• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

Lareit

Smash Ace
I'm unsure if I will be able to go.
All the gas stations near me are empty. I don't even know if I have enough gas to check the stations later this week hahaha.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
That video made me laugh quite heartily. Many applause.

The turnout should be decent. Subpar, maybe.

Adam, quit failing and go get some gas.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Well if you put it THAT way...!

Yah I'll def. be there tomorrow. All for you, Devin! :chuckle:
You will not regret that decision, my friend.

I'm hoping we break 10 people this time, it all depends on the UNCC crew. Speaking of, we should have a crew battle., 5v5.

Why can we never have consistent turnouts? Where else should we turn for more/new people?

Everyone always has johns.

Lareit

Smash Ace
That video made me laugh quite heartily. Many applause.

Adam, quit failing and go get some gas.
Can't get gas from stations that have none
I've checked 3 times. I don't know if I have enough gas to drive the half a mile to the nearest one later this week.

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
To the UNCC people: If gas is the issue, I'll help pay for gas if you guys give me a ride. I just need to know where to be and when to be there.

If you don't remember me, I'm the one who was playing as the green Kirby and the green suit Marth on Saturday.
shhhhhhhhhh we are keeping you secret.

UNCC found new kids to add to the collection!

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping we break 10 people this time, it all depends on the UNCC crew. Speaking of, we should have a crew battle., 5v5.

Why can we never have consistent turnouts? Where else should we turn for more/new people?
yeah me and khai are waiting to see if the uncc people are going... Any word from mega smash and his group?

I'd definitely want in on some crew battle action. NC vs SC or something like that.

For new people I'd say the best bet is maybe schools. I'd imagine most schools have a group or two of casual smashers that if they knew about tournaments would go. Clemson for example we only have like 4 competitive smashers who are students (a few more non Clemson students play with us often) but twice a year Clemson University host a well advertised tournament that somehow gets around 35 people all of which seem to think they are amazing.

The Director

Smash Lord
I'll be there tomorrow. Should I bring my Wii? We really need friendlies going on in the back.

We should do a special NC vs SC week. (NC's got you guys beat!!) :chuckle:

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
As for tomorrow, still up in the air.

Crew battles, I'll rally the troops for next week (get everyone to cancel their plans) if you guys can get your people prepared.

Can we do that SC people?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So.... do i actually have a doubles partner tomorrow??? Or what.... its like... so hard to get a confirmation from anyone, lol :p

Anyways, again, if we have a really sub-par turnout... are we skipping doubles? (3 teams in a dubz tourney = ********)

Edit: It will inevitablly devolve into NC-SC best players..... Adam/Devin/JMan/Crio/Eric vs... Al-eter/.....
Ryanarius =SC??? i have no idea in the world, :p

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
I have quizzes every Friday, so I can't skip.
tell your teacher tomorrow, be like "i have a funeral to attend next friday, can i take my quiz thursday/wednesday *tears* PLEASE IT WAS GREAT UNCLE'S COUSIN'S LAST DYING WISH TO HAVE ME AT HIS FUNERAL *more tears*"

Worked for me... once... kinda...

lord karn

Smash Master
tell your teacher tomorrow, be like "i have a funeral to attend next friday, can i take my quiz thursday/wednesday *tears* PLEASE IT WAS GREAT UNCLE'S COUSIN'S LAST DYING WISH TO HAVE ME AT HIS FUNERAL *more tears*"

Worked for me... once... kinda...
Hmmmmmm. . .

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
if you have quizzes every friday they can't count for that much. I'm just saying.
No Ryan, if hes going to not be there friday, he will be honest and truthful and make sure he has a clear conscience. Thats why my solution is clearly the path the gods would take if he were in the same situation.

Gileril

Smash Cadet
I will be there so long as I have a ride..... I'll probably need a doubles partner if evil can't make it again.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Don't forget, for the few of you who come, we're actually going to seed the brackets this week.

And, Justin, if Adam can't come, we might have to use your Wii out on the floor--if that's cool.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Crap-tastical, xD
Oh well, Im coming for Peter, Devin, and Joe this week it seems, ppl who placed higher than me last week, xD. Well, its looking to be a decent turnout of at least double digits, so thats a plus....
@Joe: Bring your wii too dude, so we can for sure at least have friendlies going on.
@UNCC Folk: Any who have capture methods, bring them... Devin can only get so many matches, and quite honestly watching my matches is about my only method of improving since i don't have live players to play against. Plus...we have missed some ****-fests making us look godly, and some good matches in general. We need... at least 2, 3 if you want to record freindlies/ doubles in the back maybe...

zCasanova

Smash Lord
We didn't have any matches to put up this week because nobody played on the ****ing T.V. with the recording equipment. I even asked some people to play on it and they didn't want to. I think we're just going to stick to finals from now on.

Top Bottom