyone is gonna be there at 1:40-2:30, i can get dropped off. If not, can i bum a ride guys?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Oh, bring ur recording shiz guys

I lent my manager Brawl, xD (i soooo mindgamed him, he's like... 100% more likley to give me off my brawl-tourney requests now)

SHAZAM!

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
NOTE: someone bring melee pl0x, I'll be bringing my wii, with hax and all
I'll bring Melees

@Adam/Eric/Crio: What's the plans for tom? I can feasibly walk if i REALLY have to, but marlene works at two tom... so if anyone is gonna be there at 1:40-2:30, i can get dropped off. If not, can i bum a ride guys?
I have a job interview in the morning, then a midday nap. I'm not 100% sure when I'll be up there, but probably early.

JumpinJoeJohns.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
I have officially lost my ride to GE like forever! So unless you guys can run weekend tournaments I can never make it and I HATE IT >:(

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Srly.... Good ***** bars rule....

But im engaged... so that got axed the day AFTER i turned 18 so.... someone else throw a bachelor party, kk??

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Strip clubs are always sketch, and carry with them an atmosphere of sorts. Almost as if the air you breathe is trying to infect you with VD.

Call me crazy, but I've never felt desperate enough to go out and watch teen pregnancy casualties strut their respective "stuff" to the ardor of the sweaty pedophiliac masses of middle-class marriage failures and frat boys. We have the internet for a reason, it's usually pasty free.

/rantover.

Multi track editing: I am on my way to GE right now. Come by whenevers.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Strip clubs are always sketch, and carry with them an atmosphere of sorts. Almost as if the air you breathe is trying to infect you with VD.

Call me crazy, but I've never felt desperate enough to go out and watch teen pregnancy casualties strut their respective "stuff" to the ardor of the sweaty pedophiliac masses of middle-class marriage failures and frat boys. We have the internet for a reason, it's usually pasty free.

/rantover.

Multi track editing: I am on my way to GE right now. Come by whenevers.
I must agree entirely.
I'll be over as soon as Jman lets me know if I need to pick him up or not.

Suppose this is yet another example of having my phone service active as being benefical.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No, pushed marlene back, so im good, heading out there about 4-4:30

Can u bring Dead Space tho? im going to my house now to get my monies and ur lost season 3. I caught all the way up. Lost season 4 was pretty win, imho

Thanx adam tho :)

Lareit

Smash Ace
No, pushed marlene back, so im good, heading out there about 4-4:30

Can u bring Dead Space tho? im going to my house now to get my monies and ur lost season 3. I caught all the way up. Lost season 4 was pretty win, imho

Thanx adam tho :)
Yeah i forgot to give it to you last week

and lost season 4 was pretty FAIL, you must be crazy.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I was on fire tonight! :D but then...Ali came along. D= well, ggs anyway Ali, they were fun. GG's too Adam and everyone else I played.

My brother is really being stupid. He was only in the GEC for 10 min tops and he is talking about how he has a headache. So I asked him why he has a headache and he is like "because I was in there" I said that he was only there for a few minuites and he said it's because he heard you guys talk and he knows your "type." So we had this whole argument about how he is generilizing about how he "knows" you guys.
EDIT: Later

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Kack: Im glad we got in a bunch of friendlies. It made we realize how freakin good ICs are. Your Ice Climbers=****.
Brandon: Where is my surprise butt sex?
Ali: Sorry you didn't do as well as you wanted. If you only picked snake against me . . .
Adam: 3 stocking me with CF!? You make CF seem almost as broken as mk. Almost.
Peter: Just realized that we didn't play against each other :(
JMan: We didn't play enough friendlies but our 200% each stock game between your sonic and my rob is satisfying.
Devin: Congrats on beating Ali. D3=too goodz

Lareit

Smash Ace
Kack: Im glad we got in a bunch of friendlies. It made we realize how freakin good ICs are. Your Ice Climbers=****.
Brandon: Where is my surprise butt sex?
Ali: Sorry you didn't do as well as you wanted. If you only picked snake against me . . .
Adam: 3 stocking me with CF!? You make CF seem almost as broken as mk. Almost.
Peter: Just realized that we didn't play against each other :(
JMan: We didn't play enough friendlies but our 200% each stock game between your sonic and my rob is satisfying.
Devin: Congrats on beating Ali. D3=too goodz
Psh, your bowser tore me up and I only did as well against your zss because I used to play her and I know how she functions.

Lareit

Smash Ace
I was on fire tonight! :D but then...Ali came along. D= well, ggs anyway Ali, they were fun. GG's too Adam and everyone else I played.

My brother is really being stupid. He was only in the GEC for 10 min tops and he is talking about how he has a headache. So I asked him why he has a headache and he is like "because I was in there" I said that he was only there for a few minuites and he said it's because he heard you guys talk and he knows your "type." So we had this whole argument about how he is generilizing about how he "knows" you guys.
EDIT: Later
Our last match ended in an epic fail ; ).

I still dunno how I fell that **** fast.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
01/22/08 - results

DOUBLES

Brawl Doubles
1/22/2009
4-man bracket

1 AL and Pete (Ali & Peter) : $24.00
2 Team KirbyToo (Phil & Billy) : $16.00
3 Low Tier heroes (ARS & JMan)
4 Waddlesphere (Devin & Bo)

SINGLES

Brawl Singles
1/22/2009
16-man bracket

1 sushi-man (MK/Snake/G&W) : $50.00 — split
1 devin (Marth/D3) : $50.00 — split
3 ali (Snake/Lucario) : $11.00
4 kackamee (IC)
5 ars (Falcon)
5 ptown (Falcon/Marth)
7 tehgreatbo (Lucario)
7 phil (Kirby)
9 criosphinx (Falco)
9 xatavor (Samus)
9 billy (MK)

The Director

Smash Lord
Firstly, a tip of my hat to Devin for finally trumping the Prince. Just remember, I crossed that bridge first! (while using my REAL main, that's where the pride's at! not this play to win bull****! but whatever it takes, I guess...)

Secondly...BIG BAD INTERNET SLAP across the faces of Devin, Bo, Adam and Jman. For shame.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Firstly, a tip of my hat to Devin for finally trumping the Prince. Just remember, I crossed that bridge first! (while using my REAL main, that's where the pride's at! not this play to win bull****! but whatever it takes, I guess...)

Secondly...BIG BAD INTERNET SLAP across the faces of Devin, Bo, Adam and Jman. For shame.
Metaknight ***** Falcon.

And in hindsight I realize that actually according to the best of 7 rule if people meet again...me and jman should of actually won. lol

zCasanova

Smash Lord
That's the kind of stuff that needs to be brought to people's attention. The rules are there for a reason, there's no use in having them if we're not going to follow them.

Edit: Just noticed NC is attempting to remake their PR list, and since they're taking SC out of it, I'm wondering what they're going to use. Billfest and GE were the only tournaments taken into consideration last time, and since that list, Bill's stopped having tournaments and NC has become as competitively-dry as we have—should be interesting. I hope there's an actual system behind the rankings this time, the last one was just who is who's favorite player moreso than a power rankings list.

Lareit

Smash Ace
That's the kind of stuff that needs to be brought to people's attention. The rules are there for a reason, there's no use in having them if we're not going to follow them.

Edit: Just noticed NC is attempting to remake their PR list, and since they're taking SC out of it, I'm wondering what they're going to use. Billfest and GE were the only tournaments taken into consideration last time, and since that list, Bill's stopped having tournaments and NC has become as competitively-dry as we have—should be interesting. I hope there's an actual system behind the rankings this time, the last one was just who is who's favorite player moreso than a power rankings list.
PR are silly.

Let people play and compete, they'll make up their own minds without having some self appointed judicator annouce who they perceive as best.

And the meet again set rule is one that is in place, it's just rarely remembered.(payton would of had to beaten me one more time by that rule too, kekekekekek)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
PR are silly.

Let people play and compete, they'll make up their own minds without having some self appointed judicator annouce who they perceive as best.

And the meet again set rule is one that is in place, it's just rarely remembered.(payton would of had to beaten me one more time by that rule too, kekekekekek)
Wowz, so I beat you on Smashville and FD right, so if we actually did play that other match, could I have picked FD again? cuz the only other stage I would've picked is BF (since you banned Yoshi's Island)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yea, it was pretty sad that Adam got ***** by bs, and i nearly beat them by myself in every match... its kinnda pathetic and moreso proof that MK is getting the ban-hammer post Judgement.

I mean seriously, Phil has his gimps, and my goodness do they rock, and Billy rides Mk's cloak-tail, and honestly that's enough?? It was pretty upsetting. And sad that i nearly overcame those matches. Fortunatley, what they did doesn't effect Sonic as much as Falcon, but i couldn't stock tank as well, so good teamwork as well... but idk, no john, we did lose.

At judgement tho, i will have divulged the secret to Adam, be prepared

And since i was too poor, no singles for JMan this week or next week, sorry

But good **** Dev ;)

The Director

Smash Lord
Devin you need to change your icon from Marth to DDD. Granted I haven't been to GE as often as I used to be, but I haven't seen you take Marth seriously for too long.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Wowz, so I beat you on Smashville and FD right, so if we actually did play that other match, could I have picked FD again? cuz the only other stage I would've picked is BF (since you banned Yoshi's Island)
Well since you beat me on Smash ville I would of gotten to choose the final match to determine our best of 7(i'd of picked Jungle Japes)

But it's not an issue Payton, you beat me. You deserved your spot. Hindsight is always 20/20, it's the purpose of it.

And Jman, I let you down. I should of tried to survive better somehow. That set was on my head.

and to answer you question. No, unless I allowed it, in a set you can't choose a map you have won on.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
What happened, Ali?

And don't ban MK.

We're working on Melee first since that's what most people care about here. Brawl is really iffy since NC Brawlers from different area don't play each other enough. Sushi lives in NC, right? PP will probably put in a good word for him if that's the case.

PRs are silly.

While I agree with this, most people don't (for one reason or another...) so we're doing them again. Most people already know who the top players are, why make a list?

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
And in hindsight I realize that actually according to the best of 7 rule if people meet again...me and jman should of actually won. lol
- If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven continuing on with the previous set. Finals are excluded, best of five remains.
The best of 7 rule did not apply to our second set in doubles because we were playing Losers Finals. Four team bracket or not, it was still Loser's Finals.

Top Bottom