• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game: Who do you think will be the next character announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Sheik was really a sort of WTF-addition back then though. And at the time, even very relevant. Sparked up a lot of speculation though if Zelda was also in, or definitely out cause they picked Sheik. Back then, it was a good idea. Nowadays, that one apperance is still Sheik's only role. Sakurai couldn't have known that that was gonna happen in time though. So am still 50/50 expecting Impa. Mainly to just change around things in the Zelda cast more. If Zelda shows any signs of serious moveset revamps, I'll grow far more confident in Impa. If Sakurai posts MiiVerse updates about how Zelda 'was always a slow, but powerful character bla bla bla' I'll just throw in the towel, and say Sheik's back. Skyward Sword or mixed design Zelda makes me far more confident in Impa as well, wether OoT and TP Zelda would hint to Sheik more (plus a next character reveal that isn't Impa). So really, Zelda's confirmation can't come earlier.
Uh no.. Sheik herself wasn't WTF; it's the fact that Zelda transformed because that mechanic was unheard of.

The thing is Ocarina of Time is not Sheik's only appearance. Sheik is Zelda. Like Tetra is Zelda. Zelda has appeared in most Zelda game's as one form or another (all aside from Link's Awakening). Sheik is in the game because Zelda is in the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No. Each Zelda is a different one. She can't even logically be Sheik without having had propper training from a Sheikah. Which was ironically Impa in Ocarina of Time. And only Impa would make sence to be her teacher again if Sheik was to return, cause only Impa is a Sheikah close to the Royal Family. They tend to keep a sort of continunity like that going. And especailly with Impa being in Skyward Sword, and Sheik not being in Twilight Princess I'd expect to see Impa back before Sheik in the main series. If Impa ends up with a huge role in Zelda Wii U again, be sure that people are gonna support her way more. And if not... People will look back at Skyward Sword as the best title in the series like they always do when a new Zelda comes out :smirk: Either way, I don't see why Sheik should be considered when she's not the 'main' character anyway. If you wanna play Sheik, you pick Zelda. That's the name the announcer says, and Zelda is the character to appear on official art when grouped togheter to. Zelda and Sheik, despite being one identity, are still two separate movesets. I also don't think it does the series full justice.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm guessing we're getting someone from Pokemon in October to go with X and Y's release dates. I'd bet on the Pokemon Trainer myself. The only other possible solo reveal would be Sonic. But multiple characters could be shown at once. November would likely have Zelda or(not quite as likely)Ganondorf. And in December, either Diddy Kong or someone new.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I think Sakurai should just have a big ol' Nintendo Direct with Ness, Marth, King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer and Yoshi. THAT way, we would still have a few more characters to reveal at later times (Wario, Zelda/Sheik, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Meta Knight, Zero Suit Samus, Diddy Kong, Ike, Lucas and Sonic are the only ones I feel are a guarantee at this point.)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I feel like they'll save Sonic for later. My bet is on Pokemon Trainer or Mewtwo in October 11, then November we get Zelda, and December goes to Diddy.
January is when I expect some newcomer reveals, taking into account the biggest non-E3 Nintendo Direct was the one on January of this year. That's when we were told pretty much everything. So I imagine January of 2014 we'll get a new Smash trailer with a couple of characters and some sort of announcement about Smash's 15 year anniversary and a release window.
Then when E3 swings is when I expect the next third party character and Sonic to be announced.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
getting back to the topic, I think showing Sonic would be a great choice. The timing could promote Sonic The Lost World, which could use the boost more than any other series. It's a third party game on the Wii U; the better it does, the better for Wii U owners.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mewtwo is the most likely in october due to being the most popular 6th gen pokemon right now and if theres a nintendo direct maybe both sonic and mewtwo and one other character

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I would personally want a more controversial character to be confirmed like Sonic, Ike, Lucas etc

But I'm guessing Yoshi to be next.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It occurs to me, if this character a month thing keeps up and the game comes out december next year we'll have had 15 more reveals. If we take Brawl's 23 starters (Sheik and Zamus counted as seperate but PKMN trainer as 1) and subtract the 12 already confirmed we get 11 more vets to come (12 if you discount Luigi) which means 3-4 newcomers to be announced as starters.

My fake maths may need some peer review.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Yoshi maybe? If not probably Wario. Sakurai seems to want to finish everything Mario related, so the next big series is Zelda or Pokemon to receive a update to the confirmed roster.
.n_n.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Does everyone realize that if there is only one reveal per month, there will only be 15 more characters at the most and that's assuming that it'll be released in December. It has gotta speed up pretty soon.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So since Toon Link came around and said "**** this once a month thing!" I'm gonna go ahead and guess this as the path for the veterans:

Pokémon Trainer -> Sonic -> Zelda -> Diddy Kong.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So since Toon Link came around and said "**** this once a month thing!" I'm gonna go ahead and guess this as the path for the veterans:

Pokémon Trainer -> Sonic -> Zelda -> Diddy Kong.

You think they'll do another Zelda character for the american release? They mighty just pull a Peach and confirm Ness or something.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You think they'll do another Zelda character for the american release? They mighty just pull a Peach and confirm Ness or something.
No, Zelda is for the release of A Link Between Worlds in November.

I'd love a Ness reveal btw, can't wait to see him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No, Zelda is for the release of A Link Between Worlds in November.

I'd love a Ness reveal btw, can't wait to see him.

Oh right, forgot about that game.

On the topic of Ness, considering Mother 3 was GBA only I'm thinking the WiiU version might get another Earthbound stage or, dare I say it, Mother 1 stage.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh right, forgot about that game.

On the topic of Ness, considering Mother 3 was GBA only I'm thinking the WiiU version might get another Earthbound stage or, dare I say it, Mother 1 stage.
The Mother stage is one of the things I'm most excited for with this game, just to see what memorable location they're going to pick out of the many great choices there are. A Mother 1 stage would also be welcome.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Screw once a month! All my Brawl mains are now back in this game! Oh, I am so excited!!!! Yay Toon Link! I'm giddy right now, at 6 in the morning.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Patterns be damned, I'm going to predict a Yoshi reveal until we get a Yoshi reveal!

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Fuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! SAKURIA WHY DO YOU LIKE ENTROPY. You just can't predict anything with him. Right when he does 1 thing he goes all xbox one on our butts and is like "Oh you c this pattern? F that I do what I want!" As someone who tries to think logically(when not blinded by one of my characters i want) this is driving me mad. First Random Peach and now a Stage Hazard(decoration?) is also a character. (ps i know its ww link and st links and they are different.) I bet tomorrow he announces Young Link then for Link Between worlds he announces classic link and then on MM remakethere is dlc for masked link, then wolf link and then dark Link and then red, blue, and purple link and then... But seriously Sakurai is going to post a pic with WW TL and St TL and SS/TP Link together.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Since unlockables can be used for promotion, i guess Mewtwo is the perfect promotion.
Now we know Sakurai! (But there's a chance he could be playing mind games and he could do a different character like Ness)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Since unlockables can be used for promotion, i guess Mewtwo is the perfect promotion.
Now we know Sakurai! (But there's a chance he could be playing mind games and he could do a different character like Ness)

Earthbound was partially the inspiration for Pokemon and a lot of the original team for red/green worked on Earthbound so that connection still has too much logic.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Just watch, the next direct we have (which I assume would be about Pokemon X/Y), we're gonna have a special "treat" for Super Smash Bros. Iwata will say please take a look... and show screenshots of... Wario.

Xigger

Smash Lord
The true pattern so far is important (japanese) Nintendo dates: new game release, old game anniversary, and the Year of the Luigi Nintendo Direct.
But instead of mentioning just predicted dates....

Does anyone else find the order of characters announced to be an odd coincidence? Olimar, Luigi and Peach, Toon Link, it's as if Nintendo's favorite franchises are being completed one at a time.

D

Deleted member

October: Mewtwo or Jigglypuff and Sonic
November: Zelda
December: Diddy Kong
If there will be SSB4 news in the next Nintendo Direct, then I expect to see one of those flashy trailers that we saw at E3 for a newcomer. I'm predicting that newcomer to be Little Mac.

Arteen

Smash Lord
If Sonic is in, I hope he get his own movie. He's a veteran, but he certainly deserves a big reveal event.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If Sonic is in, I hope he get his own movie. He's a veteran, but he certainly deserves a big reveal event.
They might do that for someone like Sonic. Being Sonic of course.

I'm assuming we'll get Mewtwo and then Sonic in October. In November, Zelda. We'll probably get Diddy late November/early December, and then, as our "Christmas Present", we might get a Nintendo Direct with newcomers. I'm hoping to hit 20 characters by the end of 2013.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'll repost my quote from the Jigglypuff boards.

So I was thinkin, with Toon Link revealed today I'm thinking theres a very high chance that we'll see Jigglypuff get revealed in October when Pokemon X and Y comes out.

While not 100% certain, I feel like Toon Link and Luigi are still secret characters but Sakurai has decided to reveal them anyways, as so far he's been revealing only returning characters despite them being unlockable or not. And almost all of the returning characters have had been shown because of new games that are coming out. So it was already kind of obvious that a Pokemon rep was going to be shown for X and Y. People think its going to be a newcomer, Mewtwo, or Pokemon Trainer. Point is is that Nintendo HASN'T shown us a newcomer and has only been showing us old characters, regardless if they were secret characters or not. This rules out any new pokemon, and most likely Pokemon Trainer because he should have new pokemon to battle with. Leaving the only returning characters left to be Mewtwo, Lucario, and Jigglypuff. Mewtwo I consider to be somebody "new" again so I doubt they'll show him if he does return. As for Lucario he's the 2nd most likely because he still could return but I feel like he wont. Then you have Jigglypuff who has been in every single smash game to date. Not to mention, she sports the new Fairy type which is new feature for X and Y and would most likely be a good candidate to promote it. So she's still very so relevant to the series.

So I dunno about you guys, but I feel like we might be seein our favorite pink puffball (that sings and doesn't know how to copy other's abilities) return.

So yeah. Callin it. Early October Jigglypuffs commin back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom