• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game: Who do you think will be the next character announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Since I have no chance of being right everSince Luigi just pretty much throws the "No unlockables shown beforehand" argument out the window, and with Pokemon X/Y hype being at an all time high by late September/early October, I actually think there's a fair chance they'll show Jigglypuff.
So, what if Luigi wasn't unlockable this time around?

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
With Wario Land 3 coming to the 3DS Virtual Console by the end of this month, I see Wario having a pretty good chance getting confirmed next as well.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Maybe with some actual moves from his platformers and not a whole "lolzWarioWare'smicrogames" moveset going on
OMG Yes I agree! I got a little disappointed that his signature tackle wasn't set as one his B moves. :facepalm: I've never once seen the corkscrew be any useful (to me at least).

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I blame this place (and this topic) for the dream I had last night after Luigi's reveal. I had a dream that Waluigi was revealed soon after.

Quite a mundane dream, really. But worth sharing here I suppose.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
With Wario Land 3 coming to the 3DS Virtual Console by the end of this month, I see Wario having a pretty good chance getting confirmed next as well.
I am not so sure if virtual console dates matter too much because earthbound getting a worldwide (Outside of Japan) re-release was probably more important than wario land 3. Also sakurai has mentioned he never liked wario until warioware so he may be slightly biased.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Quick question: does anyone think its likely we can get another character reveal this month? I mean, with Luigi, the way it sounded Sakurai just put Luigi on the site quickly because of the month of Luigi. What if there's a big character reveal still in the month?

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Quick question: does anyone think its likely we can get another character reveal this month? I mean, with Luigi, the way it sounded Sakurai just put Luigi on the site quickly because of the month of Luigi. What if there's a big character reveal still in the month?
Its possible.

At some point or another Sakurai is going to reveal more than one character a month or else we wont see a complete roster on the site before the release of the game.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
It's possible, there was no rule saying one character a month. I just want to get through the veterens who will obviously be returning...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd say yes because Luigi was revealed only 7 days into the month and, even considering Sakurai's legendary stalling powers, I'd don't expect him to stay that lip locked especially with the game being as far in development as it is. I don't know about a "big" reveal but I will be genuinely surprised if another veteran isn't shown in the next three weeks.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, I'm hoping for another veteran too. The other two character reveals, Olimar and WFT, were in the middle of the months, Luigi was on the early part of his, maybe that's an indication. Either that or he just thought it was important to have in the trailer. Still, they can't keep on going with the 1 character per month thing, nor can they keep on going with the formular that the character has to rep a new game. I expect characters like Wario, Dedede, Ice Climbers and such to be revealed pretty randomly since they don't have upcoming games.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I'm expecting some random vetran or newcomer in September,because there are not any major games in September.

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
I think either King Dedede or Meta Knight will be next. Kirby is the only one of Nintendo's major series that doesn't have announcements this year and it still has two pretty certain veterans to confirm

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Its possible.

At some point or another Sakurai is going to reveal more than one character a month or else we wont see a complete roster on the site before the release of the game.
Sakurai also said that he plans on revealing less this time...plus there is less to reveal this time anyway.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I've created a calendar of who I think may be revealed, based on release dates for games (like how Olimar was revealed around Pikmin 3's release, or Luigi around Mario & Luigi: Dream Team's release)

Sometime soon:
Wario (Game & Wario)
Marth (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

October:
Jigglypuff or Mewtwo (Pokemon X and Y)
Toon Link (Wind Waker HD)

November:
Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze)
Sonic (Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, Sonic Lost World)
Zelda or Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)

December:
Peach (Super Mario 3D World)

Next year:
Yoshi (Yarn Yoshi, Yoshi's New Island)

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I've created a calendar of who I think may be revealed, based on release dates for games (like how Olimar was revealed around Pikmin 3's release, or Luigi around Mario & Luigi: Dream Team's release)

Sometime soon:
Wario (Game & Wario)

October:

November:

December:

Next year:
Game & Wario released long ago

Groose

Smash Champion
The evidence is pointing towards a Pokemon or maybe even Wonder Red.

That's exactly why I'm going to have to predict Pigma Dengar.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I blame this place (and this topic) for the dream I had last night after Luigi's reveal. I had a dream that Waluigi was revealed soon after.

Quite a mundane dream, really. But worth sharing here I suppose.
I hear that;

I had a Smash Dream the other day that when Mario 3D World was released the character reveal wasn't Peach. It wasn't Toad either. Or Bowser Jr. Or even Waluigi.

It was Nabbit.

The horror.

On subject: Puff, Mewtwo or Lucario. If we have to pick specifically I'll go with Puff.

D

Deleted member

Sometime soon:
Wario (Game & Wario)
Game & Wario was released 2 months ago and Fire Emblem: Awakening was released months before. However, I do see Marth or Ike getting announced near the release of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Game & Wario was released 2 months ago and Fire Emblem: Awakening was released months before. However, I do see Marth or Ike getting announced near the release of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.
Didn't Awakening release before anything official about SSB4 was even revealed?

MattX20

Smash Hero
I wonder if there will be any new character reveals during the time the Tokyo Game Show is held this year.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
At the rate they're going now, we might as well expect Wonder Red next. I'm not entirely serious about this, but it would make a large amount of sense. Nintendo is blatantly tapping into their biggest marketing tool for the first time with Smash Bros. (I'm shocked they didn't do it before), and The Wonderful 101 could use it. It's a new Nintendo IP, and it's a game coming out for the struggling Wii U very soon. Not to mention Sakurai's visit to Platinum Studios not too long ago (and I suppose during what would be a reasonable time into development for a character to be added to the roster)...

Honestly, I don't think The Wonderful 101 will get a character in Smash but I do think it will get some content.. like an Assist Trophy. That would be perfect.

I'm calling Ike revealed next.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Fair enough, but my logic was that it would be better to reveal them soon (as the reveal/release dates would only separated by months) as opposed to waiting for the next opportunity (what if no new Wario game gets released until after SSB's release date, for example?)
Assuming that Sakurai will continue to follow this pattern, which may or may not be the case.

D

Deleted member

Fair enough, but my logic was that it would be better to reveal them soon (as the reveal/release dates would only separated by months) as opposed to waiting for the next opportunity (what if no new Wario game gets released until after SSB's release date, for example?)
Assuming that Sakurai will continue to follow this pattern, which may or may not be the case.
I'm pretty sure that some characters who don't have new games coming out will eventually be announced (like Meta Knight). However, if Sakurai really feels the need to promote Wario Land 3, we might see Wario before the end of this month.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was coming here to post the same thing, didn't think somebody else would suggest it.

The Wonderful 101 is a new nintendo ip. I don't think it's that crazy a thought that Wonder Red (or some team combo) could be the next smasher to be announced.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I was coming here to post the same thing, didn't think somebody else would suggest it.

The Wonderful 101 is a new nintendo ip. I don't think it's that crazy a thought that Wonder Red (or some team combo) could be the next smasher to be announced.
I see Wonder Red being more of an unlockable if he's in - the Wonderful 101 Nintendo Direct from the other day would have been the perfect opportunity to reveal him if he was a starter newcomer.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm thinking we'll see one more veteran before another newcomer reveal.

I think we'll be seeing another veteran this August since Luigi was revealed on the earlier half of the month, and since there's no more notable games that will come out this month to advertise I'm thinking it's a good time to reveal Dedede, since there's no Kirby games in sight to advertise later. All of September is completely bare too, no game releases worth noting, so I'm betting on Little Mac here.

EDIT: Woah, 1000th post.

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking we'll see one more veteran before another newcomer reveal.

I think we'll be seeing another veteran this August since Luigi was revealed on the earlier half of the month, and since there's no more notable games that will come out this month to advertise I'm thinking it's a good time to reveal Dedede, since there's no Kirby games in sight to advertise later. All of September is completely bare too, no game releases worth noting, so I'm betting on Little Mac here.

EDIT: Woah, 1000th post.
Congrats on your 1000th post!

I think that Meta Knight will be revealed before King Dedede personally since Meta Knight was on that conceptual whiteboard drawing. I think that he or Wario will be revealed next. I also have a strange feeling that Ness will get announced soon too.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Congrats on your 1000th post!

I think that Meta Knight will be revealed before King Dedede personally since Meta Knight was on that conceptual whiteboard drawing. I think that he or Wario will be revealed next. I also have a strange feeling that Ness will get announced soon too.
Thanks!

Dedede is more important to the Kirby franchise and is more popular than Meta Knight though. The reason Meta Knight was revealed before Dedede in Brawl is because he is much better trailer material. Also, like Sakurai himself says, people look too much into the stuff he posts on Twitter, the whiteboard drawing isn't a big indication of anything.

That's not saying that Meta Knight can't be revealed before Dedede, it's worked once before, I don't see why it wouldn't work again. I just see Dedede as more likely for some reason, let's call it a gut feeling.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Sometime soon:
Wario (Game & Wario)

October:

November:

December:

Next year:
You got sonic lost worlds wrong its October not November for that one but now there's 2 chances for sonic to get anounced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom