• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

Rotimer

Smash Cadet

Gileril

Smash Cadet
Rotmimer... take ur foot out of your mouth plz, you've placed horribly and play a campy Sonic who litterally can't play campy (save MAYBE Mr.3000)

We played one Sonic ditto, and i SD by jacking around.... its been a consensus i have the best Sonic there... prove me wrong :/ Also, Sonic "Dittos" aren't generally the best way to measure a Sonic... its twice the speeding around trying to land a blow...

For your information, i baited you, Spinshoted, and attempted do GIMP your Sonic simply for the lulz. Dont' try to compare it to me or i WILL switch out my TL and lock you down... and guess what... i dare you to switch to another character, and get ***** further

If your above post was a joke, sorry to go on a tangent. But in our 3 stock match on PS1 where i SD and then attempted a laughable gimp to weigh your Sonic out... don't think your better. I don't say your BAD by any means... but you camp and i SAW you loose to a few ppl i beat consecutivley (Blae was one... he switched multiple ppl and realized it, and he pwnt you 1st round simply cause you camped, got out ranged, out prioritized, and were simply "Too slow" when you should never be..."

Rant end
Rotimer plays a campy sonic? In my experience he throws caution to the wind as much as the next sonic, and is fairly critical of mr. 3000's style.

You were "jacking around?" Sandbagging is an insult to your opponent and not an excuse for a loss. Consensus? I've knocked you both out of tournaments, and I'll tip my vote to Rotimer for being an adaptive player all around, rather than someone who clings onto ATs thinking it matters more than a win (note I'm biased as a friend of rot though). The matches I lost last week, which were generally close, were extremely simplistic (against crio and the guy with the good marth- devin?)- in the end they outplayed me on a very basic level. Use what works, dispose of what doesn't. Whether I'm biased or not, It's not a consensus now :lick: . Sonic dittos are meaningless? Are you the authority on sonic decorum? lulz.

Hehe I used to be a TL main for a long time, so rotimer has some good practice against TL (although it's not quite as gay as vs lucario!). I'd like to ditto your TL though, projectiles pewpewpew.

We play people like blae almost every day. Sonic is a limited character and we've learned a lot of the tricks and habits of Rotimer by now. However he continues to improve his sonic without excuses, and he is getting better. He wtf pwned my lucario today!

Also, new lucario guy, lets have a pokemon battle! :D

Edit: And yes those new videos are not me. My videos should consist of getting pwnd by cfalc :D

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Wtf?

I think instead of a Sonic vs. Sonic battle, we should have a Rotimer vs. Justin FIGHT in the back parking lot.

Winner gets 90% of the pot.

Edit: I fixed the videos, Rot. In the future, to make it easier for me, everyone used their own name, please. Capturing/editing/uploading/etc. ALL of those videos is a huge hassle, so small things like that matter.

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
Edit: I fixed the videos, Rot. In the future, to make it easier for me, everyone used their own name, please. Capturing/editing/uploading/etc. ALL of those videos is a huge hassle, so small things like that matter.
of course friend, sorry we didn't do it last time. I know how time consuming it is so any other suggestions you have to make it easier on you can be implemented. Other suggestion - have you considered filefront for uploading? it allows you to upload as a raw to steam play as well as be downloaded (youtube downloading... meh).

IRL fight in the back parking lot? O.o

Maybe we can borrow the roman coliseum... and some tigers... and primal weapons... and a moat! Yes, if we're going to IRL fight, there must be a moat.

The Director

Smash Lord
I think instead of a Sonic vs. Sonic battle, we should have a Rotimer vs. Justin FIGHT in the back parking lot.
I'll bring my camera and collect admission tickets.

Wow. Lotsa smack talk going on. God help the poor soul who decides to show up with a really, really good DK.

*edit* I'm def. coming today. I didn't even go to the doctor today. I was like "I'll be fine!" (if you really want to know what I had, ask me in person)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Ehz...
Sonic dittos are fun. If u were indeed joking Rot, no probs. Sonic vs Sonic boils to who can execute (which we both pointed out some things to eachother) but again: Friendly exhibition doesn't mean u r bettr.
Short on time, so Gils and Rot's post got skim read.

Anyways, not condecending u Rot but i did feel condecended by your comments. And not so much full of myself as confident in my matchups. BTW, i said Rot plahs a better "Smas" meta-game, but IMOHO i play a better Sonic. Sonic dittos aren't quite like others... there a different type of match. We shall talk in person guys, get it out

Rot: Sorry for misinterpreting younothing bit respect for your Sonic, or to anyone there. Quite a few great players, but im confident, not cocky. Im human and don't care too much for disrespect. Really, i think im by far most at fault, but we all took it too far

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Ok, read up on this guys, i see what points you made now, lol

No, not sandbagging, our Sonic ditto was indeed a friendly, not a tournement match make-or-break. So yes, i was goofing around and trying random approaches, feints, baits to see what his Sonic would do in multiple situations. As such, its was friendly (at one point to any who remember, we were actually teaching techs to eachother, I.E: the spinshot, saves Sonic's *** against spammers, and closes the gap/gets you in good postion to pull a kill move) and he in turn showed me the ASC landing cancel that works everytime. He won, he did really well, but it was a fun ditto, not a serious match or money match.

And you claiming anything about bias? Well, obviously the SC regulars say i have the best Sonic, you at UNCC seem to think he's the better Sonic... pff... bias abound. Also, the real reason i got aggitated is cause when you showed up the first time, i was playing Joe's DK first round, and you all were watching and saying "Oh, i have a better Sonic... Your Sonic pwns his, ect" and i really don't care much for that. Thats is kind of how it all got started. Upon playing the following week, i wanted to see what he could do to gauge it myself, i hoped he gauged me as well, we both picked up a few things.
and @Gil: when you did knock me out, i was already late... as in when you camped and i couldn't kill you and vice versa, it went to Sudden death. So naturally, you have a large advantage (range, lingering hitboxes, priority, attack speed, a counter, ect) and it was quite even and i commend it. I lost. Second round, it was playing out the same way and as such, i went aggressive (win or loose, faster round). No johns there, but i was already due to go (and to Rot: that is why i had no idea how i placed, i had looked at the bracket b4 that match, and i did think i took for and left well before the tourney ended, so my mistake, third time saying that one... >_>)

Edit: The whole point of Sonic dittoes being a bit wonky is yea, i obviosly have a lot more knowlege on Sonic than you. Wonder why... anyway: Switching characters we can see how we'd react/also guage our own skill levels besides just Sonic. Im sure he has just as little experience Sonic ditto-wise as i do. So... when we dash and miss eachother by a few stride lenghts, it become a bit of "cat/mouse" and trying to land that one blow and combo... at which it becomes increasingly harder to land a "kill" blow. Which is why yes, more options such as AT and mindgaming all add up to your metagame, and help get past certain situations/unfavorable matchups. My TL is honestly laughibly bad (ask Crio... lol, he almost 3stocked me with his D3 on FD) but by trying that, he can land his set ups as well as i can counter his set ups. Switch, im Sonic and he's whoever, tables are turned. So a 3 match minimum would more thouroughly "gauge" or Sonic prowess and help eliminate all bias there. You follow what i meant now? Sonic friendly, two others, and maybe a 4th "Sonic" serious. Plus, only one match... lol c'mon step it up.
Im more than willing to TL ditto, should be interesting with the pwpwpwpw dmg racking up, but more than likely as im Sonic 99% and TL 1% for the lulz, you'd hand my arse to me. But that matchup (imo) would be a friendly, and gauging skill, not necissarily to win.
Super Edit:
Next time we fight, 2 rules. No bull**** excuses or reasons how you won or lost, I'll get Tamis to handle that department (the sun was in my eyes, my controller malfunctioned, i had to blink). 2, no crying when you lose.

(due to lack of emotion expressed through text, this post has been modified from its original form to fit the sarcasm and joke resolution of your screen.)

Now i get you a bit more. As to your point of the last kill (you offstage at higher pecent, me spinshotting towards you to attempt a HA kill) it was honestly a hit-or-miss attack, we both know that. It i was a way to see if you'd be able to counter it. In all seriousness, another gimp would have been much better.
And no Johns, we'll serious Sonic ditto and see what's what. And we'll also see who places higher, fair enough. And i guess your a bit of a jokster and make light fun via sarcasm, really sorry for jumping down your throat

*Publicly apologized to Rotimer*

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I was at bill Justice. so was Dagani, and Lareit.

And I'm coming to the next one. I'm gonna get that Jiggz ditto.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
1 Ali : $126.00
2 Peter : $36.00
3 Joe Casper : $18.00
4 Devin
5 Jman
5 Gil
7 Rotimer
7 Eric
9 Crio
9 TDD
9 Michael
9 Adam

ptown

Smash Ace
you got some good sonics here yesterday.

jman has some tricksies! dangerous.

rot, you're sonic is VERY much improved, bro! it was really smooth, direct, and smart. i say that from the bottom of my cold, cold heart.

Rotimer

Smash Cadet

rot, you're sonic is VERY much improved, bro! it was really smooth, direct, and smart. i say that from the bottom of my cold, cold heart.

Aww, much thanks P-Town.

As for the Jman vs Rotimer issue, I think its over.

for now...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Lulz

In a serious match, i won. Its good. We play different but at the end of the day, im SC, he's NC, so whatev....

Yea, im a trickster, baiter, ect Sonic. To be really really honest, i can't kill well anymore due to wi fi play and Peter, im taking your advice: just training mode. I had to show Crio what i meant by fast falling spaced Bairs being really crucial to Sonic's game and what it does when you have it down pack (example)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV2tn5-ExiE&feature=related
In our friendly, on Yoshi's Island, i ran, short hopped and fast falled a sweetspotted Bair like butter a few times... it helps keep the spacing down (coughs, biggest issue with Ali/Peter, cough*) so, practicing again

I know more things... i just don't execute, sad that i win that way, but that's Sonic's playstyle i suppose
Edit: and teh best recovery evr helps a ton, xD (opionated, but hard to gimp vs counter gimp, and if in relative range, HA homes to the stage or opponet = infinite recovery there.... pretty much unless expertly gimped, only blastline KO's kill Sonic) I'd say Pit... but he just hax and a spring pwns his recovery, lol

JMan8891

Halfrican-American

I can just tell that Peter loves the gimping i pull, lol. That Dair semi-spike just rox my sox

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
@Rotimer: lol :p

Funny truth: you need to now work on new strats/approaches/feints/mindgames and incorporating that into your game (gimping... never see you try...)
I need to get my precision back (and really: how the F do you so perfectly hit your Fair out of spins to combo? i always miss a bit and don't get the knockback, so i go for Uair as its everytime...)

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
I know, my approaches are getting a little too autopiloty... and i've never really been good at feinting like you. Same with my gimping, I just so rarely try and when I do, it usually just kills me, so I avoid it unless it is super likely to work. Your gimping is the best i've seen so i'm trying to work that like you.

As for the Fair spin, practice in slowmo training mode, it should make 2 hits before you start your Fair, not 3. So basically you have initial spin hit, jumped spin hit and before the second jumped spin hit immediately go into your Fair otherwise they have a change to airdodge/get away or you'll stale out and get punished. :)

Your ledge game is really good, but your ground game is kinda predictable to me and you tend to get punished on a failed Dair out of a spin. I'd suggest maybe going for a full ground spin to a spring or footstool.

Also, learn the ASC cancel combo, just today I finally got the ASC cancel to smash timed right, zero lag frames.

I'm sure we'll both have new tricks for next week and tbh, i can't wait :)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Should... if i can play someone...
And groundgame? vs Ali/peter i tend to aggress and get ownd cause of it. Against others, effective bait, lol

Top Bottom