• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm going down there in like... 20 minutes, so head over whenever you want for some friendly actions.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
:( I think I'm just about totally not allowed to go to the store >.>; My parents wont eve let me go to watch

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
1: Ryan! ($112.00)
2: Ptown ($32.00)
3: Khai ($16.00)
4: Joe
5: ARS
5: Devin
7: Crio
7: Gil
9: XAT
9: JMan
9: Blae
9: Philip
13: Michael
13: Wind
13: CHRISTIAN
13: Decoy

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Additional Announcement.

For the future, know this. Regardless of whether or not this is your first tournament, we WILL charge a door fee. The "free first tournament" was back when we did gametime tourneys. A door fee applies to everyone.

Next Week, we are Not doing doubles. Instead, we will be doing Low-Tier Singles before the Singles tourney. Standard rate $5 entry fee for Low-Tier singles, $10 for regular Singles. Standard ruleset applies

Low Tier characters(according to the SBR):
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

Next issue: On the October 30th tournament. If you show up wearing a halloween costume, I will waive the door fee. If you show up dressed like your character, I will gently caress you.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Lolololol Dress up as a chibi Ice climber with a blue parka, carrying a hammer...Sounds like fun :p While I'm playing I can smack someone in the face for an auto win :D

zCasanova

Smash Lord
10/02/08 - tourney pics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Does the costume thing mean I have to wear a giant green balloon with a face on it? I don't think I'd be able to get into a car if that were the case. :( I think I'll just go with dyeing my hair blue and being Marth instead.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
It looks like i drank F'ing Unicorn's blood... what, im on drugs and turning into the Tin-Man?? xD

[/URL]
[/img]
Yea, i was rockin my nieces pink hat at a Cubs game right b4 i moved down here in June

[/URL]
[/img]
This was on the way down, somwhere in Booniesville-nowhere, Tennesee, xD Epic lulz

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol at Peter being camera shy.

Be confident and give that camera a smile, or I'm gonna come see you and gimp dat Ike hard.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Lol, finally beat Peter in a match, its like fighting jello: you move, he moves with you, you wobble, he wobbles. Hit it... it hits back and harder. Get it off-stage, it has no recovery, xD

GGs Peter, i really don't like how i can't play "Sonic" my general way against you, but for the record: playing someone like you makes me step up my metagame, and that makes me a better player rather than a better "Sonic" so good stuff and thanks.

Khai and Ryanarius: Good stuff, surprised ur TL and Pit, xD (neither of us could gimp the other, lol) I also notice Ryanarius is defensive and counter-active. So i think i could get you next time.
Edit: Joe: i have Assassin's Creed, DMC 4, GTA IV, Genji, GHIII, MGS 4 (Game of the year w/Brawl), Ninja Gaiden, Sonic 2006, Resistance, and of course, Uncharterd. Pick what you'd want to borrow next week. And in case im extemly poor like im thinking i will be. Next week MAY be just low tier singles for JMan, should do a lot better, xD. Hopefully ppl will enter though... rather than like... 6, xD

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
wtffffffffff Thank Carmen for making my solo picture look like I'm on the prowl for a **** victim.

J/k epic <3. But seriously, I fail.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Crio, u won the thread.
Low tier: Ali, Peter, Adam, JMan, Rot, Decoy, and Crio all main/psuedo main a low tier... Im coming for this one

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
who does peter play in low tier? and who's adam!??!

Dont forget EvilShort*ness* and Gil (pokemon trainer or something) and Blae plays Mario, Tamis loves him some Ganondorf (oh yeah, peter plays ganon, lol@Sean).

Should be fun :D

Edit: This post is unnecessary.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Quite. Sonic actually has advantages over most low tier. nearly all have shoddy recovery (gimp-hax-pro*cough)
Adam and Peter both play uber good Cap Falcons.

The Director

Smash Lord
I might go to the one tomorrow. Probably not, tho.

I'm def. going to the one next weekend since it doesn't interfere with my work schedule.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Peter, you're spacing is amazing. I really need to watch myself with you. We need to play more.

Crio, you're very informed about what tactics are out there. You really got some good stuff under your belt, for real. IMO, I think you spread yourself out too much, but then again you came with some unexpected stuff. Your Ness is awesome. Sorry Nintendo didn't beef him up enough.

JoeC, nice DK. Sorry, that I have to spam the crap out of you. You're big and hairy and I'm just a scared little boy.

Devin, good Marth. I really wish we can play more than just one match up. Four tournaments we run into each other and only one singles match up, strange. I do need some Marth experience too. Carmen, no redos on pictures...? Maybe I should dress up next time around and NOT make a face. Thanks for the pictures. I'll be honest I wouldn't have remembered these names.

Jman, you really surprise me with Sonic. You really got some tricks. Keep on working on it and I'm sure you'll be up to par with everyone soon.

Ali, where were you at, huh? I probably shouldn't complain, though. If you were there I might of not placed top three. :p

RYAN! I hate you... Can I come over?

This is Khai, BTW.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Peter, enjoyed playing you again. Is there any character you don't play?

devin, good marth as always. Both our matches were really close.

crio, do you sell counterpick suggestions? Like 50 cents for a sure win counterpick map... thats two quarter money matches. Your ness was really impressive, great games.

khai, spam more... none of your matches even came down to time. Thats a pretty clear sign your not spamming enough.

jman, glad to finally play you. Your sonic was fast with several cool tricks. I'd describe myself as having a defensive counter-attack style the question is can you beat it?

ptown

Smash Ace
i can play alot of the characters in the usual ways, but i have some that are more interesting.

good stuff, ryan.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
i can play alot of the characters in the usual ways, but i have some that are more interesting.

good stuff, ryan.
Yeah, your ice climbers were a pain, those little guys scare me I'm just glad their chaingrab is so hard to do. I don't think anyone saw a lucario vs. ice climbers finals coming.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
WTF, lol, im one of the good players, not the scrubby ones, xD

Anywho, i especially noticed in our matches Ryan that i would dash grab, you'd spot dodge to punish... its simply not approaching like that, dash shield grabbing, mixing it up... so yea, i think i can. I got Peter in one match finally, xD

And Khai, it was fun stage spiking your TLink, i can tell you weren't expecting those, lol. I do play a tricky Sonic, i just wish his faster attacks (jab, tilts) were idk... relativley fast w/ range. Wolf's smashes beat sonic's tilts or tie them, its sad... xD. That, and against blade users (cough*top 4/5 top placers*cough*) have range/priority over that... and the 5th was DK who is Priority-Master, lol. I prefer trickery mixed with unseen gimping. But again, good stuff. I was surprised i could work around your guys spam (arrows, bombs, light arrows, ect)

I think i can get you guys now, but we shall see. Rotimer plays a very different Sonic, i think he'd fair a little worse, only cause he seems to be more straightforward, and those matchups favor you guys, but thats mho.

Top Bottom