• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

BEHR

Smash Hero
Pretty in pink

I make Her *** Roll like a 24.

Peachs- ***
Jiggs- Rollout

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
@Devin: Whether you like to admit or not, you suck at the mk match-up. I always 2-3 stock you when you are using characters that almost even or even with mk (45:55 Marth/DDD and Falco 50:50). You said you lost to Phil's mk. That doesn't prove that mk is broken. That proves that you have no idea what to do against mk. The saddest part is that you just quit when you losing. When I am beating you with mk, you just surrender instead of trying to learn the match-up. The most ironic thing is that Adam who uses CF gives me the hardest challenge and always takes me to the last stock. Adam proves that he knows the match-up well and stands a chance against mk who has 70:30 advantage against him. So instead of just complaining, learn the match-up and don't just surrender.
I've never used MK at GE against anyone other than Kack and that was in friendlies. It was Billy's MK that beat Devin's Marth.

Kirby/Pichu/Marth 4ever

Lareit

Smash Ace
I solemnly vow to only use Captain Falcon in tournament play untill the end of my Brawl playing career.

Lareit

Smash Ace
were you at Bill?
Twice. Once as snake where I demolished people untill I got wtfpwned by Bill himself(1st time olimar player who is ****ed good at that is a bad way to start off a matchup)

Then at the next bill fest I was Falcon.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Twice. Once as snake where I demolished people untill I got wtfpwned by Bill himself(1st time olimar player who is ****ed good at that is a bad way to start off a matchup)

Then at the next bill fest I was Falcon.
Did you team with JMan?

I think we played you in teams

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Most importantly from last night, I believe I have convinced Scha, Kidd, and PP that I am a riotous drug abuser and alcoholic.

which is only half true.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I Solemnly swear to stay Sonic, and a Low Tier Hero

Everytime Sushi and i've played, its last stock. However, he's not really gimping me, shuttle loop/glide attsck phail vs Sonic, *****-nado is easily thwarted/evaded (noticed you all but stoped btw, lol), drill rush gets beat... he gets grabbed a LOT in this matchup... so its good stuff.

Ironically, Sushi's Diddy did better, lol

Yes, we don't like Mk, like when Crio low-blowed me in semi's with Mk... no one liked it, lol. Fact: Mk breaks the game mechanics every other char has to follow and consequently, when played, a better lower tiered person will lose to Mk, fact proven by Sushi PP (and my random ditto Snake/Ness Crio, teh lulz.... lol)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Did you team with JMan?

I think we played you in teams
Yea, when u guys camped Lucario to beat us R3. Valid, but cheap. ZeroGamer camped and stalled in dubz and singles. But campy Lucario can pwn Sawnik truthfully. I'd rater fight Mk, no jokes

Second, watch the matches son!!! were rearin a$$ at next Billfest, believe it!!!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
@Sushi--

Don't be a ****, nobody cares who you play, but you're maining MK in a region where he's frowned upon, so your balls are gonna get busted—get over it.

Also, don't tell me I'm inexperienced with the MK match-up. I'm not the MK main who got 6-0'd by PP's secondary—you should know all of the details better than anyone—didn't help you, though.

However, PP's right, your match-up ratios are months old, and anyone with a head on their shoulders knows that MK doesn't run even with anyone.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Mk is broken, and WILL be banned. I say ban in SC, but atm Sushi only you play him. Your good, but the fact you take ur skill to a literally broken char is ghastly. I can't look at ur standing and say u didn't deserve it... Your uber skilled Sushi... but u still play Mk dude...

Lookin for them sexies Dev/PP, i appreciate it a lort but @PP:I do need youtube vids to repost in the Sonic video archive, Devin knows how Steak they are, lol

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I'm working on the videos now. I know I've got atleast one match with you in it, then I have your doubles... I think.

Respect PP not wanting to upload his ****, though. The MBR is crazy, and they really wouldn't look too lightly on him having to use MK.

Lareit

Smash Ace
I'm working on the videos now. I know I've got atleast one match with you in it, then I have your doubles... I think.

Respect PP not wanting to upload his ****, though. The MBR is crazy, and they really wouldn't look too lightly on him having to use MK.
Marth has a back room?

Primadona.

Totally gay. DDD has far less metrosexual features for me to pick on you about now Dev.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Whatever I have of you Jman, I will upload. Only because you're too cool though. =p
It will have to wait until Sunday though, maybe later. I promise it will get done ASAP though.

Haha Primadona too good ARS lol.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I Solemnly swear to stay Sonic, and a Low Tier Hero

Everytime Sushi and i've played, its last stock. However, he's not really gimping me, shuttle loop/glide attsck phail vs Sonic, *****-nado is easily thwarted/evaded (noticed you all but stoped btw, lol), drill rush gets beat... he gets grabbed a LOT in this matchup... so its good stuff.

Ironically, Sushi's Diddy did better, lol

Yes, we don't like Mk, like when Crio low-blowed me in semi's with Mk... no one liked it, lol. Fact: Mk breaks the game mechanics every other char has to follow and consequently, when played, a better lower tiered person will lose to Mk, fact proven by Sushi PP (and my random ditto Snake/Ness Crio, teh lulz.... lol)
You know what is interesting? SC has always had a history of playing low tier characters. Even in melee! I was mario, yoshido is yoshi, my bro is GAW, Impact AR is Link, Franklin was ganon, etc. South Carolina seems to have a trademark of mainly using low tiers. Now, conisder the top two players in melee for SC. You'd have RC (falco), yay(fox). It is no coincidence that these top players also used top tier characters. And in Brawl, it is no suprise that we have a hard time in tournaments because lets face it- we LOVE playing anything under top tier. And because nobody around us plays top tiers, nobody is getting any top tier PRACTICE. SC needs people to pick top tiers in order to benefit the community by providing experience with this character. I'm not saying you can't win without being top tier. What I AM saying though, is how can we hope to defeat really good characters whom we have no experience against? As much as I love Jmans Sonic and Lariet's CF, the experience I get from playing against these characters is more harmful than beneficial (and yeah, I'm one to blame being the Peach main =p.). Although these battles give me exp against exotic characters, I'd rather be focused on learning how to fight Snake/MK/D3/GAW/Falco/ROB/Marth/Wario/Lucario/etc,, because its that experience that will get us far.

My proposition? I think all of us should learn many of the top tier characters so that all of us can benefit from top tier practice. Besides, learning new characters broaden your insight and creativity for your mains as you learn new characters to play. I'm not saying drop your low tier, just get a high tier going to aid the community.

I for one am going to start learning ROB,Marth, Falco and GAW. Who's with me?

Lareit

Smash Ace
You know what is interesting? SC has always had a history of playing low tier characters. Even in melee! I was mario, yoshido is yoshi, my bro is GAW, Impact AR is Link, Franklin was ganon, etc. South Carolina seems to have a trademark of mainly using low tiers. Now, conisder the top two players in melee for SC. You'd have RC (falco), yay(fox). It is no coincidence that these top players also used top tier characters. And in Brawl, it is no suprise that we have a hard time in tournaments because lets face it- we LOVE playing anything under top tier. And because nobody around us plays top tiers, nobody is getting any top tier PRACTICE. SC needs people to pick top tiers in order to benefit the community by providing experience with this character. I'm not saying you can't win without being top tier. What I AM saying though, is how can we hope to defeat really good characters whom we have no experience against? As much as I love Jmans Sonic and Lariet's CF, the experience I get from playing against these characters is more harmful than beneficial (and yeah, I'm one to blame being the Peach main =p.). Although these battles give me exp against exotic characters, I'd rather be focused on learning how to fight Snake/MK/D3/GAW/Falco/ROB/Marth/Wario/Lucario/etc,, because its that experience that will get us far.

My proposition? I think all of us should learn many of the top tier characters so that all of us can benefit from top tier practice. Besides, learning new characters broaden your insight and creativity for your mains as you learn new characters to play. I'm not saying drop your low tier, just get a high tier going to aid the community.

I for one am going to start learning ROB,Marth, Falco and GAW. Who's with me?
Pick one. I'll keep friendlying snake some and can offer him as practice when we meet. Playing too many chrs leaves you with being good but not great. Like Crio who is Good with the entire cast but isn't great with any of them(his fox is the closest to it)

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Pick one. I'll keep friendlying snake some and can offer him as practice when we meet. Playing too many chrs leaves you with being good but not great. Like Crio who is Good with the entire cast but isn't great with any of them(his fox is the closest to it)
True. Though what I meant I'm gonna pick up the top tiers one by one, not all at once (which is my bad, i mistyped my thought out). I'm thinking Falco will be first on my list to work on. Our match on BF gave me good exp.

Falcon dittos ftw though =].

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I dabble in Tink and Link, sometimes Martha. My Martha can be good but only that im cometent at smash, not AT sand char specific strats

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I can help all of you do what you can to fight Marth...but hardly anyone plays him, so I'm not much help lol.
Marth is amazing nonetheless. And you'll be great help =D

Edit- JMAN: Tlink eh? That's a good character to try out. Love to see it sometime =].

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I got it.

Main-Peach
2nd-GAW
3rd- DK

Peach can handle many characters. Hard matchups- MK/GAW/Falco/Toonlink.

GAW- Can handle MK/GAW/Falco/TL. Has issues against ROB/Snake/ people that hit hard and out range him. I can use peach for those guys.

DK- Is heavy, and can beat snake/MK apparently. Has trouble against gaw (use gaw), ICs (use Peach), olimar (peach), diddy (peach), and TL (GAW).

Next tournament, I'm gonna use these guys to give GAW/DK Exp. We might as well experiment since roughly the same crowd shows up everytime ( i mean this in a good way).

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm great period.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Ummm, @Dev, did u get the Joe n me Set?? it was fµckin awesomeness . **** to reverse ****, mind games galore, too good
Yeah, I've got a lot of your matches.

@Sushi -- **** you, stop being a baby and come down from your high horse. As a player, you aren't any better than any of the other GE regulars, let's see you have half of your success without MK. Try that, then talk ****.

Edit: Justin! WTF!!!

Brawl Singles - 34 entrants

1.) Byaa! (Metaknight)
2.) M@v (Fox)
3.) ithrowthings (Sonic)
4.) Bowz (Falco)
5.) Phoenix Dark (Sonic)
5.) GW jumpman (R.O.B)
7.) Brad King (Snake)
7.) L (Snake)
9.) Camalange (Sonic)
9.) Vario (DDD)
9.) Skipper (Metaknight)
9.) Kawaii (Fox)

Lareit

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've got a lot of your matches.

@Sushi -- **** you, stop being a baby and come down from your high horse. As a player, you aren't any better than any of the other GE regulars, let's see you have half of your success without MK. Try that, then talk ****.

Edit: Justin! WTF!!!

Brawl Singles - 34 entrants

1.) Byaa! (Metaknight)
2.) M@v (Fox)
3.) ithrowthings (Sonic)
4.) Bowz (Falco)
5.) Phoenix Dark (Sonic)
5.) GW jumpman (R.O.B)
7.) Brad King (Snake)
7.) L (Snake)
9.) Camalange (Sonic)
9.) Vario (DDD)
9.) Skipper (Metaknight)
9.) Kawaii (Fox)
Dev dude, Sushi's just a kid. Don't be so rough on him.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
@Sushi -- **** you, stop being a baby and come down from your high horse. As a player, you aren't any better than any of the other GE regulars, let's see you have half of your success without MK. Try that, then talk ****.QUOTE]

Stop being a baby? I hope this doesn't come from the person who just quits after I have a one stock lead on them and then johns about mk all the time. You complain about top tier characters but you play DDD. Stop being a hypocrite and I know I am better than you. I have beaten you in marth dittos when I first came to GE and I never mained/seconded him. Besides, I can 3 stock you with mk.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
You're right, kids will be kids.

Sushi, I formally extend to you an apology of the utmost deepest deplore.

Edit: ^ But, stuff like that is just uncalled for! ^

I'm gonna pull a PP here, and just back down, there's no point in arguing with you.

Top Bottom