• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game: Who do you think will be the next character announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
October: Mewtwo or Jigglypuff and Sonic
November: Zelda
December: Diddy Kong
If there will be SSB4 news in the next Nintendo Direct, then I expect to see one of those flashy trailers that we saw at E3 for a newcomer. I'm predicting that newcomer to be Little Mac.
The october part is what im thinking either mewtwo or jigglypuff and sonic because its confirmed that 2 charactera are possible per month

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuff is a species that's population is 1/4 Male and 3/4 Female. So Females ARE more common but you can call it whatever gender you want. Although I like to think that the Jigglypuff I play as in smash is male, I generally refer Jigglypuff as a female to avoid confusion.

I feel like if Mewtwo returned, he'd require a special video and wouldn't just be announced as a regular returning character, and if they are just showing off returning characters then I don't think we'll see him in October. Before hand it'd be super odd to consider seeing Jigglypuff but, it seems like the whole not showing secret characters thing is out of the window. Luigi we all thought just had a pass because of Year of Luigi. But with Toonlink shown as well now, yeah.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Jigglypuff is a species that's population is 1/4 Male and 3/4 Female. So Females ARE more common but you can call it whatever gender you want. Although I like to think that the Jigglypuff I play as in smash is male, I generally refer Jigglypuff as a female to avoid confusion.

I feel like if Mewtwo returned, he'd require a special video and wouldn't just be announced as a regular returning character, and if they are just showing off returning characters then I don't think we'll see him in October. Before hand it'd be super odd to consider seeing Jigglypuff but, it seems like the whole not showing secret characters thing is out of the window. Luigi we all thought just had a pass because of Year of Luigi. But with Toonlink shown as well now, yeah.
Correct sakurai clearly had plenty of time for mewtwos trailer wince hes more likely than jigglypuff to be confirmed first i mean he could have ben working on mewtwos trailer during the few months

Beside i really doubt newcomers will not be revealed till near the release day i mean after all there are newcomers who are going to be starters even though it looks like sakurai will reveal all characters in random order according to toon links reveal i mean i really doubt both links are going to be starters

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Point I'm trying to make is, is that if the pattern of only showing off old characters is true, then we won't be seeing Mewtwo in October. Yes he technically is a old character but he would the be the first of his kind to be the first returning character that got cut from brawl. Again, patterns have been broken all the time so its not out of the question that we could be seeing a newcomer be revealed soon.

With the patterns being the way they currently are, Jigglypuff has the best chance of being shown in October, followed closely by Lucario, followed by Mewtwo or Pokemon Trainer, followed by any other possible new Pokemon, followed by None.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I was just pointing out that the Jigglypuff in Smash is always referred to as a he... c'mon, doesn't anyone read the trophies...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was just pointing out that the Jigglypuff in Smash is always referred to as a he... c'mon, doesn't anyone read the trophies...
Thats what i want to know doesn't any one even see that the blue color for jigglypuff is a hair bow which is what girls wear

Groose

Smash Champion
A Pokemon is the obvious choice.

Pokemon Trainer is possible---it would give Sakurai a plethora of potential picture possibilities.

Jigglypuff could work.

Mewtwo would build hype, but is that Sakurai's goal?

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
You sure? I looked up Jigglypuff's trophies for both Melee and Brawl, as well as it's description in 64, and in each and every one Jigglypuff is referred to exclusively as an 'it'. At least that's the case in the English versions, maybe it's different in the languages of other versions. Really, it's safe to assume that Smash Jigglypuff is female - officially 75% of Jigglypuffs are female, add to that the fact that Jigglypuff wears female clothing (including a hat belonging to a female trainer), it's about 95% probable that 'it' is a she. I wonder why people never pull people up who refer to Pikachu as a he, saying that in fact 'he' is a she? It's more likely that Smash Pikachu is female than Jiggs being male.

Hopefully Pokemon Origins, as well as the Kanto starters being in X/Y means that Red (Pokemon Trainer) will be confirmed in October, if not then November to celebrate Origins becoming available internationally. There's no better time to reveal him than during the next two months, if he's not revealed during during that time then I'll become even more concerned about him not returning. I'll be optimistic and say he'll be revealed in October, and since Toon Link broke the pattern of one newcomer per month I see no reason why Sonic can't be revealed as well.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Let's go a step further in predicting the next few month's of reveal and assume that, with so many high-profile games and game anniversaries, there will be two reveals each month until the end of the year:

October: A Pokemon character for Pokemon X & Y (P. Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo, and/or a newcomer are all likely, and we don't know which Sakurai would go with); Sonic for Sonic Lost Worlds
November: Zelda for A Link Between Worlds (As somebody pointed out in another thread, the anniversaries of both the Japan and International releases of Ocarina of Time are the days directly before and directly after (respectively) ALBW releases, so a dual Zelda/Sheik reveal is relatively likely); Captain Falcon for the anniversary of F-Zero's release (which also, cooincidentally, is on the 21st, same as Ocarina of Time [Japan]) OR a Mario series newcomer for the International release of SM3DW (Toad?)
December: Diddy Kong for Topical Freeze (A DK newcomer, either Dixie Kong or King K. Rool, is also possible but an outside chance); A Mario series newcomer for the Japanese release of SM3DW (more likely than the above, as Sakurai has so far seemed to mainly time his reveals around the Japanese releases or anniversaries)

That's as far as Veteran series go, I am unsure of anniversary dates for likely newcomers' series.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just learned something R.O.B could be confirmed in October the gyromite anniversary is october 18th in usa

With that said if a gyromite stage is confirmed thats almost a confession that R.O.B is coming back

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'm guessing Sonic and a Pokémon rep in October, considering we don't have the one character a month thing anymore.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mewtwo

Man, I wish it was ROB. He's my most wanted veteran this time around

Other than Dedede but I have full confidence in Dedede returning

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
I think Jigglypuff and Mewtwo would be revealed near Pokemon X & Y release dates. But then again, R.O.B. could also be revealed (which would make sense because of the Gyromite anniversary).

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
October Release Predictions:
Week 1: None
Week 2: Jigglypuff
Week 3: R.O.B.
Week 4: Sonic

(Mewtwo could be an unlockable character...) :mewtwomelee:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

Luigi's likely unlockable too, I think he'll pick Mewtwo or Pokémon Trainer for the X Y reveal given the Kanto Starters being given to you in X and Y. I hope for Mewtwo, but he may wish to keep that for later to build up hype, especially since Sonic's return would be a pretty big deal too next month. I don't think who's been revealed has any relation to who will be unlockable this game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Luigi's likely unlockable too, I think he'll pick Mewtwo or Pokémon Trainer for the X Y reveal given the Kanto Starters being given to you in X and Y. I hope for Mewtwo, but he may wish to keep that for later to build up hype, especially since Sonic's return would be a pretty big deal too next month. I don't think who's been revealed has any relation to who will be unlockable this game.
I think they need to build up hype now.

It's dead hype as far as I'm concerned

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Love the prediction but for week 2 i think mewtwo or pokemon trainer is more premotional than jigglypuff in my opinion.

Digging the prediction could happen

i mean x and y you get 2 starters this time and the 2 starter is a kanto starter witch is what the pokemon trainer had in brawl all 3 kanto starters in brawl

And for mewtwo he was the first pokemon to introduce the mega evolutions we diden't know it was a mega evolution at the time and plus hes the only one with 2 mega evoltuions

And for ROB and Sonic ROB possible for Anniversary of gyromite and sonic for promotion of lost worlds

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think they would reveal by Japan date though. Plus no upcoming game is promoting R.O.B., so its we know till release.
Oh really then explain to me that peaches revealed one day before super mario brothers for the nes true release date for the whole world but still possible for rob to be revealed in october

Plus luigi was revealed for the usa release of mario brothers dream team

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh really then explain to me that peaches revealed one day before super mario brothers for the nes true release date for the whole world but still possible for rob to be revealed in october

Plus luigi was revealed for the usa release of mario brothers dream team
It's still possible, maybe next July we'll see R.O.B.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
What if the next character announced is a zelda character?? I mean they revealed olimar, the only one of his series, then they revealed luigi and peach finishing off the mario series.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What if the next character announced is a zelda character?? I mean they revealed olimar, the only one of his series, then they revealed luigi and peach finishing off the mario series. Its unlikely, but what if they revealed peach only because they revealed luigi, and thats why she did not promote anything.
She was revealed for the anniversary of super Mario Brothers nes one day before that came out

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh and for the pokemon newcomer

If hes going to keep unlockable characters a secret the pokemon trainer

If hes revealing unlockable characters but not telling which ones have to be unlocked then mewtwo or jigglypuff

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have a suggestion.

Why not turn this thread into a game?

Users can post their guesses on the next character revealed. And When the next character is revealed on the Dojo, we can update the OP with the character revealed the users who guessed correctly.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have a suggestion.

Why not turn this thread into a game?

Users can post their guesses on the next character revealed. And When the next character is revealed on the Dojo, we can update the OP with the character revealed the users who guessed correctly.
I like this idea. We can guess the date and character, and the one spot-on, or the closest one in that matter, will get snaps.

I guess I will have to take Pokemon Trainer for Friday, October 11. :pt:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'm going to play the price is right with all of you and say Thursday the 10th (though I think it'll be earlier) we'll get Mewtwo and Sonic revealed in a Nintendo Direct; however, as this is who's next I'm going to have to choose one to put my fictional money on, and I go Mewtwo will get the first trailer/appearance in the Smash trailer.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff or Pokémon Trainer

At this point i've given up on any newcomers being revealed at all. It's pretty obvious Sakurai has no intention of actually revealing anything interesting on the site. Not even any changes to existing characters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I bet Jigglypuff in the week leading up to X&Y.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I hope R.O.B go to hell and doesn't return.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Jigglypuff or Pokémon Trainer

At this point i've given up on any newcomers being revealed at all. It's pretty obvious Sakurai has no intention of actually revealing anything interesting on the site. Not even any changes to existing characters
I hope R.O.B go to hell and doesn't return.
Mmm... the positivity here is enveloping me, please tone done your happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom