• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

The Director

Smash Lord
In terms of skill, Rot and Jman are about even. I'll give some extra points to Jman because he can survive longer, giving him a little more room for a comeback should he need it.

Also, that's not really fair to Rotimer since I haven't played him nearly as much as Jman. I'd say you guys are even. Work on some new tactics for next time!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Bah to you Director
TBH, if Rot outright kills but gets killed in turn.... where i gimp & kill outright, survive and such... i get that edge. Plus you playing me lots on 3 occasions would help you against me and DK has the advantage (rember i combo yoy 12 hits... 3 utilts when i tripped by you gave me morr damage, XD)

Rot is more methodic than I. Makes him a good smasher. I just pull it out, fluster, combo, and gimp swordies to death. (@Director: your next to impossible to gimp. Your upB outranges our Bair and beats Dair... no gimping without rdally likley countergimp)

The Director

Smash Lord
Rotimer playes more definsively than you do, but I that could've been because it was his first time facing me.

I need to play you more, Rotimer. You've got a skilled Sonic. They're so rare...

Somebody bring another Wii next week so we can set it up in the back room to have friendlies going the entire time. I'll bring mine if you need, but I'm sure there's somebody who lives closer that can step up to the challenge.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
****, you guys get some confidence.

They can be beat--I'm coming for Peter's *** next week.

BTW: Who's up for WABA on the 18th?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Dude, i'd so go if i could afford it.
Hey, SC crew (Adam, Devin, Eric, Brandon, Myself,+ whom i forget) We should def try to shoot for Nov WABA trip.

Im not too sure gout beating ppl who can practicd with a wide range (40+ at UNCC?) when literally, im a "bad" main who plays once a week legit. Practice would help. Sunday, anyone want to try to play
And i veat Ali once, xD (gimped each stock, too good).

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
****, you guys get some confidence.

They can be beat--I'm coming for Peter's *** next week.

BTW: Who's up for WABA on the 18th?
Me and some clemson smashers might, I was going to waba regularly during the summer. The main pain with GA tournaments is its nothing but mk's... my last tournament in GA was snake (lose), mk, mk, mk and then the same snake who was in my crew... stupid bracket, but now my snake good enough that shouldn't be so bad. The weekend before that theres impact clash which is looking like its going to be quite big.

I know I say this every week but I've been in the mood for a brawl tournament... so I'll probably make it to the next gamer's edge even if I have to drive there by myself (although then I'd feel obligated to win just to pay for gas).

Lareit

Smash Ace
bwahaha nov waba?
We won't have power come november(if I'm lucky atleast, come on economic collapse!)

BEHR

Smash Hero
I was at bill Justice. so was Dagani, and Lareit.

And I'm coming to the next one. I'm gonna get that Jiggz ditto.
Where you the one that asked me? D:

My bad bro I forgot. ;-;

I got you tho.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I would be happy to caravan it, most def.

I'm not at Gamer's Edge Dev, can't get the full results. Needless to say, Mega Smash got last or something. (lol)

The Director

Smash Lord
Needless to say, Mega Smash got last or something. (lol)
Um...I may have had a hand in that. Played him in the first round. He actually had a decent Lucario, it came down to the wire until I cheaply stage spiked...then I cremed his Marf.

Yo, does anybody here have AIM? My SN is Joseph R Casper (yes, my SN is my actual name)

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Ok, I've come up with, what I think, is a decent way to start seeding the brackets. This way, we won't have 'best player #1' and 'best player #2' playing each other during the first round. It'll be more like, #1 vs. #16. That way, the better players actually stay in the winner's bracket to play each other later on, and the loser's find their place in the loser's bracket.

We're going to try it Thursday to see if it makes the first rounds go a little quicker.

What do you guys think?

Gileril

Smash Cadet
Ok, I've come up with, what I think, is a decent way to start seeding the brackets. This way, we won't have 'best player #1' and 'best player #2' playing each other during the first round. It'll be more like, #1 vs. #16. That way, the better players actually stay in the winner's bracket to play each other later on, and the loser's find their place in the loser's bracket.

We're going to try it Thursday to see if it makes the first rounds go a little quicker.

What do you guys think?
It's a good idea. Will you use the previous weeks results, or an average placing? Either way the question of how to seed newcomers will arise- If you stick them at the bottom, the only downside is that it can be discouraging for new people to get ***** by #1 in the first round. The other option is to randomize the newcomers, divide the bracket in half, and stick them in the center.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
@Wildstar: Fair enough, i was just curious. If my money is too tight (and usually, it is... i can really only afford to enter the tourney bi-weekly... xD) i'll friendly you instead

And Devin, that def needs to happen. Winner's stay in winner's, loosers find themselves in loosers and thereby increase their chances of placing higher. The majority of the ppl that attend are good, Crio said something about it being by "general skill" before for the ranking (noob, intermediate, and expert skills?) and thats how the brackets went. So it may have to go by standings then.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Yeah. I do already organize the players by probable skill. It's not an exact science of seeding, but it hasn't exactly done us wrong yet. Ptown and Ali haven't fought first round.

It organizes into three groups, which acts as a semi-seed. Begginer / Intermediate / Pro. It's a condensed seeding format, which I think works pretty well considering.

If you want, we can try manual seeding next week, I just think that this works decently enough to not worry too much about it.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I do already organize the players by probable skill. It's not an exact science of seeding, but it hasn't exactly done us wrong yet. Ptown and Ali haven't fought first round.

out of curiosity, how were we seeded when me and ali played first round?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
out of curiosity, how were we seeded when me and ali played first round?
If it's your first tournament at GE, I put you in the begginer section, because I have no other accurate way of distinction. If you played Ali first round in your first tourney, that could be why. If it wasn't your first, then I messed up something, clearly.

To Gil: You were seeded in Intermediate I think. /shrug.

Gileril

Smash Cadet
To Gil: You were seeded in Intermediate I think. /shrug.
I have no objection to whatever you rate me as.... it doesn't matter. However, given that you rate me as intermediate, and Peter who always places top2 as pro, then we shouldn't face each other in the first round unless you somehow rate him as intermediate or me as beginner. The point is, even if you're using roughly the same logic, it's not being implemented across the board (pros face beginners first round, intermediates face intermediates), and it's not as exact as numeric seeding.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
If it's your first tournament at GE, I put you in the begginer section, because I have no other accurate way of distinction. If you played Ali first round in your first tourney, that could be why. If it wasn't your first, then I messed up something, clearly.
It was my second GE tournament. Doesn't really matter... it worked out and made for a more exciting bracket.

I should make it this week and I'll be looking for money matches. If anyones looking for MM ditto's I'd be happy to MM ditto lucario, dk, pit or snake.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yea... how many did we have?
BTW:Rot- Sonic ditto team??? We'd get owned unless they suck. Too hard to kill w/out likley killing eachother. I needs a hard-hitting partner (DK was perfection, Snake/Ike/ a good gimper would do too)
Adam/Joe/Devin... team this week?
Rot: Friendly team w/me... see how it plays out. I honestly see us hurting eachother and lacking power (KO characrers would pwn us if we don't gimp)

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing I'm going to wait until this whole "gas shortage" bs is over with. I don't wanna make the drive up there and can't find gas to get there. Something really doesn't want me to go, I hate my life. </emo>

Top Bottom